2020 Drunk Thread

Hate

I started out the day drinking coffee by the fire on a relatively chilly morning. 

I got tired of that. Figured I should do something different. 

So now, I’m drinking beer by the fire. 

It’s always a good idea to find a mixture of activities to keep your day full. 

Stay tuned later when I mix up a thermos of Old Fashioneds and proceed to drink them...by the fire. 

Just trying to keep my day full here. 

Cheers!

About to grill some pre-seasoned H-E-B fajitas. I think they taste pretty good with minimal prep work, except for the time to slice them up.
Going to do some Kiolbasa sausage while the grill is hot too. Drinking and grilling is a winning combination!

I just threw on the same thing. About to have my first drink as well.

worked my ass off today, getting shit done that my peers are putting off.  Got a lot accomplished, but am sore as hell. Others in organization are wearing the fuck out of our boss.  We( he & I) have had like 3 emails in 2 weeks.  He's always babysitting the motherfuckers.

Found out 3 different( not immediate) family members got laid off/ get to finish out the week and that's it.

Found out oldest is gonna do grad school engineering at Ga Tech.  That might be halfway employable someday with his CompSci degree from West Point.  Kid never stops.  SOOOOOO fucking proud of both kids, but this was put on back burner and I am elated as a dad that this is happening again.  I know it will be GOOD for him and that is extremely rewarding.

Watching Ozark with wife and playing online poker.

Drinking Wasatch Devastator Dopplebock and Pappy Slocum's Stripper Dust, a vanilla porter from Abilene way... buzzing nicely.  

Ready to give it hell tomorrow.  I know I am lucky as fuck to be able to say that. Still gotta go make it happen, though too.  Fuck yeah!!!

Edited by Iceman

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I'm in the garage at the moment. 

last night was just beautiful for sitting outside sipping on a cold one...  LOve this time of year, although typically we sit on the front porch to holler at the neighbors to pick up their dogshit and control their little spawn in the street...  Alas, we sit on the back porch now.  Still getting drunk though.

worked my ass off today, getting shit done that my peers are putting off.  Got a lot accomplished, but am sore as hell. Others in organization are wearing the fuck out of our boss.  We( he & I) have had like 3 emails in 2 weeks.  He's always babysitting the motherfuckers.
Found out 3 different( not immediate) family members got laid off/ get to finish out the week and that's it.
Found out oldest is gonna do grad school engineering at Ga Tech.  That might be halfway employable someday with his CompSci degree from West Point.  Kid never stops.  SOOOOOO fucking proud of both kids, but this was put on back burner and I am elated as a dad that this is happening again.  I know it will be GOOD for him and that is extremely rewarding.
Watching Ozark with wife and playing online poker.
Drinking Wasatch Devastator Dopplebock and Pappy Slocum's Stripper Dust, a vanilla porter from Abilene way... buzzing nicely.  
Ready to give it hell tomorrow.  I know I am lucky as fuck to be able to say that. Still gotta go make it happen, though too.  Fuck yeah!!!

GO JACKETS! To Hell With Georgia!

Also: Miller Lite ages well, right?

8738fa2d84db6de5e24a0d85442cf068.jpg

I’m half in the bag right now.  Did what little work I can do from home early this morning.   Watched the annual aggy roller coaster happen twice during the day on the market, started building another raised vegetable planter, and had about 4 beers and 4 vodka drinks.   Sitting in the garage with the wife and the pup and watching it rain now.   I’m not quitting now, by God.  

• Like 1

I got all the rest of the way in the bag. Gorgeous day so a bunch of neighbors ended up out in the street to chat at a safe distance. I only broke the six foot rule once because a neighbor wanted to see something on my phone.

Got a headache now but it was worth it.

15 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Feeling good about this decision.

probably won’t in the morning.   Things go my way I will be in the laid 2020 in the AM.

feeding the wife white claws.

Been popping some good bottles the last few nights.  It's been working quite well so far. 

• Like 1

It was time at approximately 11AM CT. 

I had to work today. I’ll catch up. I’m currently on the porch drinking, watching it rain, and listening to “rain” songs. Up next? Riders on the Storm.