RIP Black Mamba: Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash CONFIRMED

BigDHornfan

25 minutes ago, Txzen said:

I think that's whats they were trying to do, but somehow missed following the 101. The LA times reports an eyewitness saying the aircraft was 'sputtering' so perhaps there was an additional mechanical issue. For those not familiar with this area, it's actually quite mountainous, and both the 118 and 101 really thread a needle there.

No doubt. I've driven through there more time than I care to think about getting out of West Hollywood up to Santa Barbara. Its definitely threading a needle

God could it be 4 dads. 4 daughters and a pilot.  ???

I think, unfortunately, this is going to be the case.

And don’t you know they were all excited as hell.

And what a cool ass story to tell to coworkers and classmates the next day.

“What’d you do this weekend?”

“Oh, just rode with Kobe Bryant on his helicopter to my/my kid’s basketball game NBD.”

5 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Do you want them to shut the government down too? They didn’t stop football for the president being assassinated, I doubt they will stop down the US because a basketball player was killed.

Its an exhibition game that not many give a shit about anyway

clearly, i'm watching golf right now.  but the talk of the tournament is still about Kobe.  they obviously mentioned Tiger's connection with him.  but John Rahm, a 25 year old golfer who grew up in Spain, was in contention, and Nantz mentioned this video from June 2019.  it just goes to show how powerful a force Kobe was worldwide.

Edited by Jive Turkey

If it was a Lakers game, i'd get shutting it down.   As a fan, if I'd paid for the Nuggets and Rockets game and they called it for a former( non Denver/ Houston legend) player dying, I'd be pretty pissed.

The tributes have been very cool and appropriate to pay respects.  Play the games though...

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, d2o said:

Its an exhibition game that not many give a shit about anyway

If we were talking about the NBA All-Star game I would agree letting it go on would be weird.  I don't expect sports leagues to halt events, preseason, exhibition, or otherwise because an athlete from another sport passed away.

3 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

What a fucking jackass. Saying “bakers” instead of Lakers”.  Ok.  But in what mind should that word be correlated to anything. Much less “lakers”.  Hope she enjoys permanent unemployment. 

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

It is sad anytime anyone's life is cut short.  It is even sadder when it is kids, as it appears there is in this situation.  That being said, it amazes me the level of "devastation" being expressed by people on this board considering that they were not close, personal friends or even acquaintances of those involved.  Hell, the level of hand wringing by the public is ridiculous.  It is sad and tragic, but life goes on.  

I think anytime a celebrity dies, it forces people to take stock of their own mortality and reflect on how easily their lives--or the lives of someone they love--could end. Throw in some children and the speculation that the tragedy might have been avoidable and, well, it becomes a very, very sad story that is unfortunately also very relatable.

Though I never cared for Kobe, I find myself surprised at how much of a shadow this news has cast on the day. Indeed, life for us will go on, but not for them.

Mr. Bryant obviously affected millions of people in a very profound and positive way.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Atxracer said:

What a fucking jackass. Saying “bakers” instead of Lakers”.  Ok.  But in what mind should that word be correlated to anything. Much less “lakers”.  Hope she enjoys permanent unemployment. 

We really going to fire people over a pretty obvious--though regrettable--tongue tie?

Wait, I already know the answer to that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Atxracer said:

I highly doubt she did this even remotely on purpose. She tweeted after she got the Knicks and Lakers confused and it came out Nakers . I listened to this and she said Nakers. Fucking Christ...

• Like 2