Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

On 10/7/2020 at 9:15 AM, LTtxfan said:

This will not end well. Forming a committee is like going to arbitration. A “compromise” will probably piss off both sides, especially the pro-EOT side.  I know I’ll be pissed if any changes are made to our “not racist in any fucking way” tradition. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

This will not end well. Forming a committee is like going to arbitration. A “compromise” will probably piss off both sides, especially the pro-EOT side.  I know I’ll be pissed if any changes are made to our “not racist in any fucking way” tradition. 

Tbh we all know it’s going to come down to a money being the factor and it will stay. 

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

The changes have already happened. It's not going back to the way it used to be.

• Fuck You 4

Go easy on CDC,  T&P.    Signs are concerning.    Be good to contact him to wish her well.

I do want to start today’s Forty Acres Insider by apologizing to y’all for my delay in getting back to your many tweets, phone calls and emails in a timely fashion, as my wife has been battling severe vertigo and migraines for the past six weeks, and on Tuesday, we finally got in to see a neurologist followed by an MRI and scans. She’s doing okay and we’re awaiting those results, but I’ve obviously had a significant amount of my attention on her and this situation. I’ll keep you posted on my bride … fingers crossed!

https://texassports.com/news/2020/10/14/forty-acres-insider-oct-14.aspx

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, torre said:

Go easy on CDC,  T&P.    Signs are concerning.    Be good to contact him to wish her well.

I do want to start today’s Forty Acres Insider by apologizing to y’all for my delay in getting back to your many tweets, phone calls and emails in a timely fashion, as my wife has been battling severe vertigo and migraines for the past six weeks, and on Tuesday, we finally got in to see a neurologist followed by an MRI and scans. She’s doing okay and we’re awaiting those results, but I’ve obviously had a significant amount of my attention on her and this situation. I’ll keep you posted on my bride … fingers crossed!

Seeing how the football team is full of soft entitled pussies... There's really not much else he could say regarding their play without them boycotting the rest of the season. Actually... That may not be a bad thing. 

Wants players to stand together during EOT...

Forty Acres Insider: Oct. 14

Greetings Longhorn Nation,

I do want to start today's Forty Acres Insider by apologizing to y'all for my delay in getting back to your many tweets, phone calls and emails in a timely fashion, as my wife has been battling severe vertigo and migraines for the past six weeks, and on Tuesday, we finally got in to see a neurologist followed by an MRI and scans. She's doing okay and we're awaiting those results, but I've obviously had a significant amount of my attention on her and this situation. I'll keep you posted on my bride … fingers crossed!

Many of your questions have been about our student-athletes and the confusion about why they have not remained on the field for "The Eyes of Texas" after the games. I, like so many of you, view the song with pride and sing loudly and proudly in honor of the efforts of those who represent and support this phenomenal institution. As much as our student-athletes love this University, they have questions about the history of "The Eyes" and concerns about it. As you are aware, this past summer, during the height of civil unrest in our country, some of them brought to our attention their concerns over a number of issues on campus, including the origin of the song. President Hartzell was absolutely clear that "The Eyes" is and will remain our school song, but in an effort to further understand its origins, full history, and how it's evolved over time, he established a committee to study, contextualize, and reclaim the song's origin. We believe it is important to understand the history as we continue to perform it.

With that said, I do want to clarify that I have had many conversations with our head coaches outlining my expectations that our teams show appreciation for our University, fans, and supporters by standing together as a unified group for "The Eyes," while we work through this issue. However, like all families who see the world through different lenses, we have plenty of work to do on this subject and will continue to do so, but rest assured, our student-athletes love and respect this University very much and are competing their hearts out for it.

Saturday's AT&T Red River Showdown at the Cotton Bowl was a great example of how hard our Longhorns are competing. Though the comeback and epic four-overtime rivalry game came up short and certainly wasn't what we wanted, I am extremely proud of the way our team left everything on the field, played their guts out and put it all on the line for nearly five hours of football. They played with passion, pride, grit and determination. It was a heartbreaking loss, but in defeat our Longhorns displayed amazing Texas Fight. 

