Chargers release Philip Rivers

RPM

no, but neither did dan marino and he's one of the all time great passing QB's.  Rivers is a lock HOF guy.  

The era these guys played in and going forward is going to have to be viewed differently by the hall of fame voters. It’s an era where passing and rules greatly help the numbers. Numbers can’t be everything with passers from 2000 to now and going forward IMO
  • Like 2

He's not a sure fire HOFer, but I wouldn't be shocked if he gets in.  I mean Eli will, and he isn't close to the QB Rivers was(don't give me shit about 2 SB's, I don't care. He was a passenger on those runs outside of a play here or there)

He's not a sure fire HOFer, but I wouldn't be shocked if he gets in.  I mean Eli will, and he isn't close to the QB Rivers was(don't give me shit about 2 SB's, I don't care. He was a passenger on those runs outside of a play here or there)

Those two SB and the resulting MVP trophies are why Eli will go in. Most likely his first ballot since he’s a Manning.