Juwan Mitchell is in the portal

texifornia

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

No one at InsideTexas or Horns247 knows why he's transferring, for now.

spacer.png

Regarding Gbenda, I guess a good way to get out of the doghouse for being a knucklehead is for literally every other player at your position to transfer or get injured.

30 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’m actually surprised that anyone is surprised by this. I figured he was gone no matter what.

After the reports of him storming off the field after the last game before the Eyes, I was surprised to see him playing in the bowl game. Only a loss because of our lack of depth. 

10 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Isn’t this the dude who punched a coach, walked off the field without singing The Eyes, and rode the bench during the bowl game? If so, how much writing in the wall do you mother fuckers need?

Yep. This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone He’s been a known attrition candidate for months now, and apparently his grades were so bad, he probably wouldn’t have been able to play in 2020 anyways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone He’s been a known attrition candidate for months now, and apparently his grades were so bad, he probably wouldn’t have been able to play in 2020 anyways. 

FWIW, he's in good academic standing rn. IDK what the football team's semester GPA requirements are (if any), but I'd imagine if they want him to play, they'll make do with a student being on good academic terms with the university overall (>2.0). Apparently. Sources say.

does mensa allow their members to know that portals can go in two directions or do they think they only go in one direction

I am not a huge fan of stocking a team with JuCos or transfers, but in this new era Texas needs to take advantage of being Texas and in Austin and start getting some select players in here to fill known major holes

there have been a few on the line, but G5 standouts from G5 teams that were not very good does not really make a massive difference even if those players perform well once they get here

3 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

does mensa allow their members to know that portals can go in two directions or do they think they only go in one direction

I am not a huge fan of stocking a team with JuCos or transfers, but in this new era Texas needs to take advantage of being Texas and in Austin and start getting some select players in here to fill known major holes

there have been a few on the line, but G5 standouts from G5 teams that were not very good does not really make a massive difference even if those players perform well once they get here

1st-Team All-ACC OL Parker Braun and Cal RB Tre Watson both say hi.

The difficulty is, standard transfers eat a roster spot for a year, which we hopefully can put to better use.

Grad transfers are uniquely difficult at Texas, because UT's grad programs actually have standards. We either have to take kids from academically-inclined schools (like Georgia Tech or Berkeley), or kids with immaculate records at more average ones (for example Hand is looking at Rutgers' starting center, who was Academic First-Team All-Big-Ten his whole career).

As for JUCOs, Herman has no problem taking them, he's taken a few every year. The problem is, the talented ones like Mitchell, Caleb Johnson, or Jacoby Jones, usually went JUCO for a reason beyond football. You have to price in some risk.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

As for JUCOs, Herman has no problem taking them, he's taken a few every year. The problem is, the talented ones like Mitchell, Caleb Johnson, or Jacoby Jones, usually went JUCO for a reason beyond football. You have to price in some risk.

and seeing as Johnson and now Mitchell have both booked, that probably wont be good optics for any prospects we may be looking at this year, at least

9 minutes ago, FCB said:

and seeing as Johnson and now Mitchell have both booked, that probably wont be good optics for any prospects we may be looking at this year, at least

For JUCOs? Eh, those are the most transactional recruitments in football. Don't get beat out by a two-star, and don't throw hands with the coaches or sucker punch a teammate, congratulations here's a starting spot.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

For JUCOs? Eh, those are the most transactional recruitments in football. Don't get beat out by a two-star, and don't throw hands with the coaches or sucker punch a teammate, congratulations here's a starting spot.

thought it was Jones who popped Kerstetter?