I know we all were extremely discouraged by the loss. We didn't expect to be 2-2 at this point in the season and there certainly is a lot of work to be done. But no one is more disappointed than our team and our coaches. The scene in the locker room after the game was just crushing. The exhausted and sad faces of defeat were evident, but just as visible was this tremendous group of young men picking each other up and supporting one another. They know they missed on opportunities, made too many mistakes and let that one slip away. The effort was there, the team fought against what seemed like insurmountable odds late in the game, and the errors are fixable. They'll roll up their sleeves and get back to work during this bye week as we prepare to host Baylor in two weeks (Oct. 24/2:30 p.m. CT/ESPN). We all know we need to improve, but there's still a lot of football to be played, and we can't look back except to learn and get better in the future. Speaking of the Baylor game, we have a lot of special plans for it so stay tuned to all of our platforms for the details.

Meanwhile, we did experience some very positive results for a couple other teams last week as Volleyball posted consecutive sweeps against Iowa State, and Soccer routed Kansas State, 7-0. And as Football heads into its bye week, we still have a number of our teams in action this week with both our Men's and Women's teams for Cross Country, Swimming and Diving and Tennis competing, as well as Men's Golf, Soccer and Volleyball again. Not to mention Basketball is beginning its official preseason practice sessions with the season tipping off later this fall.

Edited by LTtxfan

Who cares about the Eyes of Texas when the team continues to suck? You think the players standing in unity to sing EOT would make the fans feel any better after back to back losses? We are no better than Aggys when we squabble over a school song while our athletic program turns into a national joke. Focus should be on firing Herman and going after a proven coach. Winning sloves everything!

6 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Who cares about the Eyes of Texas when the team continues to suck? You think the players standing in unity to sing EOT would make the fans feel any better after back to back losses? We are no better than Aggys when we squabble over a school song while our athletic program turns into a national joke. Focus should be on firing Herman and going after a proven coach. Winning sloves everything!

Because that’s all we have right now. 

8 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Winning doesn’t solve bitchassedness 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

This is what losing does to you. The longer it goes on the more our fanbase starts to resemble the aggys. I think Belmont is purposely fueling the EOT fire to shift the focus. We are being played as usual.

That makes no sense. The EOT thing could get the Belmont administration fired. How does shifting focus to something that puts them all in danger and risks donations and their financial future help them?

Is this some kind suicide pact?

Anyway the EOT thing makes Herman look even worse so if you want him fired the incident at the Cotton Bowl only helps that. I don't think it shifts the heat away from him at all. 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

That makes no sense. The EOT thing could get the Belmont administration fired. How does shifting focus to something that puts them all in danger and risks donations and their financial future help them?

Is this some kind suicide pact?

Anyway the EOT thing makes Herman look even worse so if you want him fired the incident at the Cotton Bowl only helps that. I don't think it shifts the heat away from him at all. 

You see fans are once again talking about the song, or the uniform, or fucking shoes rather than demanding a coaching change. The EOT controversy is also a perfect cover for the team's lack of discipline. The narrative becomes: "this is 2020, and like everyone else, our players also have a lot on their mind." While fans and boosters remain unhappy, there won't be a real push to make a change, so everyone gets a free year. That's how I see it.

9 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

You see fans are once again talking about the song, or the uniform, or fucking shoes rather than demanding a coaching change. The EOT controversy is also a perfect cover for the team's lack of discipline. The narrative becomes: "this is 2020, and like everyone else, our players also have a lot on their mind." While fans and boosters remain unhappy, there won't be a real push to make a change, so everyone gets a free year. That's how I see it.

You are completely wrong, that is how I see it.

Herman is dead man walking. This EOT thing is a disaster for him. If that makes you feel any better.

