Deadliest Catch season 14

TPCJ007

On 4/10/2018 at 10:26 AM, TPCJ007 said:

The Cornelia Marie is back but the Time Bandit isn't? And i'm sure we will hear plenty of crying from Jake.

Jake Anderson has been the whiny bitch if you ask me.  Did you see the pre-season interviews where he walked off the sat like a little bitch?

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much burned out on the series a few years back, although I still watch an episode here and there.  I don't know whether it's me, or the series, but most of the time it just doesn't hold my attention and I don't eagerly await new episodes like I did in the past.

20 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

It was odd that they kept showing Jake talking about having no crab but right before commercial showed him leading the crab count.  

Exactly what I was going to post. I guess the producers hope we’ll all hold down that DVR fast forward button and miss it. 

I'm never noticed this for other shows, but FYI....

If you have Xfinity you can watch the next weeks show on demand a week early.  I had already seen last nights episode over the weekend and went ahead and watched the one that airs 5/1 called Salt Wounds.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

That damn Freddie is a psychopath. I don't think I'd want to be at sea with his crazy ass.

Yeah, he's a helluva deckhand, but his psycho bubbles to the surface now and then. Hopefully they have some heavy duty stun guns onboard when he finally flips out full blast.

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Bill, after a few seconds of deer in headlights after watching a crewman go overboard , musters his 40 years of experience and knowledge, grabs the mic, and shouts “get him out of the water now.”

sage advice, that. 

Bill is a blowhard moron. Just look back to the start of the season where they had to rebuild the main because of poor maintenance. Any fool knows if you have an area on the boat that can hold water there has to be a weep hole for drainage.  He should go back to running a tuna charter.

Edited by RPM

Yeah Bill is just a mouthy asshole. Talks all lovey about one of the deckhands and how good he is, but treats his own son like shit. The son who won't even use his last name. I kinda wish he'd fall overboard. I like Sean, he's figured out early on you can be an effective captain without being a raging asshole like the rest of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

There is no way they can have Edgar on the show anymore.   which probably means they cant have the Hansen's entire boat on the show.    Unless someone is hired to be able to replace Edgar.

Yep. That has to be it for the Northwestern on TV.  Wow. 

Northwestern has to be done...

The estranged daughter of celebrity Alaskan crab boat captain and cable TV star Sig Hansen claims her father sexually abused her as a toddler, while her parents were divorcing nearly three decades ago, according to interviews and court records.

As a result of the alleged abuse, Melissa Eckstrom, now a 28-year-old family law attorney in Seattle, contends in a lawsuit that she battled depression, eating disorders, suicidal thoughts and other trauma throughout her childhood. She also claims that she still harbors memories of her father’s abuse of her as a 2-year-old in 1990.

“I have memories … of being in a room alone with my father and crying out in pain,” Eckstrom stated in a court declaration.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/daughter-sues-deadliest-catch-star-sig-hansen-alleging-she-was-molested-as-a-child/

the only issue I see in SIG's defense- unless some new shit comes to light, is pedo's dont "stop" abusing.   He has a seemingly great relationship with the rest of his kids, they have even been on the show numerous times.

If he abused his oldest daughter, then it stands to reason he would have abused his other daughters from the 2nd marriage.  That doesnt look like it happened.

The timing in SIG's deal is also really suspect, her dad has been a household name for the better part of 13 years.     I understand abuse survivors dont want to advertise they have been abused and they keep it hidden for years and dont talk about it.... but once your dad was famous- say year 5 or 6 into the show, thats when the accusations would have made the most sense. 

Now 13 years later (season 14), this looks a lot more like a new young lawyer trying to get money out of her famous estranged father.   It absolutely could have happened, and I am not blaming the victim, but she has been a legal adult for 10 years, and assuming she graduated law at about 25 YO, shes been a practicing attorney for 2-3 years. Thats a LOT of time to go by seeing your father on the TV every year, doing commercials, selling Hansen branded foods, etc to finally come out and say he abused you.