Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

2 hours ago, PatSolitanojr said:

RGZ-UT-KU-FB-05.jpg

I might wright him a letter pleading for these to be our permanent unis without the football on the helmet. 

Maybe it’s redundant but TEXAS on the front and move the Nike and conference logos to the sleeves and until they kick Baylor out, no conference logos. You’re right about the football on the helmet. Work clothes and such

• Like 1

Hey Del Conte this is too soon to bring Mack back in for this role. You should likely wait for 9 wins and a major bowl game first.  

Does Del Conte not get how many fans still harbor ill will towards Mack for letting it all go to shit?

https://www.diehards.com/texas/chris-del-conte-mack-brown-texas-longhorns-football-future-interview

Hey Del Conte this is too soon to bring Mack back in for this role. You should likely wait for 9 wins and a major bowl game first.  
Does Del Conte not get how many fans still harbor ill will towards Mack for letting it all go to shit?
https://www.diehards.com/texas/chris-del-conte-mack-brown-texas-longhorns-football-future-interview

A lot of the general fan base still likes Mack. The old $$ likes Mack. Hermann likes Mack. May agree with you, but will not be surprised if Mack is back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mack did a lot of good for UT football and I think he still can.  It was time for him to step down as coach and I wish he had done that, but that's all water under the bridge.  I view this a s a positive move.

Nobody seemed to bear Augie any ill will and it was pretty much the same situation.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

I'm for it in the long run but think 4 years later isn't enough water under the bridge.

I know the blue hairs love him but is the next generation of donors going to forget/forgive when Del Conte has his hand out? I guess if 10 win seasons return people will forget.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

59 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Mack did a lot of good for UT football and I think he still can.  It was time for him to step down as coach and I wish he had done that, but that's all water under the bridge.  I view this a s a positive move.

Nobody seemed to bear Augie any ill will and it was pretty much the same situation.

Mack Brown did everything he could to undermine the program when it was clear he was headed for the exit. He also gave Charlie Strong bad advice on multiple fronts on purpose, including telling him to keep Bruce Chambers and to trust Chris Plonsky. 

There are plenty of boosters with a bad taste in their mouth about Brown. I get what Del Conte is thinking and I do think Herman is sharp enough to know when he's being played, but I personally don't want that selfish fuck anywhere near the program. He doesn't want to see anyone else succeed in the HC role while he's still alive. He can go fuck himself for 50 more years for all I care. 

Augie Garrido did not go to great lengths to undermine the program he built or his successor. I get where your heads at, but given what I've heard over the years about Brown's exit, I do not see things the same way.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2018 at 8:03 PM, mr. sunshine said:

Maybe it’s redundant but TEXAS on the front and move the Nike and conference logos to the sleeves and until they kick Baylor out, no conference logos. You’re right about the football on the helmet. Work clothes and such

absofuckinglutley  this 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Godzillatron said:

A lot of the general fan base still likes Mack. The old $$ likes Mack. Hermann likes Mack. May agree with you, but will not be surprised if Mack is back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was still a Mack fan up until the time he said on TV that Earl was "still welcome on our campus" (after Earl had said it might be time for some changes). That was as bad & unforgiveable as Kurt Bohls not voting VY for the Heisman, IMO.

Then he went on his embittered mission to torpedo the recruiting class to "help them if they wanted to go somewhere else". (the complete opposite what he told the Tarheel recruits when he left NC for Texas).

I've never heard him apologize for that unethical & presumptuous bullshit, so I have no desire to ever shake his hand again.

The Benedict Arnold of Texas Football is an apt description.... again, JMHO.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I ushered for 2 seasons. That guy would give all of us all the weather report before the gates opened.  His report never caught me by surprise. 

Well, I just look at the sky or my phone for the weather - not much noisy interruption there.

Leprosy teeth always liked using dating and relationships as a metaphor; he's like the soon-to-be ex-wife who maxes out the credit cards,  stops the cable, unplugs the fridge and takes a dump in the living room on her way out the door.  He can rot in a Turkish prison for all I care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cafe society said:

Leprosy teeth always liked using dating and relationships as a metaphor; he's like the soon-to-be ex-wife who maxes out the credit cards,  stops the cable, unplugs the fridge and takes a dump in the living room on her way out the door.  He can rot in a Turkish prison for all I care.

You forgot cut the vacuum cleaner cord.

On 4/5/2018 at 5:15 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Augie being the winningest coach in NCAA history meant that he could coach until he died. Different story with Mack.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

I ushered for 2 seasons. That guy would give all of us all the weather report before the gates opened.  His report never caught me by surprise. 

What does this even mean? So if he told you it was going to rain buckets right before the gates opened, I guess technically you weren't caught by surprise. But you had already left your house, so it's not like you packed your poncho with you.

Anywhoo, fuck the weather guy. He is a stain on our athletics program. Nothing is dumber than when he gives the weather report....inside the goddam Erwin Center. If you've ever cheered when he does his stupid Hoooooooooooooook-um Horns! bullshit, please know that I've made a mental note of you and I have wished plague upon your house.

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 2

Keep Texas on the front of the jersey, but use the burnt orange that was used during the years Reebok was the athletic outfitter...

And burn all things Baylor (except the future In-N-Out)...

Edited by kopp0e

23 minutes ago, Rynosauri said:

I'd be worried that if mack steps outside of his boundaries (more than likely imo) and CDC has to put his foot down, mack will resort to his petulant behavior and cause more problems for the program.

I think as long as everyone is warm and fuzzy about him being there and they keep pointing to all of his accomplishments he will be a great asset. When he gets challenged or hits a rough patch he turns into a gaping vageena. 

1 hour ago, PatSolitanojr said:

Having four AD's since 2011 is unbelievable. It explains so much of the internal turmoil. We're extremely lucky to have a guy like CDC. It's starting to feel fully aligned again. 

It's really a misleading stat.  The first guy of the four was here for decades.  He retired.  He was followed by a horrible hire who lasted less than two years, the temp who was brought in to stabilize things (which he did quite well), and then what appears to the "the guy".

Way more turmoil than one would hope,  but there was only one bad apple in the mix there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

It's really a misleading stat.  The first guy of the four was here for decades.  He retired.  He was followed by a horrible hire who lasted less than two years, the temp who was brought in to stabilize things (which he did quite well), and then what appears to the "the guy".

Way more turmoil than one would hope,  but there was only one bad apple in the mix there.

It really is. When you follow the program you see how it was really just one bad hire. Haters will point to the turnover at AD and call us a "cesspool" for it, but they aren't seeing the full narrative. 

18 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

It really is. When you follow the program you see how it was really just one bad hire. Haters will point to the turnover at AD and call us a "cesspool" for it, but they aren't seeing the full narrative. 

What it does show is how one bad hire can set a program back for years.

• Like 1

Agreed. The big12 logo is a fucking disgrace. BlowU having people slap women around, froggy having people choke bitches out, and rapelor covering up shit. Fucking up the brand with this shit confrence isnt worth it.

The two stripes on the sleeves is great.

I am digging CDC so far. I like his approach and willingness to give the coaches/players what they need to succeed. Hopefully we will start to witness our requests come to fruition as well. The student section was a move that needed to happen a long time ago.

Keep it going.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk