Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

From a 247 article on the Manning visit this weekend, sounds like we may already be promoting a new indoor facility to recruits: 

If you’re on the Texas campus right now, you can’t miss all the construction. The Manning family got a hard hat tour of the new facilities, as there is a lot of excitement about the new weight room and locker room going in. The timing of that and a new indoor facility next make for a thrilling new chapter under this fresh coaching staff. Prospects in the 2022 and 2023 classes will help break in all the new bells and whistles.

On 6/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, Machinator said:

This poster doesn't understand the difference between building facilities in central Austin vs. Starkville, MS.

That may literally be the nicest building in Starkvegas now. Probably host weddings there and stuff.

But I was jealous of the atmosphere there and Arkansas over the weekend.

10 hours ago, jinx said:

That may literally be the nicest building in Starkvegas now. Probably host weddings there and stuff.

But I was jealous of the atmosphere there and Arkansas over the weekend.

Baseball is all they have there. Yet one is on the couch and the other went the distance with a team next to Lake Michigan. 

On 6/7/2021 at 7:10 AM, texasstrong12 said:

I find it very interesting that since CDC left TCU has regressed big time in football and baseball.

In CDC's final year, TCU finished ranked in the top 10 in football. They haven't been ranked since CDC left. 

In CDC's final year, TCU made the CWS in baseball. They haven't been out of regional since CDC left. 

As much as I like CDC, I think that's no more than correlation.

Patterson is probably getting "tired" in the same way that our recent coaches have done.

Baseball's fall-off is probably just rotten luck and the cruelty of the game, but I think Schlossnagle was checking out for personal reasons.

Maybe CDC does have some sort of gift as a "coach-whisperer" to keep them on their toes.

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As much as I like CDC, I think that's no more than correlation.

Patterson is probably getting "tired" in the same way that our recent coaches have done.

Baseball's fall-off is probably just rotten luck and the cruelty of the game, but I think Schlossnagle was checking out for personal reasons.

Maybe CDC does have some sort of gift as a "coach-whisperer" to keep them on their toes.

I'm somewhat surprised Patterson has lasted as long as he has at TCU.  He's probably one of the longest tenured coaches in FBS football which in this day and age is remarkable.  Naturally as with any job, if one doesn't take it the next level either by choice or by circumstances they can't directly control, it can be come another day at the office and acceptance of mediocrity sets in.   TCU has shown no interest in moving on when they've had cause to do so the last couple of seasons...   But we all must recall where TCU started from when Patterson showed up.   TCU doesn't lack fan support...  They are essentially Fort Worth's college team and  getting fans in the seats is all that TCU appears to be aiming for and if Patterson can continue to do this, then he will retire there.

It would be cool to know how many schools passed on Patterson during the last decade or so.     Including pre CDC and if he was ever in the conversation  when we hired Sark.

59 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I'm somewhat surprised Patterson has lasted as long as he has at TCU.  He's probably one of the longest tenured coaches in FBS football which in this day and age is remarkable.

#2 behind Kirk Ferentz by a year.

image.png.7d4f3894a1a9a0b73d17515f2a45417d.png

• Like 1

No other place to put it really… interview with Eddie Gossage (runs Texas motor speedway) in the star telegram, said he woke up to see headlines the RRS was looking to maybe move from the cotton bowl years ago. He painted a football field on the TMS infield and publicized it, contacted Joe Castiglione at ou and DeLoss. JC entertained the idea and DeLoss cussed Eddie out. I get ragey thinking about what might have been if Patterson was calling shots.

• Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, bluto said:

No other place to put it really… interview with Eddie Gossage (runs Texas motor speedway) in the star telegram, said he woke up to see headlines the RRS was looking to maybe move from the cotton bowl years ago. He painted a football field on the TMS infield and publicized it, contacted Joe Castiglione at ou and DeLoss. JC entertained the idea and DeLoss cussed Eddie out. I get ragey thinking about what might have been if Patterson was calling shots.

How many jet pack squadrons could TMS handle? Though, honestly, based on how Tennessee/VTech went at Bristol, TMS>>>>>>>Jerryworld.

14 hours ago, bluto said:

The bigger rage-inducer is that there were fans around here who LIKED the idea.

