Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

4 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Not too many guys’ first and last name are/were the names of Air Force Bases.

I pictured you saying this like Rafi in the League, "Do you know my friend Mike?  Mike Ochocinco.  Maybe you're related, it's just so often that you meet a guy with the exact same Spanish numerals as a last name."  

Cool, I always wondered what it would look like to draw 40,000 for a home game
No shit. Averaging 5 losses a year for 5 years gets you fired at any big state U or CDC can gtfo too. Why he's spending hundreds of millions on monuments for a generation that isn't passionate about sports I have no idea.
  • Like 1

Not sure what the time duration of an official collegiate visit is in any sport, but del Conte and our coaches should get a dock in pay if they can't figure out a way to show off the Jimmy Fallon set to recruits.  I know he's not as hip as Colbert, but the entire set of Jimmy Fallon is a giant LED Longhorn.  That's the whole fucking set (there's a skyline behind his desk), but instead of a big curtain---it's a giant Longhorn behind the main stage and the band.  Plus, the Roots drum kit is a custom Burnt Orange kit just for this taping.  Last I checked, the Roots were cool with recruits.  

Walk a kid out from the new South End Zone site, to the new Hall of Fame, across the street to the Tonight Show set, to the grassy knoll area by LBJ tailgate tents...that alone should be able to secure an LOI.  

9 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Texas Football records, with average home attendance:

2014. 6-7 record. 8th in average attendance. 6 home games. 564,618 total. 94,103 average per game

2015. 5-7 record. 10th in average attendance. 6 home games. 540,210 total. 90,035 average per game

2016. 5-7 record. 8th in average attendance. 6 home games. 587,283 total. 97,881average per game.

2017. 7-6 record. 8th in average attendance. 6 home games. 556,667 total. 92,778 average per game.

http://www.ncaa.org/championships/statistics/ncaa-football-attendance

And you think three seasons of 8-5 will somehow drop UT football down to the level of East Carolina or San Diego State.

Whatever helps you sleep at night....

10 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You are so tendentiously stupid about anything other than A&M. 

Showing that the single worst stretch of football in the history of the UT program resulted in a drop in total some attendance for the season of 6,000 when you claimed three seasons of 8-5 would cause a decline of over 50,000 per game (300,000 in total attendance) makes me "stupid" in your opinion.

Let me guess, your calculation of three seasons of 8-5 leading to a total drop of over 300,000 in home attendance is "demonstrative of sheer genius."

CDC is looking at the cold, hard facts. Stability in the football program is of far greater importance than the AD micromanaging the football program to alter the average return yards per punt return. Season home attendance will not drop 300,000 if the 4th down percentage doesn't improve. Sorry.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Not sure what the time duration of an official collegiate visit is in any sport, but del Conte and our coaches should get a dock in pay if they can't figure out a way to show off the Jimmy Fallon set to recruits.  I know he's not as hip as Colbert, but the entire set of Jimmy Fallon is a giant LED Longhorn.  That's the whole fucking set (there's a skyline behind his desk), but instead of a big curtain---it's a giant Longhorn behind the main stage and the band.  Plus, the Roots drum kit is a custom Burnt Orange kit just for this taping.  Last I checked, the Roots were cool with recruits.  

Walk a kid out from the new South End Zone site, to the new Hall of Fame, across the street to the Tonight Show set, to the grassy knoll area by LBJ tailgate tents...that alone should be able to secure an LOI.  

I can't think of one 18 year old that gives a fuck about Jimmy Fallon.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
58 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

No shit. Averaging 5 losses a year for 5 years gets you fired at any big state U or CDC can gtfo too. Why he's spending hundreds of millions on monuments for a generation that isn't passionate about sports I have no idea.

it should.  and I think it will.  8-5 means we are going 5-4 or 6-3 in conf every year.  that means losing to 2 or 3 teams not named OU.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Showing that the single worst stretch of football in the history of the UT program resulted in a drop in total some attendance for the season of 6,000 when you claimed three seasons of 8-5 would cause a decline of over 50,000 per game (300,000 in total attendance) makes me "stupid" in your opinion.

