2020 Drunk Thread

Hate

On 4/3/2020 at 11:28 PM, ztejas said:

I'm not sure I want to know how you used to hang if you're past your prime and still putting away a fifth and some beers in 8 hours. 

Most of us have been putting away way more than that the last ten years just during the 3 1/2 hour Longhorn games.  FML

I did my zoom happy hour with my pals but had no wine on hand, in fact I'm out so I shall be joining you in a bit after a quick run to neighborhood store. 

Maybe we can talk about Port A and when we Texans can start going again? I have a baaaad case of beach fever. I don't imagine many restaurants will be open but I would love to rent a place and walk on the beach and grill out at a nice rental with a pool and hot tub. I'll wear a fucking mask everywhere I go but please tell me I can feel the sand under my feet and listen to the waves soon.  

• Like 1

Made a specs liquor run to stock up on Black Velvet reserve, because you know that my Sharona apocalypse may hit any day now. Even got my warm Longhorn gear in case I get locked out with nothing but my liquor.f1e95385e9499d64ab86e397fc773b62.jpg

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

I did my zoom happy hour with my pals but had no wine on hand, in fact I'm out so I shall be joining you in a bit after a quick run to neighborhood store. 

Maybe we can talk about Port A and when we Texans can start going again? I have a baaaad case of beach fever. I don't imagine many restaurants will be open but I would love to rent a place and walk on the beach and grill out at a nice rental with a pool and hot tub. I'll wear a fucking mask everywhere I go but please tell me I can feel the sand under my feet and listen to the waves soon.  

I cannot wait for the first Port A trip of the year.  I have a friend who shares a place in Village Walk.  I suspect that our first trip may be some time in May if things keep trending the way they are trending. 

I'm thinking more in the fall for me... September or October. I love Port A right after the summer season when it gets a little quieter but the weather is still warm.  But I am so desperate, I'd be there in the heat of summer with a fuck ton of mosquitos at night. I'd just deet up and get drunk and it would all be good. Is there a Port A thread somewhere? When you go take some snaps and tell us what the scene is down there. 

I'm pseudo friends with the Potter on Cotter lady and I like to go and visit with her whenever I am in town and buy shit from her. She is a cool lady with a nice little shop. I hope she is still there. She rebuilt after Harvey so I hope this doesn't take her down. 

The best time to be in Port A is October.  The water is still warm, but it's not too hot.  The beaches and restaurants aren't too crowded.  There is only a short line at the ferry.  It's perfect.  A group of 20 or so started a tradition last year to have a Port A trip every Colombus Day.  Hopefully that's at least my 2nd trip down there this year.

It’s a beautiful evening here in SE Texas. I’m having some bourbon while I cook Wagyu burgers for me and the wife and sliders for the kid. It’s draft night tonight too, so I may be a little late to the office tomorrow morning (like everyone else WFH, my office is at the breakfast table).

Also a nice night in this part of SE Texas. Got some Old Bay cream of crab soup ready to go and I'm going to pair it with green rice ;  a cilantro, scallion, secret puree that turns white rice up to 11. Couple of hand mixed Tito's and topo's to get the buzz level moving and now switching to beer to moderate it. Tomorrow is Friday and I ain't got no job and I aint' got shit to do. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm right here!!!!!!!  My friends made plans for a Port A trip for Columbus Day weekend. It sounds like we are going to rent a place on the beach so maybe we won't be so close into town. I don't know but we will have a golf cart either from the house we rent or just straight out rent the cart. I loooove Port A in October. So excited. I started up on the wine to wind down from the long drive back to Austin today. 6 hours on the road sucks but hardly anyone was on the roads today so that was good.  

I was looking at my calendar and I would have gone to the Violent Femmes concert on April 30th.I wish that had  happened. I saw them in 89 or 90 at Liberty Lunch and those 3 dudes blew me away. I hope that I can see their show when the world opens up again. Ticketmaster won't give me back my money so I hope I live to see the damn show. Good luck to me. haha

• Like 1

I'm right here!!!!!!!  My friends made plans for a Port A trip for Columbus Day weekend. It sounds like we are going to rent a place on the beach so maybe we won't be so close into town. I don't know but we will have a golf cart either from the house we rent or just straight out rent the cart. I loooove Port A in October. So excited. I started up on the wine to wind down from the long drive back to Austin today. 6 hours on the road sucks but hardly anyone was on the roads today so that was good.  
I was looking at my calendar and I would have gone to the Violent Femmes concert on April 30th.I wish that had  happened. I saw them in 89 or 90 at Liberty Lunch and those 3 dudes blew me away. I hope that I can see their show when the world opens up again. Ticketmaster won't give me back my money so I hope I live to see the damn show. Good luck to me. haha

My family and 20 other friends of ours will be there too. Can’t wait. It’s absolutely the perfect time to be at the beach.

Yes! My Tuesday HH Zoom pals are making this happen. These chicks love canopy tenting on the beach and having a golf cart service refreshing drinks and ice when needed. Golf cart service is usually me and the sober chick who make the runs. Me because the drunker I get the more charming I become to perhaps get an extra ice bag or small airplane liquor bottles out of a store owner or two. It is a skill dammit! 

I am 1.5 wine bottles in to my Wednesday drunk and tomorrow is my first day back to work after 2 long weeks. it is good to be home after so long gone. 

Edited by burntorangebongos
spelling
  • Like 1

Well, it’s time to start on tomorrow!

I’ve been sitting in the spa drinking whiskey, watching the Grateful Dead 7/2/89, and taking one hits every once in awhile. It’s a good night!

• Like 1

This past week I was working 2 jobs, yes from home but fuck it killed me. Gf got laid off so tried to double up for a week just to help out. She came home with this after a store run... I'm good49510050d7b1bf12848c6b466fdb1e3c.jpg

Edited by Zepol87
  • Like 1