Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

the amount of people with their panties twisted about the construction is astounding.  WTF do they care about this?  It looks like progress and if your delicate sensibilities cannot bear the thought of exposed dirt showing up on TV then you have no business rooting for the 'horns in the first place.  GTFO with this nonsense.  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, coolsax said:

just for perspective's sake, Okie State's Band director is a UT alum.

Band directors come from all over the place.  Dr. Hannah has been at UT for many years and was a GA when I was in the Longhorn Band back in the late 90s.

Surely people don't believe 100% of UT faculty are UT alumni. 

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Of course, but most faculty and staff positions don't require a good understanding of Texas tradition and spirit to do their job effectively.

He was associate director for 16 years prior, and did graduate work here as a student, so he’s been here for 20+ years at this point. Surely that’s long enough to have that understanding.

His predecessor wasn’t an undergrad here either, for what it’s worth. (Neither was Vincent DiNino, for that matter.) This seems like a silly complaint.

6 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

He was associate director for 16 years prior, and did graduate work here as a student, so he’s been here for 20+ years at this point. Surely that’s long enough to have that understanding.

His predecessor wasn’t an undergrad here either, for what it’s worth. (Neither was Vincent DiNino, for that matter.) This seems like a silly complaint.

My point was more arguing against the philosphy of Eggo's argument, but point taken.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

My point was more arguing against the philosphy of Eggo's argument, but point taken.

Well I quoted you, but it wasn’t solely directed at you. There seemed to be a general shock that he’s an LSU alum.

I’m not disputing any specific complaints about the job he’s doing, I just don’t think where he went to school has anything to do with it.

2 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Well I quoted you, but it wasn’t solely directed at you. There seemed to be a general shock that he’s an LSU alum.

I’m not disputing any specific complaints about the job he’s doing, I just don’t think where he went to school has anything to do with it.

I work with LSU alums and they some of the dumbest and most obnoxious people I've ever met. They lack very basic critical thinking and problem solving skills. If I didn't know where they went to "school", I would be shocked that they graduated from college. 

JK, I don't know any LSU graduates. 

43 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Well, after all that time at UT he should know the proper tempo for the LHB to play The Eyes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

Well then he didn’t pay attention in those 20+ years because he fucking sucks

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

My argument being that you can be effective as an employee at UT despite your alma mater? You argue back that the LHB requires more knowledge of the tradition at UT than anyone else? 

How about the coaches? The winningest coach in Texas history wasn't an alum. Neither was the second winningest coach. AD? Neither was DeLoss Dodds or Chris Del Conte. 

I would argue that if you come to Texas with a respect for the traditions and a desire to uphold them, it doesn't matter where you went to school. Hell, I went to a tiny liberal arts college in the midwest, but I bleed [burnt] orange now. So I'd say your point sucks. 

nothing looks good in that situation, just have to live with the temporary eyesore I just feel bad for the construction workers, I'm sure there's no AC on the jobsite and we probably don't supply towels either

No AC on the construction site?

Towels?

Jesus fucking shit dicks ya fucking moron. THEY ARE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS. WE ARE PAYING EM GOOD MONEY TO CONSTRUCT. Not sit around in the AC and fap into towels to pics of Revile all day like you do.

50bcbc932d34cdf6d14430885f16a65a.jpg3fd561f6594eadbbcb53d05b79fff110.jpg

Yo swanny, that you on the bottom?

74e2e7380485a80e51e65bf731347f60.gifoh Revile! Ooh ooh ooh!

72f95ac63b363527735b3d3abc4d1971.gifYou and your brothers?

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Who the fuck is this?

In 2006, Rice University upgraded the facility by switching from AstroTurf to FieldTurf and adding a modern scoreboard above the north concourse.[6]Seating in the upper deck is in poor condition, which led the university to move home games for which large crowds were expected to nearby NRG Stadium.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_Stadium_(Rice_University)

So Rice Stadium only seats 50,000 which is why we play at NRG, not because of suites though I’m sure that added revenue makes it even more attractive.

Also in case you’re not aware, Rice needs these big attendance games to boost their 5 year attendance average over the minimum FBS requirement of 15,000/yr since they normally only average ~13k.

• Like 2

Just now, TKthunder2 said:

In 2006, Rice University upgraded the facility by switching from AstroTurf to FieldTurf and adding a modern scoreboard above the north concourse.[6]Seating in the upper deck is in poor condition, which led the university to move home games for which large crowds were expected to nearby NRG Stadium.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_Stadium_(Rice_University)

So Rice Stadium only seats 50,000 which is why we play at NRG, not because of suites though I’m sure that added revenue makes it even more attractive.

Also in case you’re not aware, Rice needs these big attendance games to boost their 5 year attendance average over the minimum FBS requirement of 15,000/yr since they normally only average ~13k.

Don't tell me, tell the dude who wrote to CDC on twitter!

I know exactly why we are playing at NRG. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Definitely need tampon dispensers in the visitor's locker room.

And Midol.

On 9/14/2019 at 11:49 AM, Pancho said:

Who the fuck is this?

Does Rice stadium still have the wooden benches?  And the last time I attended a UT game there, their concession stands were woefully unprepared for the crowd