Jericho Sims

Goo Punch

• 4 weeks later...

Has he signed with an agent?  i think some transfers are waiting on him to make it official.  I know he's 80% gone but until he signs or actually gets drafted, there's still that gap of ambiguity.  

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

Has he signed with an agent?  i think some transfers are waiting on him to make it official.  I know he's 80% gone but until he signs or actually gets drafted, there's still that gap of ambiguity.  

Signing with an agent doesn’t end eligibility, so that part doesn’t matter. 

Yeah, I meant to type out another part of that sentence but didn't know the term.  Doesn't the NCAA have "approved" agents now, the kind that they confirm aren't giving the early entrants shit like cash advances, cars, etc?  I thought I read that if you sign with one of those, you're still kosher with NCAA.  And if you sign with one not on that list, then you forego your eligibility the moment the ink dries.  Machinator's post a few hours later sorta confirms that.  And like Etexhorn's post after that, I think it'd be helpful for our transfer portal "recruits" if there was more clarity on Sims' frontcourt presence or no presence.  

July 1st is transfer deadline, but early entries can pull out of the draft up until the 7th of July, IIRC.  Would suck for Sims if Mitchell and/or 1 other big sign with us by the end of the month and then he gets the news from the scouts/combine/et. al. the following week that he's very likely an UDFA.  I know those are always the risks and the breaks but with the transfer portal basically being the big recruiting event this particular year, it catches guys like Sims in a real pickle.  I did see one mock draft that had him at the tail end of the 2nd round, maybe that's what he's hoping for.  

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I meant to type out another part of that sentence but didn't know the term.  Doesn't the NCAA have "approved" agents now, the kind that they confirm aren't giving the early entrants shit like cash advances, cars, etc?  I thought I read that if you sign with one of those, you're still kosher with NCAA.  And if you sign with one not on that list, then you forego your eligibility the moment the ink dries.  Machinator's post a few hours later sorta confirms that.  And like Etexhorn's post after that, I think it'd be helpful for our transfer portal "recruits" if there was more clarity on Sims' frontcourt presence or no presence.  

July 1st is transfer deadline, but early entries can pull out of the draft up until the 7th of July, IIRC.  Would suck for Sims if Mitchell and/or 1 other big sign with us by the end of the month and then he gets the news from the scouts/combine/et. al. the following week that he's very likely an UDFA.  I know those are always the risks and the breaks but with the transfer portal basically being the big recruiting event this particular year, it catches guys like Sims in a real pickle.  I did see one mock draft that had him at the tail end of the 2nd round, maybe that's what he's hoping for.  

The Twitter quote 3 posts up literally answers all of your questions

The tweet specifically speaks to exactly what he'll be doing between 1 July and 7 July, precisely?  Okay, my bad on reading comprehension.  Did not see that methodical time frame laid out.  

15 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Best to go to a small ball lineup (not just that game but all season) with that roster.  Especially since Kai and Greg Brown played on the perimeter on offense anyway.   SMH.

That ACU game truly should have been impossible to lose.   They were a team of midgets who shot like 29% against a team with 3 draft prospects who are freakishly long and athletic even by NBA standards.  What a twilight zone we’ve been in as Longhorn fans the last decade.

ACU out-rebounded us 36-31 (18-5 on the offensive boards). Mind blowing. 

• Rage+1 1

On 6/22/2021 at 9:47 PM, Machinator said:

Fuck Shaka. What a worthless piece of shit. He almost burned down everything Barnes did in his way too long of a time on campus. I never want to hear any excuse about him or appeal to his character ever again. He absolutely failed at his job and failed Texas basketball as a result. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Rholl said:

anyone starting to think shaka was just coaching his way to a buyout????    I cant think of any reason things were so shitty

Shaka is a first ballot HOFer at using a mouthpiece and public persona to fail upward. he's the Big Head (Silicon Valley) of college basketball. Actually, calling Shaka Smart the Big Head of CBB is giving Shaka a favorable comparison. Big Head legit did nothing and just kept getting promoted. Shaka has actually been trying to be a good CBB coach for more than a decade now, and despite his performance ranging from meh - impossibly terrible (save three weeks in early 2011), he's found himself getting one great job after another, making tens of millions of dollars at a profession that he is objectively not very good at. it's truly an anomaly. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/22/2021 at 10:39 PM, shadow_operative said:

never forget that he started the ACU game by scoring something like 7 points in the first 90 seconds against that 3A HS JV sized team, only for Shaka to abandon that in favor of our guards bricking pull-up threes and turning the ball over en masse. 

Goddamn what a fuck ass shit fuck coach

16 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

ACU out-rebounded us 36-31 (18-5 on the offensive boards). Mind blowing. 

That stat kills me.  

And Greg Bown, whatever his faults are, is a very aggressive rebounder, and one of the most athletic guys on the court (I mean, the five minutes or so he was on the court).

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

That stat kills me.  

And Greg Bown, whatever his faults are, is a very aggressive rebounder, and one of the most athletic guys on the court (I mean, the five minutes or so he was on the court).

best natural rebounder since Damion and PJ. could have easily been on their level in that category with more PT (and another year at Texas). his misuse is the final example of how insanely fucking blind Shaka is to the strengths and weaknesses of his own damn players. shaka smart seriously be like:

"hey Will Baker- shoot a bunch of threes! hey Roach, how would you like to be our primary ball handler and shoot off the dribble over and over? hey Brock, can you stand in the corner or on the wing every possession and then shoot the three if you get the ball? Prince Ibeh and Demarcus Holland- i'm a coach who's known for using athletes and defenders to wreak havoc on opposing teams- how would you guys like to never see the court? James Banks and Jordan Barnett? who needs you? Greg Brown- you're a naturally gifted rebounder and a freak of an athlete- why don't you follow Brock and Will's lead and stand around the three point line waiting for a look from deep."

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ehm0we5eugmxwgqx5f

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Rage+1 1

Another good game in what's been a strong week at the NBA Combine for Texas' Jericho Sims. Did a great job defending pick and roll, gave his team a consistent option setting and finishing out of ball screens, and showed flashes of untapped skill w/his footwork, handle and touch.

No shit?
  • Rage+1 3

On 1/30/2020 at 4:02 PM, realgreggym said:

Its called development. The worst I ever saw his freshman year was a skinny kid at UH, He came from Nigeria and you wondered how he could walk and breathe at the same time. Some kids have better coaching in high school than other kids, some are physically ready for this level and for some.it takes some time for the light to come on. To write off a young man before his freshman year is over is nonsense and I am speaking in general terms and not specifically about Sims..

akeem olajuwon is the worst freshman you ever saw? okie dokie.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

so, in your mind, Will Baker > Akeem Olajuwon. got it. 

Just stop this crap. Every time you make idiot posts like this, it makes you look silly. How old were you his freshman year? Were you even alive? Were you learning to poop. How many videos have you seen of his freshman year? I saw him live and yes, he was horrible. Did he have a huge upside? Absolutely but he was horrible when I saw him play against us. Just give it up. You're not as smart as you think. You have never been nor will you ever be the board expert. You are a butthurt fan and nothing more.

BTW, how long ago did I make that post. Quit challenging me. You're making yourself more foolish. Now go post a video of the next "hot" 16 year old. That's what you do best. 

• Fuck You 1