2020 Pro Bowl - ESPN/ABC right now

clapclapclap

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

literally anyone from Surly could have scored that td, I can't believe people watch this shit. 

So, when did the Pro Bowl become a glorified touch football game?  This is the first year in a while that actually watched some of it.  I certainly would not pay to watch it live.

2 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

So, when did the Pro Bowl become a glorified touch football game?  This is the first year in a while that actually watched some of it.  I certainly would not pay to watch it live.

It's always been that way. At least since the late 70's / early 80's when I started watching the NFL.

19 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

It is still better than both the NBA and NHL All Star games where absolutely no one plays one second of defense.

NBA and NHL everyone gets to participate and show off.  What the fuck would you do in the NFL in a non-"skill" position such as line man?  Hell even for RB , Zeke got 1 carry.... whats the purpose?  and its not even a trip to hawaii anymore

I remember being 10 years old and thinking that All Star games had some kind of inherent value to them.  It seemed like that was a more prevalent mindset in those days (early to mid 90's) but somewhere along the way that's gone totally out the window.  I have zero interest in the Pro Bowl today.

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

NBA and NHL everyone gets to participate and show off.  What the fuck would you do in the NFL in a non-"skill" position such as line man?  Hell even for RB , Zeke got 1 carry.... whats the purpose?  and its not even a trip to hawaii anymore

That's not true Zeke completed a pass too.

10 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

since NFC coach Barry Switzer sat on the bench eating hotdogs watching the game on the video board with the mist fan blowing on him while the NFC was getting their asses kicked.

22 hours ago, 52-80 said:

The purpose is TV and the money it generates and I would bet the Pro Bowl ratings are higher than the NBA Championship games.

20 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The purpose is TV and the money it generates and I would bet the Pro Bowl ratings are higher than the NBA Championship games.

obviously.  im asking, whats in it for the players?  if im an offensive guard im not showing up to block for a strange dude in a game that doesnt matter.  youre not slam dunking the ball.  its not a sexy exhibition. 

and a big no on the second statement.

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

obviously.  im asking, whats in it for the players?  if im an offensive guard im not showing up to block for a strange dude in a game that doesnt matter.  youre not slam dunking the ball.  its not a sexy exhibition. 

and a big no on the second statement.

I actually saw the OL taking a knee during pass plays.

Seriously this should become a skills competition.  i enjoy watching the combine.  This should become a Team event where strength, agility, speed, and endurance is part of the competition doing an assortment of competitive events.

I actually saw the OL taking a knee during pass plays.
Seriously this should become a skills competition.  i enjoy watching the combine.  This should become a Team event where strength, agility, speed, and endurance is part of the competition doing an assortment of competitive events.

Honestly they should just make it a 7on7 tournament of 4 teams and do a linemen challenge.