2020 Super Bowl Food/Drink Thread

BurntOrange&White

I'm going to smoke beef cheeks (for tacos) for the first time on my Big Green Egg. Might get something else to keep them company on the smoker. I'm also making a whole bunch of taco meat so people can build-their-own tacos or bowls. (Under orders to dial back my game-day cooking obligations for some reason.)

Spending time with friends we haven’t seen in a while this year so no major cooking:

Grilled wings. Hot and mild bbq options.

Ruffles with French Onion Dip 

Jack Allen’s Pimento Cheese Dip

Jack Allen’s Jalapeno Crab Dip

Conan’s “Savage” Deep Dish 

Conan’s thin crust pepperoni 

• Like 2

With the game being in Miami and all, we are doing a Cuban themed menu. I’m smoking Cuban pulled pork with a mojo marinade injection. Sides will be Cuban grilled corn, rice and beans. Plus, Cuban-style beignets (buñuelos) for dessert.

Cuban pulled pork with a mojo marinade injection along with Cuban grilled corn, rice and beans plus Cuban-style beignets (buñuelos) with Star Anise sauce for dessert. All delicious.

87ffd7de2c0d94d0b7bde96bfcad8f21.jpg

103e17271bf5daecc2352989a776ccb2.jpg

• Like 4

Made breakfast for the kids on the griddle. Then pizza and cheesebread during the first half. Pizza turned out great. I used a mix of whole milk mozz and Wisconsin brick. Light sauce and Delallo stick pepperoni (better than Boars head imo). 

49483404836_6fd1393211_c.jpg

49483405346_a2c6e7d672_b.jpg

Dessert during halftime. No pics but if any of you all have kids and want to make a special treat this turned out spectacular according to the judges. I see there are Baked Bears in TX. My kids all time favorite food is something they used to have on their menu but no longer do. The ice cream donut. I was able to recreate. 

Krispy Kreme donuts - get them without glaze. Slice them length wise like a bagel. 

A 2/3 scoop of Ice cream per donut, sprinkles, powdered sugar, icing if desired

Parchment paper. 

I used a panini press/griddler like this with the flat plates. If you don't have one  I'm sure a frying pan would work, you would just have to flip. 10 seconds pressed at 300. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and top with icing when done. 

mobi_GR-5B_Hero.jpg

No pics.  Fam slammed the food pretty quick and I was doing my best to see what was at the bottom of my bottle of Titos.

Pork ribs, dry-rub mix of Jockos and my ever-evolving brisket rub (heavy on the pepper).  3-2-1 method, finished with a glaze of my spicier homemade version of Sweet Baby Rays

• 1 1/4 cups ketchup preferably organic
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice or you can sub apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon worchestire sauce
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
  • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper

Then a huge cast-iron pot of cajun red beans accented with spicy boudin sausage and japs and cornbread sweetened with vanilla extract and natural bliss creamer (in lieu of milk).  Servied with Irish butter and honey.

Edited by BabaYaga

27 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Mine looked similar to this, except instead of cheese, I stuffed with boudin sausage.  They did not suck.  Was even told by one person I didn't know that they were the best jalapeno poppers he's ever had.

This sounds awesome. I defy somebody to tell me one dish that is not made better with the addition of boudin.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:39 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I may get flamed for this, but Sam's has a pretty good buffalo chicken dip.

the Frank's brand?  it's pretty good but really needs more chicken.  I usually grab a rotisserie chicken to add meat to the dip