Help me name a school mascot

Sbbruin

So this should go well.  My son's school has been the "Rebels" for decades.  However, the term is considered by some to be somewhat regressive in a progressive era.  This is California after all.   So they are taking suggestions on an alternative mascot that still embodies the spirit of courage and creativity, but does not conjure up images of secessionist slavers.  Let's have it.

It’s a private school right? Devils or Demons would be hilarious suggestions. What’s the school called? Name flow is important, the Klein Cain Hurricanes out front should’ve told ya. 

Some criminally underused animal mascot names: Crocodiles, Gorillas, Silverbacks. Major lulz that some pansy-ass Cali private school ever had the name “Rebels” to begin with. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s a private school right? Devils or Demons would be hilarious suggestions. What’s the school called? Name flow is important, the Klein Cain Hurricanes out front should’ve told ya. 

Flintridge Preparatory School.  "Prep" for short.  A school for wayward kids, as you would imagine.  

Serious question: why? Is it referencing the Bear Flag Revolt or am I missing something here?

This is obvious but the Rebel name, especially in the South, referenced the Confederacy. Everyone knows that, right? Being in CA, not sure what it means, but it sounds like the school doesn’t want to get involved in the debate. Easier to change the mascot. St. John’s School in Houston went with Mavericks to try to placate alums with a name that sort of meant something similar to a rebel.