Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

14 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Only time I’m ever scared of all black is when I’m walking down an alley alone

but even then your mom's interest was piqued.  And she handled it all...all to well.  

What were we talking about? 

2 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Any recruit who goes somewhere for the uniforms isn't a recruit I mind losing. 

I used to think that way. Then, we had this abortion of a decade. 

We've one title in the past half century. Might be time for substantial changes. 

18 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

We've one title in the past half century. Might be time for substantial changes. 

Yeah it's really hurt Bama, Ohio State (they do have alternates sometimes, but they're pretty subtle and they only use them in minor games), Auburn, LSU (they just have a pretty conservative alt each year that just moves around the colors on their template) and Penn State (considering how badly they shot themselves in the dick, they've bounced back in a hurry).

Meanwhile Nebraska goes crazy with alternates and look how well they've played in the last 20 years. It just looks desperate and sad and helps hurry along their ejection from the bluebloods club.

Edited by texifornia

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah it's really hurt Bama, Ohio State (they do have alternates sometimes, but they're pretty subtle and they only use them in minor games), Auburn, LSU (they just have a pretty conservative alt each year that just moves around the colors on their template) and Penn State (considering how badly they shot themselves in the dick, they've bounced back in a hurry).

Meanwhile Nebraska goes crazy with alternates and look how well they've played in the last 20 years. It just looks desperate and sad and helps hurry along their ejection from the bluebloods club.

I'm not big on Texas changing the uniforms, but I think you're wrong about Ohio State at least.  Without doing a ton of research, these alternates seem pretty out there in comparison to what Texas would likely do.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ohio-state-football-alternate-uniforms-ranked-from-best-worst/RdDxd2f9EhmfpHuv4fasjM/

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

I'm not big on Texas changing the uniforms, but I think you're wrong about Ohio State at least.  Without doing a ton of research, these alternates seem pretty out there in comparison to what Texas would likely do.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ohio-state-football-alternate-uniforms-ranked-from-best-worst/RdDxd2f9EhmfpHuv4fasjM/

Oh wow, you're right. I remembered the vintage-inspired ones, but must have erased those grey abortions from my brain.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Yeah it's really hurt Bama, Ohio State (they do have alternates sometimes, but they're pretty subtle and they only use them in minor games) 

I remember watching Ohio State not all that long ago in all black against Penn State.

The thing with throwbacks/alts from most other schools vs us is we have a completely unique color.  we are by definition alt already.

note: I would be OK with a very very close to an original old jersey and helmet once a year.  I believe we once had the stripe on the helmet.

bigger note:  Fuck doing ANYTHING in black.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

We lose zero recruits due to jersey type.  We lose because we stopped putting people in the NFL.  The abortion of the decade is strictly based on Mack retiring on the job and fucking everything up on the way out and Steve Patterson's hiring decisions.  The substantial changes started with CDC.  Now it is his job to continue them.

• Like 4

These guys talking about black on the uniforms are so fucking stupid.  That would look terrible.

Anyone with a lick of sense knows we need to add Gray to our uniforms instead.  Gray pants with burnt orange stripes, and our home jerseys with gray accents would be off the muthafuckin chain!  Throw in a matte gray helmet with a burnt orange longhorn and you may very well have the greatest unis to ever grace a football field!

Make it so CDC!  Add Gray as one of the official school colors, and let us finally enter the 21st century of uniform fashion design!

jack nicholson yes GIF

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Somnio said:

These guys talking about black on the uniforms are so fucking stupid.  That would look terrible.

Anyone with a lick of sense knows we need to add Gray to our uniforms instead.  Gray pants with burnt orange stripes, and our home jerseys with gray accents would be off the muthafuckin chain!  Throw in a matte gray helmet with a burnt orange longhorn and you may very well have the greatest unis to ever grace a football field!

