UIL Realignment 2020

12 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Your first sentence proves my point. It's Judson and a bunch of teams that spend all season beating up on shitty SA schools, then make it to the playoffs and never do anything.

The irony to your argument is that you could say basically the exact same thing about Austin-area football and be correct.

Austin 6A is Westlake and Lake Travis, and a whole lot of meh.  SA 6A has turned into Judson and Steele and a whole lot of meh.  The differences are that SA Wagner is moving to 6A, so SA might have a 3rd team, and that SA has had some other really good programs that are currently down (Smithson Valley has played for state several times) and Austin hasn't had anything else since the Griffins graduated.

The irony to your argument is that you could say basically the exact same thing about Austin-area football and be correct.
Austin 6A is Westlake and Lake Travis, and a whole lot of meh.  SA 6A has turned into Judson and Steele and a whole lot of meh.  The differences are that SA Wagner is moving to 6A, so SA might have a 3rd team, and that SA has had some other really good programs that are currently down (Smithson Valley has played for state several times) and Austin hasn't had anything else since the Griffins graduated.

BV
Not sure I agree it’s just WL and LT in Austin.

I wager Vandy is closer to downtown Austin than Judson, Steele, and Smithson Valley are to downtown SA.

Vandy is a legit contender in the playoffs now. In almost every sport.

24 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

BV
Not sure I agree it’s just WL and LT in Austin.

I wager Vandy is closer to downtown Austin than Judson, Steele, and Smithson Valley are to downtown SA.

Vandy is a legit contender in the playoffs now. In almost every sport.

My bad, they were 5A the last time I saw them play in person.  Speaking of, what happened to that little white running back they had who was averaging nearly 300 yards/game?

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I completely agree with your post!!!!! They are very similar districts, as Bowie and Hays can be competitive at times.

My point is how on earth is that San Antonio district ranked 3rd in state? None of the teams ever get out of their region! Ever!

On a funny note, I like how people have to go back to 2009 to find games where a San Antonio  team beat up on Westlake, and that "O'Connor was leading LT in the 4th quarter." Very Aggyesque, no? 

My old school Madisonville who can never ever stay in the same district 4 years in a row gets put in a district with Jasper, Center and Carthage. Do these fuckers even know where Madisonville is? Getting our ass kicked in Carthage and then having a 3 hour bus ride home sounds like fun. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 12:06 PM, Beau Vine said:

L-OH-FUCKING-L, look at this dogshit:

Austin Achieve
Austin Eastside Memorial
Geronimo Navarro
Manor New Tech
SA Young Men's Leadership
Wimberley

I assume this appeal is going to be based heavily on the fact that none of these four other schools has JV, freshman, or junior high teams, so it's going to be real hell trying put together sub-varsity schedules, which will adversely affect the future of both programs.  

On 2/7/2020 at 8:09 PM, hookem48 said:

My old school Madisonville who can never ever stay in the same district 4 years in a row gets put in a district with Jasper, Center and Carthage. Do these fuckers even know where Madisonville is? Getting our ass kicked in Carthage and then having a 3 hour bus ride home sounds like fun. 

That's the life of East Texas football

• 3 weeks later...