Fucking morons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

The Cotton Bowl is my favorite venue to watch a sporting event in DFW.  Perfect sight lines, not a bad seat in the house.  The plumbing situation could be improved, but other than that it’s perfect.  Throw in the fair and it’s the best day of the year.  I will personally murder any UT AD who tries to take that away from me.

Reunion Arena was pretty fucking good for Stars Playoff Games, but it's gone.

Cotton Bowl sucks if you're underneath an upper-deck, near the back behind a support pillar. Other than that, it's pretty damned awesome.

• Hook 'Em 2

FCB

Spoiler

RUTGERS DEPUTY AD SARAH BAUMGARTNER JOINING TEXAS ATHLETICS FAMILY

Chris Del Conte is adding a rising star in the athletic director world to join his staff at Texas - Rutgers deputy athletic director Sarah Baumgartner.

Word got out this week that the move was happening and will probably be announced officially later this week or early next week.

According to sources, Baumgartner is expected to serve as the athletic department liaison to all of UT’s coaches, a role that has been divided up among several UT assistant athletic directors in the past.

Baumgartner is entirely qualified for the job after serving as the AD liaison to Rutgers football, women’s basketball and softball. Baumgartner has also overseen revenue generation and external services at Rutgers in addition to serving as a key fundraiser for the Scarlet Knights.

This is a big addition to Del Conte’s staff, which already includes lieutenants Shawn Eichorst (internal services, finances), Drew Martin (external services, marketing), Arthur Johnson (facilities, operations) and Chris Plonsky (student-athlete services).

In the past, Del Conte has served as the direct liaison for football and basketball. Eichorst assisted with football and softball. Martin assisted with baseball, men’s and women’s swimming and diving as well as soccer. Johnson assisted with men’s basketball, baseball, men’s and women’s golf as well as men’s and women’s tennis. Plonsky was the liaison to women’s basketball and volleyball, while Kathy Harston assisted with women’s basketball, women’s golf, rowing, soccer, men’s and women’s track and field/cross country and volleyball.

Those liaison roles to all of UT’s coaches would be condensed under Baumgartner, sources said.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

FCB

Hide contents

RUTGERS DEPUTY AD SARAH BAUMGARTNER JOINING TEXAS ATHLETICS FAMILY

Chris Del Conte is adding a rising star in the athletic director world to join his staff at Texas - Rutgers deputy athletic director Sarah Baumgartner.

Word got out this week that the move was happening and will probably be announced officially later this week or early next week.

According to sources, Baumgartner is expected to serve as the athletic department liaison to all of UT’s coaches, a role that has been divided up among several UT assistant athletic directors in the past.

Baumgartner is entirely qualified for the job after serving as the AD liaison to Rutgers football, women’s basketball and softball. Baumgartner has also overseen revenue generation and external services at Rutgers in addition to serving as a key fundraiser for the Scarlet Knights.

This is a big addition to Del Conte’s staff, which already includes lieutenants Shawn Eichorst (internal services, finances), Drew Martin (external services, marketing), Arthur Johnson (facilities, operations) and Chris Plonsky (student-athlete services).

In the past, Del Conte has served as the direct liaison for football and basketball. Eichorst assisted with football and softball. Martin assisted with baseball, men’s and women’s swimming and diving as well as soccer. Johnson assisted with men’s basketball, baseball, men’s and women’s golf as well as men’s and women’s tennis. Plonsky was the liaison to women’s basketball and volleyball, while Kathy Harston assisted with women’s basketball, women’s golf, rowing, soccer, men’s and women’s track and field/cross country and volleyball.

Those liaison roles to all of UT’s coaches would be condensed under Baumgartner, sources said.

EIR%20Logo%20-%20SquareFull%20-%20Color.

Whats with the Rutgers Pipeline?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

I don’t Tweet but I assume some moron asked about alternative uniforms again. A PSA should go out on all media types so that folks will get the message.

You don’t mess with Texas’ colors.

You would be correct. The original tweeter was asking about black uniforms.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Didn't A.J. Soprano do a couple semesters at Rutgers? 

Man, del Conte had a helluva year with Baseball rounding out the season at #3.  

Amazingly deep athletics department when football and basketball finish mediocre as usual, but we still won the Director's Cup.  

What can be achieved here with competent coaching is truly motto worthy.   

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Got more competitive once Stanford dropped all their faget sports no one else plays.

I think a lot of Qanon athletic recruits are very aggressive when it comes to competitive orange ball sucking