Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

10 hours ago, TriStone said:

I have never in my life seen an opposing fanbase so upset after WINNING the goddamn game. 

After Okie State beat Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl a few years back, I went to the airport to fly home to Dallas, knowing the flight would be full of happy, victorious OSU fans giving me and my stanford shirt a good natured hard time.

But they were all surly, and pissed as hell about how the Stanford Band had insulted them in the pre-game show.  

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/i-want-to-fight-the-entire-stanford-band.137120/page-5

Totally different, yeah, but people can't win gracefully.  I blame it primarily on the SEC SEC bullshit. 

Would have worked out much better if their surliness was due to their losing.

40 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Who’d have guessed the Germans would come up with an efficient, emotionless system. 

Now that I think about it, it would be even faster if instead of issuing cards, they just issue you a subcutaneous rfid chip and then tattoo the number on your forearm for the clerk to verify what he read. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Why is it our responsibility to make sure the visiting band is highly visible and well heard? It’s OUR fucking stadium. 

Well it is highly visible and heard by their fans because it is in their section. Isn't that who the visiting band is for?

Edited by Valmy77

12 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Is that where we normally put the visiting band? Any evidence we were being petty to LSU in some way? What did we even have to be petty about?

We don't "put" anyone's band anywhere.  We designate the number of seats in the stadium that we are required to allot to the visiting team, and THE FUCKING VISITING TEAM DECIDES WHERE TO PUT THEIR FUCKING BAND (if they bring one at all).

17 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

WFAA just showed phone video of kids getting trampled, then proceeded to bitch about the LSU band having to be in the upper deck!  They couldn't even be a factor!  What goes around comes around!

Yes, seriously, Cynthia Izzaguirre (North Texas) and Chris Lawrence (Maryland) just proceeded to shit all over us for 60 seconds in the middle of a 6pm newscast.

This is what we are up against.

Do that to aggy and the WFAA switchboard would burn.

I saw that shit too. Just goes to show you what a sad state the media is in right now. They don't give a fuck about UT students trampling each other but oh my god LSU's band had to sit in the upper deck. Where was this outrage when Tech put our band in the corner? No one coming to our defense....bunch of assholes.

I went to ASU in the early 00s and they put the bands waaay they fuck up there in section 230 of sun devil stadium. first i'd ever seen of that practice. i just checked their website and they still put the visiting bands in the same section. And that's tepid ol ASU.  jesus, the sec is full of pussies. 

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

For decades, we were known as a very friendly environment for visitors and were mocked for it.

Now, we are finally starting to flex our muscle and maximize our home field advantage and we are getting mocked for it.

I know which side I'd rather be on.  Keep it up, CDC.

This x1000. I was thinking the same thing this morning. 

Our reputation was one of a late arriving crowd that sat on it's hands, then all the blue hairs left at halftime. And that was only for the big games. 

We are now a tough place to play. I don't buy the stupid AC bullshit at all, that is not something we do. We should however embrace our new reputation. Treat those that visit well outside of the stadium, and make their ears hurt inside it. 

We should bring our own mobile locker room to the shithole in Death Valley. Four 18 wheeler trailers hooked together and decked out with lockers on the inside? Chump change. If they had the bitchassedness to lie about our visiting rooms you know their visiting locker rooms are going to be infected as fuck. 

4 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Didn’t know that.  What the shit.

It’s their Geaux Tigers chant they do along with the band playing. We started doing it too about 3-4 years ago and I instantly recognized it. I think Gata might have one very similar too. I thought I saw somewhere our current band director is an LSU alum, so maybe he decided to bring it over. We did it Saturday night and LSU fans around me were commenting on that being their cheer. 

21 hours ago, Armybrat said:

The LHB director is an LSU alum? WTF?

Hanna will be the 12th director to serve the Longhorn Band. Prior to joining the Butler School of Music faculty, Hanna completed his master’s degree in music and human learning and a doctorate in wind conducting at UT Austin. He received his undergraduate degrees in music education and instrumental music performance from Louisiana State University.

4 hours ago, coolsax said:

just for perspective's sake, Okie State's Band director is a UT alum.

Band directors come from all over the place.  Dr. Hannah has been at UT for many years and was a GA when I was in the Longhorn Band back in the late 90s.

Username checks out