Sandwiches

tx 3 putt

Ike's is legit. The sandwiches are a bit pricey but they are huge. Wife and I split one last time we were there. The Dutch bread buns they use are perfectly crispy on the outside but soft inside. 

Some of my other favorite sandwiches around town:

Shrimp BLT or Italian Hoagie at Paulie's, with a side of pasta salad.

Gulf Seafood Sandwich at Local Foods.

Seared Ahi Tuna sandwich at Beck's Prime.

Beef Belly banh mi at Les Baget.

• 2 years later...
On 3/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, pearlandhorn said:

Antonini's subs in Webster is the best philly cheesesteak sandwich in the metro area.  It's a gen in a strip mall that looks like a shithole but it's amazing.

All their subs are great

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Maybe my memory sucks but wasn't that place in Rice Village (Kahn's/Khan's) pretty good?

Kahn’s was owned by the son of Alfred Kahn, the founder of  one of Houston’s original delis, Alfred’s.  Alfred’s was also in the Rice Village as well locations on Stella link and in Town and Country. 

On 3/16/2022 at 2:40 PM, Tex48 said:

I haven't been there in a minute but I remember my dad used to always pick up sandwiches from Nielsen's Delicatessen. I used to love their sandwiches. 

I have lived a two minute walk from there for 17 years and have never eaten there.  I need to try it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Holy shit. A hotter Surly take than rooting for Putin. Are you a wafe thin female hipster?! Speaking from personal experience of course. 

I usually agree with your opinion so this only means one thing:  you haven't tried this sandwich.