There is only one way for Herman to save himself and that is, like you said, winning. And we all know he won't, at least not to the degree he needs to.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

You are completely wrong, that is how I see it.

Herman is dead man walking. This EOT thing is a disaster for him. If that makes you feel any better.

There is only one way for Herman to save himself and that is, like you said, winning. And we all know he won't, at least not to the degree he needs to.

You underestimate Belmont's inertia. Herman can be a dead man walking for more than a year unless Jimbo wins the SEC. Texas just doesn't pull the trigger when they need to. I will be glad to be wrong though.

14 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

You underestimate Belmont's inertia. Herman can be a dead man walking for more than a year unless Jimbo wins the SEC. Texas just doesn't pull the trigger when they need to. I will be glad to be wrong though.

Their inertia can shift faster when the money starts going downhill. A lot of working against Belmont right now with COVID and the controversy and now the shitty football team. They need to take action and they know it.

Though I acknowledge they will move slower than many of us would like.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’m not a Tweeter guy, but what determines which #s follow a Twit?

You remind me of Bobby Bowden:

Ebay sells absolutely everything. You've seen the commercials and so has Bobby Bowden and he knows that nefarious site is why he had to fire his son Jeff as offensive coordinator.

"Because you all ignited it," he said to a small room of reporters. "You listen to eBay and e-mail and all that junk, and you all kept writing about it and that fans it and makes it grow and grow, and it becomes a cancer. That's why."

15 minutes ago, elguapo said:

CDC really fucked up bringing Herman back after last season, when a HC has to replace basically his entire staff after year 3 then he’s clearly not the right man for the job.

The Sugar Bowl win against Georgia was probably the worst strategic outcome for the future trajectory of the program.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

The Sugar Bowl win against Georgia was probably the worst strategic outcome for the future trajectory of the program.

That’s right, but I took my daughter to that game, and she told me recently that tgat was the funnest Texas sports related experience she’s had. She was a bit young in 2005, poor girl. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
No pics
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Uhhhh, 3 of his 4 hires at UT so far have been absolute home runs. The other is a very good hire 

Let me rephrase- Until he hires two coaches that make money for Texas in athletics, I don't care. Shaka is still here, and so far so is Herman. It's great for WBB and Softball are great, but they don't make money.  Other than those two, who are the others? 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

CDC will only be judged on mainly what he does with football/basketball where he is failing greatly.  He has mishandled those 2 programs to be kind. 

He has not mishandled them - outside of being premature (in retrospect) to give Herman an extension.  He just hasn't moved as fast a many people around here want him too.  I firmly believe Shaka would have been gone if the Spring season had not been brought to a halt.  We'll never know.  Shaka gets an extra year to try to prove something.  Herman is on the way out and all the tea leaves point to CDC doing what he can to make the biggest hire possible.  Yes, judge him on those two moves, but it's still in front of us and the hires he has made so far look like a good track record is being built.

• Hook 'Em 2

He has not mishandled them - outside of being premature (in retrospect) to give Herman an extension.  He just hasn't moved as fast a many people around here want him too.  I firmly believe Shaka would have been gone if the Spring season had not been brought to a halt.  We'll never know.  Shaka gets an extra year to try to prove something.  Herman is on the way out and all the tea leaves point to CDC doing what he can to make the biggest hire possible.  Yes, judge him on those two moves, but it's still in front of us and the hires he has made so far look like a good track record is being built.
What he does over the next few weeks will likely define his tenure here.

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he's definitely on the clock at the moment.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

What he does over the next few weeks will likely define his tenure here.

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he's definitely on the clock at the moment.

I agree that he's on the clock.  But the fact of the matter is that 98% of the criticism leveled at CDC around here is borne from frustration over the state of the football program, not really over anything CDC has done or should have done.  Yes, they are related, but if he makes this move and does it right, in retrospect it will look like it was handled and timed properly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1