Remain In Light turns 40

SnowAggy

In October...

Was curious where you all rank it in the Talking Heads discography.  I think it's typically considered their best album.  In my opinion it's the last album that's not a full on David Byrne vehicle but that could be Fear of Music in '79.

Anyway, I love Remain In Light and also watching the 1980 concert tour footage that includes all the guests, especially Adrian Belew.

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Absolutely #1 for me.  So different.  Opens with "Born Under Punches" which I just love.  "The Great Curve" is an awesome "put on the headphones and chill" song.  "Listening Wind" and "overload" are just phenomenal too.

Yeah, one of the best track one side one tunes ever.

As an aside, if you haven't heard it, go pick up My Life in the Bush of Ghosts.  It was released after Remain in Light but was actually recorded before (held up due to getting clearances for the sampling used on the album).  It really lays the groundwork for Remain in Light, and is a brilliant album in its own right.

• Like 1