Projected Starting Lineup

Aces_Full

Let's hear it.  Predict the starting lineup vs the Terps 1st game of the season.  Offense & Defense.  And what lineup changes do you predict over the course of the season?  

I expect us to be pretty salty defensively.  As always, offense hinges on the offensive line play.  We get decent O-Line play, and every other group looks better.  

• QB: Ehlinger 
  • RB: Young, with Carter splitting carries
  • OL: Anderson, Vahe, Shack, Rodriquez, Kerstetter *shrugs*
  • WR: Johnson, LJH, Duvernay 
  • TE: Brewer (if healthy)
  • DL: Hager, Nelson, Charles O (+Graham)
  • LB: Roach, Hater of QBs/RBs, McCulloch
  • DB: Davis, Boyd, Locke, Bonney, Jones 

Those DB youngins will see plenty of playing time as the season progresses, especially Caden Sterns

Edited by BigBenBamboozle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Looks to me like you've got one too many LBs and one too few DBs. I'm willing to bet we go base dime more often than not. Because Orlando is fucking nuts. Great, but nuts.

Adding another DB in the Dime/Lightning packages would include... Josh Thompson?  Seems like he's ready to ball out this year. Ready for Overshown to be that lightning package tweener in a year or so. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Looks to me like you've got one too many LBs and one too few DBs. I'm willing to bet we go base dime more often than not. Because Orlando is fucking nuts. Great, but nuts.

Maybe in general but the question was about the maryland game. We will not be basing out of dime for Maryland. 

11 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Those DB youngins will see plenty of playing time as the season progresses, especially Caden Sterns

Looks right. Stearns or Foster may break into the starting lineup.

Ehlinger

Young

Anderson, Vahe, Shack, Okafor, Kerstetter

Letaio

CJ, Duvernay, LJH

———————————————————

Hager, Graham, Omen

GJ, Shark

A buncha DB’s who will F you up except Jones until he learns to play the ball in the air.

———————————————————

Kin of Dickson

Dicker the Kicker

30 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Doesn't matter. Lightning works against the run, too, if you do it right.  The old rules are not the rules Orlando follows.

I don't know what to think about facing Canada's offense in the first game. On one hand, he did jack shit with LSU athletes on offense and will have a big step down with Maryland athletes. On the other hand, all of that motion and jetsweep stuff won't really be fun in the first game with no film. 

My stab:

• RB: Young    +Carter
  • OL: Anderson, Vahe, Kerstetter, Grandy, Okafor
  • WR: Johnson, LJH, Heard   + Duvernay
  • TE: Beck   + Leitao
  • DL: Hager, Graham, Charles O   + Nelson
  • LB: Roach, Johnson   + Shark
  • DB: Davis, Boyd, Thompson, Locke, Jones   + Foster
Edited by Vertigo

Ehlinger and a Hand led offensive line are what I am most excited to see. They hopefully have made the leap. I don't think it will matter who exactly is starting as much as what is the scheme and how do they play together. Also, I'm praying the play calling improves with Hand.

Tackle - Anderson, Kerstetter, Rodriguez, and Okafor have experience. Cosmi and Urquidez are there too.

I think Anderson and Kerstetter start.

Guard - Okafor, Vahe, Grandy, Hudson, Imade, Rodriguez

I think Vahe and Rodriguez start.

Shackelford at Center.

WRs and RBs will probably shuffle so much again it won't matter really who starts.

I don't worry at all about defense, because it seems like intensity and scheme is going to win on that side of the ball. Guys will all get some playing time, but the 3-2-6 looks like it will be used quite a bit to control the passing game. If the DBs can get off blocks well enough and tackle well enough to stop the run game, I think 6 of them in there puts the most talent on the field. If the LBs keep being injured maybe 4 -1- 6. 

4 hours ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

I just dropped this into my machine and it tells me that we will beat Maryland 473-0.

No, check that:  474-0.  That seems right.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

I just dropped this into my machine and it tells me that we will beat Maryland 473-0.

No, check that:  474-0.  That seems right.

I still have NCAA2014 for PS3 and get the newest rosters every year and play the shit out of it.

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/923744-ncaa-football-14-2018-19-roster-update.html

Texas isn't done yet as of now...