Make it so CDC!  Add Gray as one of the official school colors, and let us finally enter the 21st century of uniform fashion design!

jack nicholson yes GIF

Yes!!!!  The only thing I would change to that is having an oversized longhorn diagonally placed on one side and covering most of the helmet and a giant outline of Texas with a star placed for Austin on the other side.  Kick ass!

[sarcasm]

Edit: I can't delete the Twitter part on my phone, I just realized I don't get on Twitter much and this is a 2 day old tweet posted here. Anyway. Faith restored in CDC

Durrrr it's the current year wear black hurrr durrr

Edited by Zavala

2 hours ago, 89Horn said:

Yes!!!!  The only thing I would change to that is having an oversized longhorn diagonally placed on one side and covering most of the helmet and a giant outline of Texas with a star placed for Austin on the other side.  Kick ass!

[sarcasm]

And make it part of the Seal of the University!

13 hours ago, Somnio said:

jack nicholson yes GIF

Come on guys, this was supposed to be funny.  I thought the bolded portion would give it away.

chappelle show lol GIF

Edited by Somnio

More storm troopers. Also once or twice a year, no nameplates. Just numbers.

I’ve thought we should do no names on the back, no Texas on the front at home, with the point being the fans in DKR know who they are watching.

Then storm troopers on the road with Texas on the front and last names on the back so the opposing fans can be informed who is (hopefully) beating them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 10:15 AM, MAUFRAIS said:

this

I’ve thought we should do no names on the back, no Texas on the front at home, with the point being the fans in DKR know who they are watching.

Then storm troopers on the road with Texas on the front and last names on the back so the opposing fans can be informed who is (hopefully) beating them.

Wow, it looked as if there was as many as dozens of people there to listen to his web of bullshit.  I'm sure next year your platinum donation will include reserved seating to his "State of the Department" speech that nobody gave a shit about to sit within 20 rows to begin with anyway.  

Well, given that Del Conte actually called me the last time I sent him an email in jest, offering advice on how to handle the coaching staff situation at Texas, I thought I'd give it another try and see if he'll reach back out.

Chris:

Would you take a minute next time and give me a call before running with a Biblical (or otherwise) metaphor for UT?
I'm just spitballin' but I think the way to go would be, say, a figure whose story ended triumphantly, as opposed to getting knocked out and then decapitated by the very hero of the story you just insisted your school can't identify with or embody.

DeLoss brought some unnecessary scorn upon himself and UT with his "We are the Joneses" boast, especially preceding, as it did, a 10-years long-and-running collapse of the empire.  He should have said, "We are the Romans."

Now you've attempted to emulate DeLoss by identifying with a mythical figure whose hubris was part and parcel of his downfall.

Like I said, call me.
We Aggies are always here for ya.  Always.

By the way, that Jack Daniels in your office couldn't have been bottled before 1987.  Somebody sold you a bill of goods.

I honestly do like you a great deal, so hang in there.

XXXX XXXXXX
TAMU '93
Gig 'Em
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Someone remind me why he’s a great AD and we’re lucky to have him. Please 

All of his coaching hires so far have been good? And he's immediately pushed through a whole mess of necessary building projects? And he ejected Plonsky?

The only unequivocally bad things he's done are a pair of extensions that angry alums should be able to checkbook-wave away.

Oh, and the weird student section seating issues.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Outside of football he's been pretty darn good and as far as football goes, his hands were somewhat tied to take Herman

There's still that mess of a game day environment that is under his watch.  Not talking about outside the stadium as Del Conte gets all due credit for taking that to a nice level.   But at the end of the day he's also responsible for what goes on in-game.   And it's an unbridled embarrassment. 

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

There's still that mess of a game day environment that is under his watch.  Not talking about outside the stadium as Del Conte gets all due credit for taking that to a nice level.   But at the end of the day he's also responsible for what goes on in-game.   And it's an unbridled embarrassment. 

You mean the student section issues? That's definitely annoying but on the flipside he's cut waaay back on all the Patterson era sponsored dipshittery.