Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Thursday: The Lieutenants

By Bobby Burton       11 hours ago

If you listened to the Town Hall meeting of Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte on Tuesday night, you realize just how many talented people work alongside Del Conte to make Texas athletics the best in the country.

I felt like it would be informative to give a little more background info on those folks and exactly what they do.

Drew Martin - If it has to do with marketing and game-day experience, Drew Martin is the person whose fingerprints are all over it. Martin also helps manage and oversee third party agreements with media behemoths like Learfield and William Morris Endeavor.

Chris Plonsky - Plonsky was once the women's athletic director, but when CDC was hired, Texas unified the athletic department into one outfit for both men and women. CDC, however, did not clip the wings of Plonsky in the process. Instead, she has continued to help build Texas women's athletics into the juggernaut it is and CDC gives her due credit in the process.

Andrew Hamor - One of the leads of the Longhorn Foundation, Hamor helps CDC find the funds for various athletic department projects. While CDC is the forward facing fundraiser for the athletic department, Hamor is someone almost every major Longhorn donor knows.

Ricky Brown - The former fullback for Ricky Williams is one of the heads of outreach from the athletic department to former players.

Shawn Eichorst - He's the deputy. Eichorst is CDC's right-hand man, the "glue" that keeps it all together. The former Nebraska AD is a voice of experience that CDC can count on.

Sarah Baumgardner - Baumgardner works directly with Texas coaches to fix issues that arise on a daily basis. She works hand-in-hand with CDC.

Fernando Lovo - All those pretty new facilities and their functionality? That's Lovo's job, to execute the vision, work with the general contractors, architects, and the university, to make sure it all comes out to plan.

Rob Novak - The CFO of Texas athletics. He makes sure the money is there, not just for next month, but for large projects well into the future.

While CDC is a gifted administrator and fundraiser, the success of Texas athletics is far from a one-man show, and that's something CDC would tell you himself, and why he mentioned the folks above during his speech on Tuesday night.

Hats off to all of those who help make Texas athletics the best program in the country.

Great lineup, with one glaring exception.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Steamboat1874 said:

And I would be happy with that because Dell Diamond is only about 5 miles from my house.

I was disappointed they didn't do it when they did the renovation in '06-07. I was hoping they would do a complete teardown and build something with the open concourses and two decks.

The University owns more of the land to the east of the stadium now.  We need to ask the City of Austin to close Comal Street and build something with two decks and/or some outfield seating. Maybe bite the bullet and redo McCombs Field at the same time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I was disappointed they didn't do it when they did the renovation in '06-07. I was hoping they would do a complete teardown and build something with the open concourses and two decks.

The University owns more of the land to the east of the stadium now.  We need to ask the City of Austin to close Comal Street and build something with two decks and/or some outfield seating. Maybe bite the bullet and redo McCombs Field at the same time.

McCombs needs a tear down and rebuild but might be difficult to do - where would they play for a season 

31 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Could a new disch Falk have downtown views in the outfield like Busch stadium, or would the setting sun be a problem?

Coach Gus had a hand in the layout of DFF when it was built.

He had the direction set up just like Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha so it would be the same as far the sun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Apparently, Coach Gus was.

San Marcos

Now I'm just picturing us marching down to SM and taking over TXST's field.  "You took Cat from us, we take this from you" 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

So, if we add women's gymnastics, does that allow us to add another men's sport . . . say, soccer?

I'll guess the answer is no because we have a student enrollment that continues to skew female.

It's now 56/44 female/male.

What's the current ratio for student athletes?

On 2/14/2024 at 7:59 AM, Hank Chinaski said:

As someone who was an undergrad while Gregory was totally renovated and came out seeming sparkly and new, I scoffed when I read this, as obviously it isn’t that old.

Then after a moment of thought:

Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

Remember that creepy AF dude that looked like Francis Dollarhyde that worked out there?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Guess this kinda fits on this thread...

Longhorn Foundation Head Andrew Hamor Speaks on What Sets Texas Athletics Apart | 3rd & Longhorn        

3 days ago

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

So a castrated bull escaped and impregnated a cow? Hahahahahaha. That's some rich, rich stuff

Yes... evvverryone was thinking that when they saw the tweet.  

(What TrashMaster G said) 

5 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

So a castrated bull escaped and impregnated a cow? Hahahahahaha. That's some rich, rich stuff

Am I tax exempt if I start a religion around this origin story?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Guess this thread best for this...

Texas Exes Executive Director Chuck Harris on How They Help Texas Alumni

3rd & Longhorn    April 16th

Alex Okafor, Derrick Johnson, Fozzy Whittaker, Jeremy Hills, Rod Babers, and Nick Shuley are joined by the Executive Director of the Texas Exes alumni association, Chuck Harris. They discuss what all Texas Exes does, Chuck’s experiences meeting Longhorns worldwide, and what goes into putting on their massive gameday tailgate

• Hook 'Em 2