RIP Black Mamba: Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash CONFIRMED

BigDHornfan

3 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I do hope for all involved it was fast and unexpected. I can’t imagine my daughter looking at me in panic or fear knowing what is about to happen.

It's a thought that has haunted me.  I just hope those kids were clueless until impact.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don't know that he ever admitted to non-consensual sex.

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

I agree that he walked a line with the statement but saying that you now understand that the woman did not believe it was consensual is close to admitting sex assault. I know a lawyer would say the line is the important aspect and he didn’t cross it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Mods, y'all are going to check that IP address and let us know his new name when he signs back up, right?

He posts often in the Houston Rockets thread and is a huge fan of Gerald Green. If a new user name shows up in the thread fitting his posting description, will post about it in this thread.

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I agree that he walked a line with the statement but saying that you now understand that the woman did not believe it was consensual is close to admitting sex assault. I know a lawyer would say the line is the important aspect and he didn’t cross it. 

Close I guess. But no admission.  

my understanding is she agreed to not testify against him in criminal case in exchange for that agreed statement.  

he said he believed it was consensual.  

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

my understanding is she agreed to not testify against him in criminal case in exchange for that agreed statement.  

I believed that the car in the driveway was mine when I drove away with it, I know realize it was yours.

that statement and an eventual 2.5m ended the case.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Somebody also leaked the girl's name when it wasn't supposed to have come out.

Edited by C-Man

What video is this? PM me if you dont want to share brother. 

A coworker showed it to me yesterday. I don’t know how he found it or if it was real. But it sorta jived with what I’d heard about it. Pitching everywhere, hit tail rotor first. I’ll see if I can find it.

If I can’t, I’ll ask him in the morning where he saw it, but it was probably fake because I find it hard to believe someone hasn’t sold it if they had it.

9 hours ago, d2o said:

There have been plenty of people who have wanted to change it to MJ or others.   And to your second point, that is all the more reason it should have never been made public that it was West.

It was really ever made public. People put 2 and 2 together and essentially outed it. The designer didn't even acknowledge it until recently 

https://theundefeated.com/features/hall-of-fame-jerry-west-designer-alan-siegel-nba-logo/

For legal and financial reasons, the NBA has never officially recognized — and it never will — the fact that West is the logo. But we all know it’s him.

Why did you select Jerry West as the silhouette of the NBA logo?

I started thinking about it and was very close with Dick Schaap, the sportswriter. He was working at SPORT magazine, so I asked him if I could look at their photo files. I went through the files and I found a number of images of NBA players … I found a picture of Jerry West, which is what I used as the basis of the logo. I was attracted to it because it was nice and vertical, and it had him leaning and dribbling … had a little motion to it. I designed eight, nine or 10 different versions, and that turned out to be the most effective. I presented it to the NBA, and they approved it immediately and began to use it. Today, they would’ve gone through some sort of crazy research process for six months, but it was spontaneously accepted, and it’s been used now for 40-plus years.

Who were some of the other players you considered?

I looked at some logos where there were hands up around the net and the ball. I looked at Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s hook shot. I looked at Wilt Chamberlain, Tom Havlicek, Tom Gola and a few others that I remember. The one with West just really worked. It was really kind of elegant and classic. … At the time, he was on the All-Star team like 12 times. He was the MVP in one of the Finals.

NowThis should have come right back here as soon as he realized was happened, and owned it. 

Just something short and sweet like, "I like it freaky, who fucking cares, half of you pussies are virgins." 

He would have gotten some ribbing here. And it would be a cheap throwaway joke in future threads for cheap rep. But generally owning it would have been respected. 

The longer he stays away, the worse it's going to be. Own it. 

• Like 1

NowThis should have come right back here as soon as he realized was happened, and owned it. 
Just something short and sweet like, "I like it freaky, who fucking cares, half of you pussies are virgins." 
He would have gotten some ribbing here. And it would be a cheap throwaway joke in future threads for cheap rep. But generally owning it would have been respected. 

Most of you pussies are too afraid to try anything freaky

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Most of you pussies are too afraid to try anything freaky

That would be me. When you said you may have the Wuflu I was thinking of asking for dibs on your stripper ex-wife. Then, I was like no: There is probably a reason she is an ex.

39 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Tell that to South Austin and his mom. This board isn’t super good letting things slide. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I would have just owned it immediately.  There's no way in hell any of you would ever find out that I'm actually Richard Gottleib of 1000 Lucinda Terrace, Georgetown, TX, 78628

Edited by mulletpelini
and really like large objects thrust in my ass
  • Like 5

I was in shock when I heard the news. I had left church and was cooking for the folks that will be my in-laws and my brother sent me a text saying Kobe died in a helicopter crash. I got so many texts. People who hate the Lakers were sad and crying about this. 

It did not fully hit me until I listened to Shaq break down in tears. I have been a Laker fan almost all of my life. I go back to the Showtime era. Seeing a mountain of a man like Shaq burst into tears was hard.

Athletes are people just like us and they hurt. I cannot fathom the pain Kobe's wife is feeling right now. To lose not only your husband, but also a daughter would be unbearable. I put in a prayer for them and all the rest of the families who are suffering from those who died in that crash. Those of you who are parents must feel some connection to something like this when it happens. 

• Like 3

NTSB investigators said the helicopter, which crashed into a hillside, also lacked a terrain avoidance warning system, something the transportation safety agency also has long recommended be standard. The pilot missed clearing the hill by 20 to 30 feet, investigators said Tuesday.

In 2017, the FAA told the NTSB it was seeking to perform a cost-benefit analysis. But the agency said it was required to demonstrate to the White House budget office that the safety benefits of new regulations outweigh their costs and that it was unable “to justify a recorder mandate because the benefits of recorders are difficult to identify and quantify because the absence of a recorder will never cause an accident.” Last year, Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) joined the NTSB’s call after a helicopter crashed into a New York skyscraper, telling the Associated Press the FAA’s failure to act was a “serious concern.”

Edited by Pasken

See, this is just insane to me. Why wouldn’t he have retrofitted the thing with new avionics/sensors/etc. you’d think whoever was maintaining the thing would have mentioned availability and it’s not like Kobe couldn’t afford it, especially since he didn’t buy new.