2020 Drunk Thread

Hate

Where did all the drunks go?  I know Radical Larry is here (he's a fellow SA native so I know he's here).  Incredulity?  Don't pass out after sexy minute or two. Anastasis, stay out of that goddamn cloak room.

3:15pm discovered a rando 750ML bottle of vodka in my liquor cabinet that I didnt know I had

3:15:06pm opened said bottle. poured a small drink for myself

5:15pm bottle looks to be 2/3 full

7:15pm bottle may have 2 shots left

7:16pm bottle is empty. 

switched to beer, because why not.

11:15pm calling it a night.    cant hang like i used to. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

walking-with-head-down-gif-5.gif

This thread will be more fun once I get my son to go bed in a few minutes.  Then I can truly get drunk (I have to navigate stairs and it's not a good idea for an 11 year old to see his Dad really drunk).

Disclaimer: that's probably already happened a few times

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Bullshit. You gotta fight through that bullshit.  I'm about to pour another drink and I hate drinking alone over the internet.

Got my delivery order in for tomorrow. The staples. Bloody mary mix, titos, bourbon, coke, tequila, limes. 

1 minute ago, Hate said:

This thread will be more fun once I get my son to go bed in a few minutes.  Then I can truly get drunk (I have to navigate stairs and it's not a good idea for an 11 year old to see his Dad really drunk).

Disclaimer: that's probably already happened a few times

wait until they catch you on the patio with the one hitter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

3:15pm discovered a rando 750ML bottle of vodka in my liquor cabinet that I didnt know I had

3:15:06pm opened said bottle. poured a small drink for myself

5:15pm bottle looks to be 2/3 full

7:15pm bottle may have 2 shots left

7:16pm bottle is empty. 

switched to beer, because why not.

11:15pm calling it a night.    cant hang like i used to. 

I'm not sure I want to know how you used to hang if you're past your prime and still putting away a fifth and some beers in 8 hours. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is fucking dope - I'm not sure how Dilated Peoples have evaded me up to this point. I'm seeing that The Alchemist produced this track - not sure if you know who Action Bronson is but he has a show called "Fuck That's Delicious" (on Hulu) which is pretty damn entertaining. The Alchemist is a regular member of his posse. 

And @Hate I'm here with you late night. Took an after work nap and got to it about 9:30. 5 brews deep but I ran out of the small amount of snow I had so I might be passing out soon. 

• Like 1

I made a trip to Twin Liquors today to get 3 more big bottles of bourbon, because you never know when things will go south.  I also got the wife about 30 bottles of wine\champagne so we can get through the nest couple of weeks.  I hope everyone is having a great Thursday night.  Ordinarily I would be camping on my annual Easter weekend camping trip out near Rock Springs.  I'd be doing what I am doing now, except with all of my friends that I've known  for 30 years.  So, I'll have another drink with my drunk virtual friends.  Here's to my Surly drinking buddies!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hate said:

I made a trip to Twin Liquors today to get 3 more big bottles of bourbon, because you never know when things will go south.  I also got the wife about 30 bottles of wine\champagne so we can get through the nest couple of weeks.  I hope everyone is having a great Thursday night.  Ordinarily I would be camping on my annual Easter weekend camping trip out near Rock Springs.  I'd be doing what I am doing now, except with all of my friends that I've known  for 30 years.  So, I'll have another drink with my drunk virtual friends.  Here's to my Surly drinking buddies!

$600 of liquor in one trip?

Impressive.

1 hour ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

Sooooo f'n bored with this quarantine. Got a little toasty last night and ended up on the shart thread this morning.
Do it again today? 🤘

If you are posting this at 4PM, you are already about 5 hours behind the curve. 

3 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

from the beer thread and just for you

cXOOX7Jw.jpeg

Finally checking in with my first drink.  I don't know how long its been since I've had a beer, but that one looks good. I would absolutely drink that beer.  I probably drink less than a 6 pack a year these days and have been like that for several years.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Finally checking in with my first drink.  I don't know how long its been since I've had a beer, but that one looks good. I would absolutely drink that beer.  I probably drink less than a 6 pack a year these days and have been like that for several years.

We've been pounding Modelo Especial in honor of Grupo Modelo shutting down beer production.

Edited by rage-a-holic
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Went to toss to pick up pies. They don’t have growlers On site and I am not passing one of mine around the bar. Sorry, not sorry. 

I'm not even going to pretend that I know what this means.