Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

15 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

It's really a misleading stat.  The first guy of the four was here for decades.  He retired.  He was followed by a horrible hire who lasted less than two years, the temp who was brought in to stabilize things (which he did quite well), and then what appears to the "the guy".

Way more turmoil than one would hope,  but there was only one bad apple in the mix there.

Eh, Dodds was pretty bad at the end and actually wasn't great at the very best of times.

What mistakes did he make at TCU?
When we opened new stadium he implemented a +4 policy which let wealthy people at the top hoard tickets they dont use.

Also he completely botched the hire of our new swimming and diving coach

Minor stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Deloss fucked up his share of things. LHN comes to mind. Pac-12, letting Colorado and Nebraska slip away. Plonsky. Letting Mack not only stay on, but even letting him override the HCIW's OC choice. 

The one thing he did pretty right was the Longhorn Foundation, which largely (but not entirely) eliminated toxic relations with and between BMDs.

He did preside over the joining of the Big XII and the extreme monetization of college sports, but that was more a right place, right time, rising tide lifts all boats thing.

When we opened new stadium he implemented a +4 policy which let wealthy people at the top hoard tickets they dont use.

Also he completely botched the hire of our new swimming and diving coach

Minor stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

When did TCU get a swimming and diving program?

On 4/11/2018 at 8:26 PM, TwiceHorn said:

The one thing he did pretty right was the Longhorn Foundation, which largely (but not entirely) eliminated toxic relations with and between BMDs.

He did preside over the joining of the Big XII and the extreme monetization of college sports, but that was more a right place, right time, rising tide lifts all boats thing.

Like a lot of things, the LHN just fell into Dodds' lap.  ESPN basically volunteered to cover a lot of non-revenue sports and pay us a tidy sum in the process.  Hard to refuse.

Interesting:

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article208202629.html

* According to several sources, staffers at TCU's rec center, the Rickel, complained to TCU athletic department officials of Busch verbally berating them about practice times at the pool, among other concerns.

* Busch was often said to be seen at local bars drinking and fraternizing with students.

* One swimmer said Busch physically confronted an assistant coach.

* On road trips, Busch was known to leave the team hotel after hours while leaving the responsibilities of the team to his assistants.

One TCU athletic department official said there was no instance of sexual misconduct; another department official said that issue is why the matter is currently under investigation by Title IX.

TCU director of athletics Jeremiah Donati would not comment for this column. Busch could not be reached for comment; TCU swimmers and administrators said they have not seen or heard from him since he left.

On Feb. 3, Busch was placed on administrative leave pending a review by the athletic department. That was approximately two weeks before the start of the Big 12 championship meet.

On Feb. 17 — four days before the start of the Big 12 meet — Busch "resigned." He was going to be fired.

TCU athletic department officials met with the student athletes and told them that Busch had resigned, less than six months after he was hired. They said the team would be coached by assistants the remainder of the season but that it was now a Title IX matter.

Per Title IX rules and restrictions, once that office takes over, the athletic department is eliminated from the process.

---

When Sybesma retired, then-TCU director of athletics Chris Del Conte found Busch, whose father, Frank, was a six-time NCAA Coach of the Year at the University of Arizona. Frank Busch also led Team USA to 64 medals in the 2012 and 2016 Summer Olympics.

Even though Sam Busch did not swim in college, Del Conte thought he had a young, energetic, bloodline lock to lead a nonrevenue program and, more specifically, not be a problem. Sam Busch's resume in swimming included coaching stops on the high school level as well as Auburn, Virginia and Arizona.

5 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I can’t understand how Mack remains a figure around our program after what he did. I used to love the man and I’d be fine if he never stepped foot on campus again. In fact I’d prefer it.

I pretty much agree.  Not really a hater or supporter,  but think he doesn't serve any purpose being around the team.

If they want to use hime to BS the BMD's,  OK.  Otherwise stay away. 

On 4/10/2018 at 2:49 PM, Rynosauri said:

I'd be worried that if mack steps outside of his boundaries (more than likely imo) and CDC has to put his foot down, mack will resort to his petulant behavior and cause more problems for the program.

Someone will wind up breaking their foot off in his petulant ass.

CDC was plenty busy on the twitters today.

patrick flinn

@_delconte  hey sir... great crowd for ORANGE and WHITE Spring Game...we need Port-o-potty’s!!!

CDC:

🤔... plenty of restrooms in DKR but will debrief after the spring game and see what improvement we will make for next year... will add to the list! Thanks for coming out 👊🏽

Wes Crochet

@_delconte two suggestions re: fireworks. Turnoff/down stadium lights so you don’t see as much smoke. Start fireworks sooner after scrimmage ends.

CDC:

Thanks for the suggestion

Wes Crochet:

@_delconte maybe this has been discussed already - would it be feasible to do a concert inside DKR directly after the spring game? Something like they do at the rodeos. Could entice more fans to come/stay entire scrimmage.

CDC:

🤔

David Wheeler

@_delconte Can we work on getting better wireless reception at DKR before the season starts? Would make it easier to be interactive at the games! 🏈🤘

CDC:

Not sure we can pull off before next season but is under review

Cliff Wallace

@_delconte At the Spring game. Why do they have to blare loud music thru the speakers at DKR instead of letting the band do their thing at the end of 1st qtr?  Not enjoyable.  Please fix that.

CDC:

I hear ya .. we tried a variety of new options this game and will bring up your suggestions at our wrap up meeting this week.. thanks for coming out tonight 🤘🏽👏🏽

On 4/19/2018 at 9:38 AM, Caddox said:

I can’t understand how Mack remains a figure around our program after what he did. I used to love the man and I’d be fine if he never stepped foot on campus again. In fact I’d prefer it.

Fuck that. We’d kill for that kind of performance. Sure he had a poor last four years, but go back one more and he was playing for it all. He had use at the last Everest base camp before reaching the peak for a decade. 

Mack can come and go as he pleases and I’m sure as shit glad he was the coach during my time at UT. Fuck that whole National title thing. Our internet fans know bestest

21 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Hello Beautiful

I really hate when different sections of stadiums start at different levels or use different seating angles, creating those ugly walls on either side of the new SEZ as shown in the pic.  The Shoe has this same thing, among other stadiums, and it looks ugly af.  Why can't they just continue the lower bowl all the way around continuously? 

• Like 1

Just now, Assman said:

I really hate when different sections of stadiums start at different levels or use different seating angles, creating those ugly walls on either side of the new SEZ as shown in the pic.  The Shoe has this same thing, among other stadiums, and it looks ugly af.  Why can't they just continue the lower bowl all the way around continuously? 

In this case, it makes the seats better for viewing.

2 hours ago, Assman said:

It's the space. Can't go as high because of Capital View and scoreboard. Also starts higher because the 1st floor of the stands are part of the athletic complex.