How to get other regional Fox Sports channels on DirecTV

Assman

I moved from Abilene to Dallas last year.  When in Abilene, I was somehow at the nexus of the universe and was able to get FS Dal, Hou, and SA.  Now that I'm in Dallas, I can only get FS Dal which sucks because no Spurs.  I called DirecTV and the woman in Delhi seemed very confused but offered me the "Sports Package" for 3 months free of charge, which didn't add the channels in question.  So anyone know of a way to get these channels out of your region?  If I have to do NBA League Pass I will, but would rather not have to take out a second mortgage to watch the Spurs struggle to make the 8 spot this year.

11 minutes ago, Assman said:

I moved from Abilene to Dallas last year.  When in Abilene, I was somehow at the nexus of the universe and was able to get FS Dal, Hou, and SA.  Now that I'm in Dallas, I can only get FS Dal which sucks because no Spurs.  I called DirecTV and the woman in Delhi seemed very confused but offered me the "Sports Package" for 3 months free of charge, which didn't add the channels in question.  So anyone know of a way to get these channels out of your region?  If I have to do NBA League Pass I will, but would rather not have to take out a second mortgage to watch the Spurs struggle to make the 8 spot this year.

For the NBA you will need NBA league pass.  In the DFW area you are in the exclusive Dallas market.  You will get all of the regional sports networks with the Sports Package but games will be blacked out during their live telecast.

1 hour ago, TexasGary said:

For the NBA you will need NBA league pass.  In the DFW area you are in the exclusive Dallas market.  You will get all of the regional sports networks with the Sports Package but games will be blacked out during their live telecast.

This is exactly what's happening.  The channel works until game time then bam, channel not available.

3 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

If you decide to go the League Pass route, note that you can also order it through Amazon. I did it this way this year instead of through Dtv as I have in the past and I like the setup and accessibility a little bit better. Nice to have options. (fuck you NFL)

Tell me more.  Do I have to sign into Prime on my TV for it to work or is it still through DTV?

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I think League Pass is offered at a discounted rate now since the season is half-way through, so it shouldn't cost too much. Of course, that won't solve the problem in future years unless you get out of Dallas.

The way the Spurs are playing this year it better be a discounted rate.