Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Moody Center Ribbon Cutting Ceremony -- April 19th,2022

Wait a minute.  What the hell is going on?

I was told by our friends to the east that new building ceremonies are supposed to have a cloud of dust rolling over them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Hearing that we have been told Fox has Bama game penciled in for 11am and we are doing all we can to try go get it moved to night.  Didn't get a lot of detail on what "all we can" entails.  

That will fucking SUCK.

Gee.  What a great weekend to be a Horn. 

39 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Hearing that we have been told Fox has Bama game penciled in for 11am and we are doing all we can to try go get it moved to night.  Didn't get a lot of detail on what "all we can" entails.  

That will fucking SUCK.

No reason they can't do a night game. It's Bama. It's guaranteed to get ratings. They can then put any number of boring Big 10 matchups at the Big Noon spot. 

35 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No reason they can't do a night game. It's Bama. It's guaranteed to get ratings. They can then put any number of boring Big 10 matchups at the Big Noon spot. 

Agree but all I heard from my source was CDC is doing all he can to get them to change it.  My response to that was, "well not exactly a ton of leverage there, if I am Fox I shoot back with you're coming off a 5-7 season, just had no players drafted and we're thinking there is a good chance you might get your ass raped here so know your role and shut your mouth"

24 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Agree but all I heard from my source was CDC is doing all he can to get them to change it.  My response to that was, "well not exactly a ton of leverage there, if I am Fox I shoot back with you're coming off a 5-7 season, just had no players drafted and we're thinking there is a good chance you might get your ass raped here so know your role and shut your mouth"

But . . . but . . . we're Texas and stuff.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

But . . . but . . . we're Texas and stuff.

I think the heat stroke angle is about the only one we got.  And it's Fox so they'd either superimpose a dancing robot over the dying fans or send Tucker out to ask questions (no CR)

49 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Dang….let’s just have it at 7:00 am then.

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I think the heat stroke angle is about the only one we got.  And it's Fox so they'd either superimpose a dancing robot over the dying fans or send Tucker out to ask questions (no CR)

They can play the sad piano "injury timeout" music when they show a fan being stretchered off due to heat stroke.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/1/2022 at 6:36 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Fucking CDC getting it handed to him. I'm sure our visit to bama will also be an 11AM game and there's nothing bama can do about it...

13 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Uh-huh, I’m sure sec will allow fox the 11am’er when we visit…

The home team is tied to the TV network. SEC teams are on CBS or ESPN. Big 12 teams are on ESPN or Fox. 

So yes, the game will not be at 11 AM on Fox when we go to Bama. And it has zero to do with the AD.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The home team is tied to the TV network. SEC teams are on CBS or ESPN. Big 12 teams are on ESPN or Fox. 

So yes, the game will not be at 11 AM on Fox when we go to Bama. And it has zero to do with the AD.

I know. The networks can't be influenced...

On 5/1/2022 at 7:08 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Fox didn’t change OU-Nebraska to a night game and they ain’t changing Texas-Alabama to a night game. See y’all at DKR at 11 AM.

IMO, the UT-Bama matchup has more intrigue and storylines for the talking heads, commercials, etc. to hype up throughout a full day of broadcasting.

Only nine total contests, and the last one was for a national championship. Get ready for Rose Bowl clips of our former QB, just not the good ones.

That 2009 championship game was a huge inflection point for both programs. It marked the end of our last run, the beginning of their ongoing.

After the Gene Stallings era (i.e., their Mack equivalent), Bama had a 10-year "wondering the desert" stretch with DuBose-Franchione-Shula. The fourth hire (Saban) brought Bama back, but only after a very Sark-esque first year that saw 6 regular season wins and four straight losses to end the season (including a big upset to ULM).

Is Sark our Shula or our Saban? Will this UT-UA game be another inflection point for one/both programs? How will UT fare in the SEC, yada yada.

Fuck 11:00 a.m. kickoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 6:44 PM, LonghornSean said:

Realistically we only hit 5 here, but god it would be great to hit 6. Before the Pac-12 jumped off a cliff though this chart is why I wanted to go to the Pac-12 with OU. Had we gone with them that is 25 of the 27 times a school has accomplished that feat and 5 of the 7 institutions to do it. It would also be 4 of 4 Institutions to do it this century (Stanford, UCLA, Texas, OU). SEC is where the money and more importantly the recruiting focus is nowadays so there we must be.