Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

27 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Here from the basketball situation.  When is somebody with a microphone gonna get in CDC's grill to ask him for a "vote of confidence" for Shaka for next year?  And when he says yes, please ask him why! 

Do you really think that because he hasn't been shitcanned, yet, that he's going to survive another season?

JFC some of you act like 8 year olds.

• Hook 'Em 5

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Do you really think that because he hasn't been shitcanned, yet, that he's going to survive another season?

I am completely checked out from basketball since probably Shaka’s second or third year so please forgive my ignorance.  Is there a chance he gets canned after this year?  While I was happy to see the successes of this year, the end of the season is exactly what I would expect from a Shaka led team. I was half afraid they would throw a raise and 3 years extension at him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I am completely checked out from basketball since probably Shaka’s second or third year so please forgive my ignorance.  Is there a chance he gets canned after this year?  While I was happy to see the successes of this year, the end of the season is exactly what I would expect from a Shaka led team. I was half afraid they would throw a raise and 3 years extension at him. 

There's a chance, we don't know how much. At minimum, he's on the hottest of seats.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

You are replying to a poster that lives in some sort of bizarro world. His main worry the last few weeks was that Shaka was going to get a contract extension. He’s clueless and maybe senile.

anyway, from what I have heard Shaka’s time is over here. It was over before the acu loss. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

But has he fired Plonski yet?

You can't fire Plonsky.  She's like the Delbert Grady of Belmont Hall.  "I should know sir, I've always been here..." 

43 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

If so, has he downsized her job description?

Most definitely.  And he has ended the formal distinction between mens and womens athletics within the Department.

Reverse chronological order, with poisonous positions in bold:

THE PLONSKY CHRONOLOGY
• Executive Sr. Associate AD/Chief of Staff/Senior Woman Administrator, The University of Texas: September 2018-present
Women's AD/Executive Sr. Associate AD Men's/Women's Athletics External Services, The University of Texas: September 2010-2017 (Total years: 7)
Director of Women's Athletics and Men's/Women's External Services, The University of Texas: September 2002-September 2010 (Total years: 😎

Her latest titles are a wonder of job-naming akin to bank VP of copying services.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, GTNY said:

So CDC got Shaka to leave and doesnt have to pay a buyout? Incredible work

True story- my son that's a senior at Texas called me to say he emailed CDC about the inability of he and his friends to get baseball tickets (never expected a response) and CDC called him and they spoke for 8 minutes. We were about to get off the phone and he saw on Twitter about Shaka. So a fine day's work CDC

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

There have been a lot of negatives on this board about CDC during the last year. I wanted Urban as badly as the next guy but I don't lay our inability to attract him at CDC's feet. If you just ignore the rhetoric and look at the results since the first of the year, he's doing a pretty damn good job. No, he's not perfect but the AD at Texas is a damn complicated job and he's handling it. 

I think in hindsight we will be glad Urban didn’t work out.  That motherfucker is used up.....and he wouldn’t have beaten Mack’s 2008 team if we had rightfully made it to the BCS championship game.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

You can't fire Plonsky.  She's like the Delbert Grady of Belmont Hall.  "I should know sir, I've always been here..." 

I kind of see her more like Milton Waddams

she should have been fucking fired, but the checks still keep showing up sos he keeps showing up and she is good at burning shit down

33 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

yea you simply cannot ignore the shit storm he took over

all the waste and fuckery left over from Deloss

all the fuckery on the women's side to deal with

all the turds of steve patterson stinking up the place

the fact that Texas could not even find an AD after they found a way to flush patterson so they just had to get a temp guy (that did a hell of a job considering what he was handed and knowing he was not there for the long term)

the fuckery going on with university presidents and the BOR

the president that was suppose to calm the storm taking off to Emory not long after Del was hired

the fact that all the bullshit above made Texas a very toxic place to work and coaches that were worth a fuck wanted none of it.....not to mention good coaches like the women's tennis coach were basically run off because they were pissed off about being dicked over on facilities

the Bev Kearney shit still lingering around

the resignation of Ashton out of the blue (or was it you have to wonder now)

facilities that should have been top notch, but instead were simply the best that a lot of expensive turn polish could slap up to half ass back to just below the top 20% of facilities in whatever sport

the challenges of a new arena and all the shit that comes with that being UT in Austin and Austin wanting to get shit for free and only being proactive about stupid ass shit

football stajium expansion

the interview for hiring an AD to Texas when Del was hired was basically.....we have a fuck load of cash, not much to show for it lately in terms of hardware, facilities, saved up cash, we have massively inflated overhead filled with dead wood that shit stirs things, a fuck load of expenses coming up, some coaches that might have to be fired including the major sports, lots of instability at all levels of the university administration, pissed off fans, facilities that need a ton of work, alumni and donors that write big checks and then do dumb ass shit in the press and come around shit stirring, and lots of big name coaches have taken a pass on taking a job here lately.....when can you start!

