Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

20 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

But I also wouldn't expect a full blown defense of Herman either and he went way into saying Herman inherited Charlie's shit and we need to have perspective and went overboard about herman letting his bros go and this is his first season with a new staff? You expect THAT much? I don't expect him to be all surly but I do expect maybe a "Tom knows he has a opportunity to right the ship and that's our plan and at The University of Texas the bar is high and this is a prestigious job and we all are approaching it that way every day". 

Nah fuck that. I'm cool with the AD not adding coals to the hot seat fire and allowing Chip "shit stain" Brown (fuck him) to stir up shit in the program. Anything less than a full blown defense allows that.

It would be cool if just one coach in the future just says "next question" in the middle of Chip's classic storytelling bullshit adventure "questions". Get a fucking clue and move to Waco or something dumbfuck

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

Any hint of a hot seat from the AD in public is bad for the program. Especially ahead of a season where, if it goes well, things could be totally fine. No reason to torpedo recruiting.

Yep.    Right now CDC's full attention should be on firing Smart the day after the last game in a couple of weeks.  

I bet some 1A or 2A girls playoff basketball games up in the Panhandle  outdrew the attendance last night.

20 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So I got a little worried after listening to CDC on the podcast with fuck chip brown as he said he wouldn't be fair to have herman on the hot seat even if he has a "meh" season this year? Now they never said a win total as the floor as I assume if herman shit the bed and won 6 games he's gone but what got me worried was CDC didn't just brush off the question he went in full detail of what herman inherited and it's only year 4 and how hard it was for him to let go of his lifelong buddies(cue up the timey violin). Like I had a completely different view of CDC and maybe he can turn into a hard ass behind closed doors but if Texas win 8 games next year i'd want to see us go Hire a Urban Meyer and i'm afraid CDC would keep herman another year.

Anyone else listen to his interview?

It's damn near impossible to take anything said by somebody who advocates hiring Urban Meyer seriously.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:53 AM, LTtxfan said:

I listened and here's link if folks want to hear...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/flagship-university-texas-ad-chris-del-conte-joins/id1279981104?i=1000465486664 

Assuming the team chemistry improves and program stays clean, Mensa probably returns for 2021 season with an 8-4 regular season record or better...

Then CDC will be 2 years too late in firing him.

2 hours ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Or go public with their bigotry, but apparently Brent gonna be Brent. 

Well, you just know whatever's coming on their twatter is going to be complete shit.

Even the most vocal, but sane, political twitters don't announce "BERNIE BRO!" or "Proud Liberal."

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

we're not number 1 ourselves! that's for schools like Baylor and Stanford. but we can play the cockroach to them

Username is appropriate. Just proves that Texas consistently has the talent to be a top team and beat top teams but flails around with useless coaches and dead weight in the athletic department. It’s ridiculous and there’s no reason why Texas shouldn’t be doing better. CDC has done well so far with track and softball, I guess we’ll have to wait around for the rest - starting with basketball after this season. 

ACWPIJu6_bigger.jpg    Chris Del Conte.  @_delconte
Thanks for having me on the show y’all ... have a great weekend
Quote Tweet
sTQfynsf_normal.jpg   The Horn     @TheHornATX
2h
ICYMI: @ErinHogan and @montewilliams got to chat with University Texas AD @_delconte this morning about the state of athletics on the Forty Acres. 
1:06 PM · Feb 28, 2020

Link to listen to CDC interview....

https://m.soundcloud.com/hornfm/bucky-and-erin-with-chris-del-conte-texas-ad-february-28th-2020

34 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I don't think he was.  His Twitter feed was all baseball and softball.  Prob a good thing for him.

He hasn't been twitting a lot about the basketball games this year. Every time he did tweet, fans were begging him to fire Shaka. Maybe that's why he doesn't any more or he is ready to pull the plug on the Shaka experiment.

• Like 1

Oil prices are crashing this morning with fight between Russis and Saudi Arabia... Prices may fall into the $20's... Geesh!!

CDC is probably not going to have as much new money for the next few years, so really hope Herman gets his SHIT together this year.

Unless Beilein is lined up, CDC may have to stick with Shakablah for another season... DAMN

Edited by LTtxfan