The Worst Movie/TV Characters

ernest_t_bass

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

characters sucked, but they were supposed to - skyler white, betty draper

characters sucked and the actors sucked and they were just terrible - moira kelly in west wing, janice soprano, sofia coppola in gf3, all the kids in modern family

Was going to post this one too. It was fortunate that she left the show.

• Like 1

Probably an unpopular opinion, but Tom Haverford from Parks and Rec. Love the show but I find nothing remotely funny or interesting about Aziz Ansari, in this show or elsewhere. Jean-Ralphio was worse, I would literally murder him if he were real. His sister was good for a few laughs though.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

characters sucked and the actors sucked and they were just terrible - moira kelly in west wing, janice soprano, sofia coppola in gf3, all the kids in modern family

Godfather 3 should have never aired.  Sofia Coppola was awful and Pacino forgot all about who Michael Corleone was.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blacklab said:

This is the correct answer.

Completely ruined the show for me. I ended up just fast forwarding any scene she was in. 

I thought she did a fine job playing the role. The whole point was that you're supposed to hate her. She's an annoying, leach of a person. And I think Aida Turturro did a good job of portraying that. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

characters sucked, but they were supposed to - skyler white, betty draper

I disagree on Janice.  Yes I hated her.  But Aida Turturro's acting was fucking great.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but Tom Haverford from Parks and Rec. Love the show but I find nothing remotely funny or interesting about Aziz Ansari, in this show or elsewhere. Jean-Ralphio was worse, I would literally murder him if he were real. His sister was good for a few laughs though.

you shouldn’t post while being drunk and high, while on lsd 

On 1/27/2020 at 12:18 PM, longhornmatt said:

Glen was the son of the creator of the show.  And, yes, he was absolutely awful due to the actor being so bad.

Costa, the douchebag kid in Project X, was bad in every way.  That movie in general was a giant waste, but the one thing I remember about it is that guy being uniquely offputting and not in an entertaining way.  I think I spent the second half of the movie just wondering how he got in the business and which studio head was his father.

In a rare disagreement with you, Project X was fantastic, if only due to this scene:

19 hours ago, 'stache said:

Jean Ralphio is one of my favorite TV characters of all time. You’re supposed to hate him, Ben Schwartz was great in that role.

On 1/27/2020 at 3:08 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

He's such a cunt.  Reminds me of a roommate I had in college who was one of the guys that would lose his shit over nothing, and was completely unpredictable about it.

The scene where Tommy gets made is one of the most rewarding in cinema history to me.

Read about the real life Tommy DeSimone. Joe Pesci made the Goodfella’s Tommy about as likable as possible. A very well deserved Oscar win. You think I’m funny, am I a clown, do I amuse you, is an iconic scene. 

The Spider murder scene is a tough watch, but DeNiro breaking Tommy’s balls was good stuff. Tommy killing Billy Batts was dumb, but the guy had it coming.