spacer.png

5 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

yea you simply cannot ignore the shit storm he took over

all the waste and fuckery left over from Deloss

all the fuckery on the women's side to deal with

all the turds of steve patterson stinking up the place

the fact that Texas could not even find an AD after they found a way to flush patterson so they just had to get a temp guy (that did a hell of a job considering what he was handed and knowing he was not there for the long term)

the fuckery going on with university presidents and the BOR

the president that was suppose to calm the storm taking off to Emory not long after Del was hired

the fact that all the bullshit above made Texas a very toxic place to work and coaches that were worth a fuck wanted none of it.....not to mention good coaches like the women's tennis coach were basically run off because they were pissed off about being dicked over on facilities

the Bev Kearney shit still lingering around

the resignation of Ashton out of the blue (or was it you have to wonder now)

facilities that should have been top notch, but instead were simply the best that a lot of expensive turn polish could slap up to half ass back to just below the top 20% of facilities in whatever sport

the challenges of a new arena and all the shit that comes with that being UT in Austin and Austin wanting to get shit for free and only being proactive about stupid ass shit

football stajium expansion

the interview for hiring an AD to Texas when Del was hired was basically.....we have a fuck load of cash, not much to show for it lately in terms of hardware, facilities, saved up cash, we have massively inflated overhead filled with dead wood that shit stirs things, a fuck load of expenses coming up, some coaches that might have to be fired including the major sports, lots of instability at all levels of the university administration, pissed off fans, facilities that need a ton of work, alumni and donors that write big checks and then do dumb ass shit in the press and come around shit stirring, and lots of big name coaches have taken a pass on taking a job here lately.....when can you start!

Pretty good assessment, but the younger demographic around here has no idea what it took to deal with that shitshow. 
Immediate expectations and all that instant gratification entitlement has been reflected in the hate posts.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Pretty good assessment, but the younger demographic around here has no idea what it took to deal with that shitshow. 
Immediate expectations and all that instant gratification entitlement has been reflected in the hate posts.

Respond to my self important bloviations on twitter dammit!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

I don't know if it is a generational thing or just a normal characteristic of most fanbases, but it has been well established that at least half of the Surly populace would make better ADs than CDC, all while coaching the football and men's basketball teams to multiple National Championships, curing COVID, solving the border crisis, and opening the best barbecue/Tex-Mex/burger joint in the world, all the while banging 10's.  It's science.

fify

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

I think in hindsight we will be glad Urban didn’t work out.  That motherfucker is used up.....and he wouldn’t have beaten Mack’s 2008 team if we had rightfully made it to the BCS championship game.

Any heartburn I had over us missing on Urban vanished when I realized he would have hired Chris Doyle as our strength coach

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

There have been a lot of negatives on this board about CDC during the last year. I wanted Urban as badly as the next guy but I don't lay our inability to attract him at CDC's feet. If you just ignore the rhetoric and look at the results since the first of the year, he's doing a pretty damn good job. No, he's not perfect but the AD at Texas is a damn complicated job and he's handling it. 

I roasted him pretty hard for the “vote of confidence” in Herman, which I still think was unnecessary and poorly thought out. But the Sark hire seems good and the Shaka Jedi mind trick he just pulled was masterful and worthy of his title. I liked the Coach Vic hire, but after listening to him over the last few days, I now love that hire. Softball was a great hire too.

If he pulls off bringing Beard, I will vow to never say another bad thing about him as AD at Texas. 

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

I don't know if it is a generational thing or just a normal characteristic of most fanbases, but it has been well established that at least half of the Surly populace would make better ADs than CDC, all while coaching the football and men's basketball teams to multiple National Championships, curing COVID, solving the border crisis, and opening the best barbecue/Tex-Mex/burger joint in the world.  It's science.

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

fify

I was going to mention that we do this while also keeping up with our international super model wives, but Roll Left beat me to it. Many of us make as much or more money than nurses too.

and I happened to win 9 national titles in a row in the late 90s on my PlayStation. So this hits close to home 

4 hours ago, jinx said:

I roasted him pretty hard for the “vote of confidence” in Herman, which I still think was unnecessary and poorly thought out. But the Sark hire seems good and the Shaka Jedi mind trick he just pulled was masterful and worthy of his title. I liked the Coach Vic hire, but after listening to him over the last few days, I now love that hire. Softball was a great hire too.

If he pulls off bringing Beard, I will vow to never say another bad thing about him as AD at Texas. 

The "vote of confidence" in Herman was indeed a shitshow and if CDC (personally) directly misled any recruits/players into thinking Herman was staying then that's worthy of criticism. But if you view the vote of confidence purely as a way to get the national media to shut up about Herman's job security for a couple months, I'd say it was pretty effective.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Dijon Robinson said:

The "vote of confidence" in Herman was indeed a shitshow and if CDC (personally) directly misled any recruits/players into thinking Herman was staying then that's worthy of criticism. But if you view the vote of confidence purely as a way to get the national media to shut up about Herman's job security for a couple months, I'd say it was pretty effective.

If people were misled by that particular “vote of confidence”, I don’t have much sympathy.  It was the definition of tepid / lukewarm VOC that has become “the dreaded vote of confidence” because it is clear that person is skating on very thin ice.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, cochamps said:

If people were misled by that particular “vote of confidence”, I don’t have much sympathy.  It was the definition of tepid / lukewarm VOC that has become “the dreaded vote of confidence” because it is clear that person is skating on very thin ice.

Yeah, the only issue that raises is "why."  But there are a multitude of factors that could have caused that.  Lord knows there were plenty of nabobs howling that we have to be told something.

46 minutes ago, cochamps said:

I agree, but there was at least one insider report that claimed CDC directly told an incoming recruit that the staff were returning. I can't defend that.

7 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

I agree, but there was at least one insider report that claimed CDC directly told an incoming recruit that the staff were returning. I can't defend that.

You know they just make that shit up, right? Their job is to sell subscriptions, not report the facts or be investigative journalists.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1