Let me guess, your calculation of three seasons of 8-5 leading to a total drop of over 300,000 in home attendance is "demonstrative of sheer genius."

CDC is looking at the cold, hard facts. Stability in the football program is of far greater importance than the AD micromanaging the football program to alter the average return yards per punt return. Season home attendance will not drop 300,000 if the 4th down percentage doesn't improve. Sorry.

Quick fucking writing essays like you are a god damn CDC historian that knows exactly how he operates.   Nobody gives a shit about your speculation.  Stick to aggy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Quick fucking writing essays like you are a god damn CDC historian that knows exactly how he operates.   Nobody gives a shit about your speculation.  Stick to aggy.

Lol.

That CDC isn't going to micromanage UT football isn't speculation. It is the cold, hard reality that have some in this thread apoplectic.

Ain't no speculation, friend. it's reality. Deal with it.

• Like 1

Lol.
That CDC isn't going to micromanage UT football isn't speculation. It is the cold, hard reality that have some in this thread apoplectic.
Ain't no speculation, friend. it's reality. Deal with it.
Firing people isn't micromanaging. It's half his fucking job description.

9 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Someone tell me this isn't real. 

I wish I could. What happened to the campus master plan from 15-20 years ago that stated that all new buildings would have some semblance of Spanish Renaissance architectural design?

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1

Lol at Randolph Duke citing the official attendance as support for evidence. Very Aggy. The guy said 40k people showing up, not the number of tickets (mostly season) sold prior to the game. I can't count the # of "sellouts" I've been to at Memorial Stadium where the stadium was maybe 2/3 full. 

aTm sells out every single game, including Texas State this season, while the tickets were going for $5 on stubhub and the stadium was half full. Texas is at it's highest point of season ticket renewal since Mack's glory days, and it will be for the foreseeable future. But I guess he thinks CDC is an idiot and shitty attendance but full coffers will be a sign of Athletic Department health. 

I dont know why anyone listens to him, particularly about the athletic department. The guy claims to have had weekly meetings at the UT Athletic Dept., claims to know CDC, and was completely clueless that the Hall of Fame wasn't in the SEZ project, was in fact already complete, and was completely oblivious to what the Athletic Department was focusing on during his weekly "meetings." And when he got called on his bullshit, he blamed "his sources" being incorrect. I'm sorry, why does a guy THAT plugged into the UT Athletic Department and meeting regularly in their offices need sources? And apparently never had a passing conversation about the 17 million dollar Hall of Fame being build that every rank and file fan on this website knew about just by following the program?

He's either Mr. Magoo with a fucking library card and a hard on for aTm microfiche, a blatant liar, or both. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skipper said:

He would be a perfect fucking aggy.  That's the greatest irony.

3 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I had the same thought.

Not sure you guys should be so definitive. After all, someone could make a defensible argument that Aggy is a state of mind. Or a damaged mind. Whatever, you see where I'm going with this idea. 

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

And I’m not sure what planet this guy was from.

30tmag-cathedral-slide-4HZZ-superJumbo.j

Three abominations - all from different decades - in one photo. Furk. 

I like Austin. And brutalism can be really cool but keeping the concrete clean is critical - it should almost be white. As soon as it gets stained it loses the sharpness that makes it attractive. 

16 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not sure you guys should be so definitive. After all, someone could make a defensible argument that Aggy is a state of mind. Or a damaged mind. Whatever, you see where I'm going with this idea. 

Aggy is a state mind. Aggy is an obsession. Above all, Aggy is a shithole in every sense of the word.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

I like Austin. And brutalism can be really cool but keeping the concrete clean is critical - it should almost be white. As soon as it gets stained it loses the sharpness that makes it attractive. 

Disagree. The PCL is developing a lovely ombre crust.