2020 Drunk Thread

Hate

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I've been drunk with you a dozen times.  I ain't being "judgey"...the word your buzzed ass is looking for is "inquisitive"  Never said he was good, bad, or indifferent but somebody says, "Gin & Buttermilk"...you're damn right there's at least gonna be a follow-up question.  You're telling me a drink order of "Silver Tequila and Heavy Cream" ain't gonna at least elicit a few inquiries?

I was just looking at a picture of us getting drunk together /no homo.  I wasn't saying you were being judgey, but without an "inquisitive" font if I were to say " WTF gin and buttermilk??", it would come off as judgey.

Made it to 2pm. Racked out on the couch for an hour. Wife says she wants to look at new couches....I make a roadie of coke and Evan Williams and tell her she has to drive. For the next hour and a half I wander around carefully toting my yeti and sipping away. Picked up WB #1 on the way home. Drink down enough headspace on my coke to top it off with more bourbon. Been going on bourbon and coke since then with the exception of a messican beer about an hour ago. Time to stop. Gotta be up at 6 for work.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give you some clues, but if you see me on Surly enough you will know where I stand on this.

This band has endured death their tentire history and in fact embrace it.They are still somewhat together and in fact still touring if not in their original configuration.

Edited by Hate

4 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

hmmmm, I'd say Grateful Dead but they didn't start dying off before Jerry Garcia, right? 

So old dudes, right? Like from the 70's?

You are correct, but they began dying off earlier than you would imagine. Venture off into the Grateful Dead thread and be introduced to the greatest music that ever was.

• Hook 'Em 1

Do you sometimes feel bad that you weren't born earlier so that you could have been a deadhead and followed them around for a while during the late 70s? Like what if you could have done that for a summer or two like some people got to do.... don't you think that would have been fun as fuck? Probably kinda gross like camping hygiene-wise but it would have been a fun adventure if you were a young 20 something. I wonder if those people that got to experience that are more decent than other olds or if they are pricks too? I'd like to think they would be better peeps.

Can you imagine seeing them at Red Rocks or at Frost back in the day? Shiiiieet.

I would Hot Tub Time Machine myself back to 1968 to Whiskey-a-go-go to see The Doors. Fuuuuuck, that would be awesome. 

8 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Do you sometimes feel bad that you weren't born earlier so that you could have been a deadhead and followed them around for a while during the late 70s? Like what if you could have done that for a summer or two like some people got to do.... don't you think that would have been fun as fuck? Probably kinda gross like camping hygiene-wise but it would have been a fun adventure if you were a young 20 something. I wonder if those people that got to experience that are more decent than other olds or if they are pricks too? I'd like to think they would be better peeps.

Can you imagine seeing them at Red Rocks or at Frost back in the day? Shiiiieet.

I would Hot Tub Time Machine myself back to 1968 to Whiskey-a-go-go to see The Doors. Fuuuuuck, that would be awesome. 

I've often thought I should have been born earlier.  I also look back at the show dates and think about what I may have been doing on those dates instead of going to the show.  If I had been into the GD in high school I would have followed them after graduation.  I didn't get into them until a few years later.  I did get to see them 3 times before Jerry died.  It turns out that another fellow poster was at one of the shows and sat right behind me and my friends.  Small small world on Shaggy/Surly. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Hate said:

You are not the only one my friend!  I just hate always being the one to update this thread.  I like to imagine I belong to a virtual group of drunks. 

We get drunk and forget to update. 

Been going HAM on the bourbon and the homemade eggnog this year. It’s not gonna let up tonight. 

• Like 1

My MIL bought me a 1.75 liter bottle of Woodford Reserve for Christmas.  She asked my if it would last until my birthday when she will buy me another bottle.  My birthday is in late May.  I didn't want to tell her that it most likely wouldn't even make it to the next weekend since I'm off all this week.  Cheers!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1