Deadliest Catch season 14

TPCJ007

There were a lot of factors that worked in their favor. Their job is to pull things out of the water, so they were familiar with that part (crane, hook line, ect). The seas weren't very heavy even though the tide was. Try that when there are 30' seas and its near impossible. The boat wasn't moving very fast because they were fighting the tide and Bill was quick to react so he stayed along the starboard side the whole time. They move past him and it's over. He'd be hypothermic by the time they turned around. You have about 4 min max before you're dead in the Bering.

Personally, I think it all falls on Bill. It was clear to see the crew were having to fight to get the line in the block and he didn't GAF until someone went over the side. Either come to a dead stop and let them get hooked up or run the string from the other direction and go with the tide to eliminate the pull. Jake had the same problem and lost a couple pots to parted lines from the strain. I'm not a crab boat captain so maybe there's a reason they can't work in that direction, but it seems like the way to go about it.

Not that this is earth shattering opinion, but Sig is a fucking dick. If the roles were flipped he would've flipped his lid so bad.

I think Caseys a pud, but i did enjoy the shit talk after Sig...like the little bitch he is...blamed it on his daughter. Man up dude.

21 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Not that this is earth shattering opinion, but Sig is a fucking dick. If the roles were flipped he would've flipped his lid so bad.

I think Caseys a pud, but i did enjoy the shit talk after Sig...like the little bitch he is...blamed it on his daughter. Man up dude.

Yep.  Sig would have gone ballistic had someone done that to him.  He's an asshole.

Yeah he needed to catch crab quickly so he set in between the Cornelia Marie's string and the crab.  He would have pissed as hell if they had done it to him and cut his pots off from the crab.  It's a shame a few more pots weren't tangled so that the CM could have cut off a few more of his.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Yeah he needed to catch crab quickly so he set in between the Cornelia Marie's string and the crab.  He would have pissed as hell if they had done it to him and cut his pots off from the crab.  It's a shame a few more pots weren't tangled so that the CM could have cut off a few more of his.

I'd been very tempted to cut some more of his pots loose.

9 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Damn, that shit ended crazy on the Wizard. 

Them bitches catch so much more than everyone else though. 

Yeah that was fucked up of Monty to tell Freddy that on the deck in front of everyone. I'm sure some of that was added drama for the cameras, but i agree with Keith that Monty is a hell of a fisherman, but he has no fucking people skills or "management" skills. Dumbass. 

Yeah that was fucked up of Monty to tell Freddy that on the deck in front of everyone. I'm sure some of that was added drama for the cameras, but i agree with Keith that Monty is a hell of a fisherman, but he has no fucking people skills or "management" skills. Dumbass. 
Yep. Normally i think Keith is the ass, but that one is 100 percent on Mouse.

Freddy is not a guy you want pissed off at you. 

Keith’s ego took a hit, and he jumped on monte to show the world that’s he’s still the better captain because of his people skills, as he’s yelling fuck you to his brother instead of complimenting his season. 

Monte needs to learn how to apologize correctly. 

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Monte needs to learn how to apologize correctly. 

That's the part that threw me for a loop.  He seemed to think that explaining why he said that is the same thing as an apology.  I thought Keith had a great comment for that - do you tell your kids which one is your favorite in front of the others?

But yes, both Monte and Keith are assholes who have to show off their assholishness regularly.  The way Monte treated the captain Keith sent along was ridiculous.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...