Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Seems like 9 conference games plus one non-conference game makes most sense.  Have an extra off week and spread games out to allow more schedule flexibility...

So who do you prefer playing to work the kinks out early in September..South FL or UTEP?

17 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Or, put another way:

Reporting that 0.00829% of all UT students, faculty and staff have reported that they are COVID-19 positive, UT-Austin reported more cases than any other institution in the nation that reported cases.

Part of issue here as well is how far back are they going for this data? UT got hit with a big Spring Break jump when I believe it was 50 idiots chartered a plane and all caught CV19 together. I would imagine (at least it was never reported that any of them died etc) that all have recovered. So there are some big chunky outliers to this that could be skewing these numbers.

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

So who do you prefer playing to work the kinks out early in September..South FL or UTEP?

Whoever has better Covid-19 protection resources.  Game needs to be at least 2 weeks before the first B12 conference game though...

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Whoever has better Covid-19 protection resources.  Game needs to be at least 2 weeks before the first B12 conference game though...

If they keep the bulls on labor day weekend, it would give them 3 full weeks before playing at KSU.  Personally I'd rather them move up the season a week and play South Florida.  Then play second week of September vs UTEP. Feel like two games under the belt should have the team in sink before boarding a plane to Manhattan.

I'm genuinely surprised it's not UCF.  It's a bigger school in a bigger hotspot (%-wise) with lots and lots and lots of stupid "Covid is a Hoax" types.  

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm genuinely surprised it's not UCF.  It's a bigger school in a bigger hotspot (%-wise) with lots and lots and lots of stupid "Covid is a Hoax" types.  

Not trying to derail but UT has some excellent COVID resources. If you get tested + at Dell Med, they call and test everyone you’ve been with in the last week. On top of that, roughly half of students are still living/partying in west campus, so the high case number isn’t a shocker.

Enjoy... Thx to @Lobwedgephil

Liucci

-In semi-related news, the Aggies and Longhorns are not meeting on the field, no matter how hard Chris Del Conte and Tom Herman whine about to the media. However, the rivalry is alive and well behind the scenes, as wanna-be mountain man 'CDC' is going to have to walk back his previous claims of 50% capacity at DKR. You see, it's sounding more and more like 25% is going to be the reality in Travis County. Meanwhile, A&M has maintained they'd shoot for 50% at Kyle Field all along, with fans being able to decide whether attending games was right for them or not. I'm expecting the Ags to stick with that, which will place a great deal of pressure on the Texas decision-makers, who would catch an incredible amount of heat from their season ticket holders. Can you imagine if A&M is playing at 50% capacity and Texas half that???

So try and predict Texas' current play. Yep, you guessed it. They're almost certainly going to attempt to go the political route, likely asking our Longhorn Governor to exert a little behind-the-scenes leverage on TAMU brass to go along with the other in-state programs at 25%. I don't think it's going to work, but we'll see. Stay tuned.

-Speaking of the Horns, have you guys noticed the pitiful army of talking heads spouting off their typical envious nonsense over the past few days? These blowhards are so excited about being able to lose the LSU game in Baton Rouge and play what will probably be an all-Big 12 slate plus maybe a conf-vs-conf one-off with someone like the Mountain West yet they're going all-in the other way and are now talking smack about the SEC doing exactly what the B1G and Pac-12 are planning to do. The collection of Burnt Orange mouthpieces are actually bragging about playing an easier schedule while other programs' slates are actually getting infinitely tougher and don't even realize how apropos and on-brand this all is.

Better hope you avoid Boise State, Hermie.

Edited by LTtxfan

17 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Sooooo, he thinks we will lobby the Governor to limit A&M's attendance with a net result of less Aggys being exposed to a known deadly pathogen. That's not how I'd play it.

I said it in the recruiting thread, but based on all his current and previous output, Looch is 1000% a dude that trusts Clay Travis more than Anthony Fauci when it comes to epidemiology and uses "coronabro" in conversation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I said it in the recruiting thread, but based on all his current and previous output, Looch is 1000% a dude that trusts Clay Travis more than Anthony Fauci when it comes to epidemiology and uses "coronabro" in conversation.

He likely does use c-bro and that should be added to his bag of dicks. No one should trust Travis or Fauci.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Fauci has been the director of NIAID for like 45 years. He's literally the world preeminent epidemiologist. Not going to go further than that in the recruiting thread, but a dumb both sides post deserves a quick refutation.

Good, you should listen to him.

A) Bowlsby is a fucking dipshit. At least he doesn’t have his braintrust Uncle Feely Boren any more to make it worse.

B) Billy is not an insufferable little bitch. He is a tremendous fatass.

Edited by Scholz
  • Hook 'Em 2

So Looch thinks Texas is going to fight hard for A&M students and alumnis safety against A&M's own decisions? Um we're not your big brother anymore dude, its your current bro Bama who is making sure you have less home games to help protect yourselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:47 PM, Valmy77 said:

12 games? But against who? Even Lake Travis High School might not be available.

Odd that the school presidents have to decide this.

Really?  Doesn’t the buck pretty much stop on the university president’s desk?  Whom would you suggests gets to decide?  AD?  Head coach?  Legal affairs staff?  Get your popcorn futures now guys, this season could turn into a truly epic shitshow. I just hope it’s all televised.

5 minutes ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

The tone of the email surprised me.  I get it but it was very hat in hand.

Yep. Having to go to the small/medium donors asking for cash is different than what they've normally done. Lots of "be nice to people calling you to ask for money"

There is still ample dead weight in AD office to push out.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/30/2020 at 5:52 PM, 927 E. 41st said:

Sooooo, he thinks we will lobby the Governor to limit A&M's attendance with a net result of less Aggys being exposed to a known deadly pathogen. That's not how I'd play it.

I'd lobby to let them go 100%, great way to reduce aggy population.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

The tone of the email surprised me.  I get it but it was very hat in hand.

Ask for money while there's still hope for football and he'll get some donations.  Wait a few weeks until it's cancelled and he ain't getting shit.  I've always felt all schools were delaying the inevitable just to keep donations coming in to help lessen the financial destruction that's coming.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Lots of "be nice to people calling you to ask for money"

There is still ample dead weight in AD office to push out.

Agreed, but in this case, it might also be Del Conte reading the audience and knowing there's a lot of anger out there that has nothing to do with the person making the phone call and trying to pre-emptively encourage the recipients of the phone calls to take it easy on the callers.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

42 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Agreed, but in this case, it might also be Del Conte reading the audience and knowing there's a lot of anger out there that has nothing to do with the person making the phone call and trying to pre-emptively encourage the recipients of the phone calls to take it easy on the callers.

Perhaps, Just UT's long history of giving zero fucks about anyone outside of a handful of donors makes this kind of email very funny.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, texifornia said:

I think he trusts Stella Immanuel more than anybody else.  Health problems are caused by sexual visitations from demons!