Congratulations to the UK...

Armybrat

Going to laugh when the EU tries to hold UK over a barrel on a new trade deal and so the US decides to give them a similar deal as say Japan and use that to further tighten the screws against the EUs various taxing policies for international companies.

By trying to "get back" at the UK they are going to drive them into the welcoming arms of the US.

Cut off your nose to spite your face...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

but nothing changes today. They are still under the thumb of the EU until december.  Until that deadline gets pushed.

One thing changes. The UK no longer has representation in the EU parliament. They will be even more under the thumb until they finally leave completely. 

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

One thing changes. The UK no longer has representation in the EU parliament. They will be even more under the thumb until they finally leave completely. 

good point, so their problems actually increase today because their opinion doesn't matter but they have to listen to the EU.  They signed onto this?

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

good point, so their problems actually increase today because their opinion doesn't matter but they have to listen to the EU.  They signed onto this?

Not sure they had much choice. They'd be negotiating from both sides of the table if they maintained representation during this time. 

The UK will also continue to pay EU dues until the end of the year, IIRC.

The Brit Parliament is to blame for the failed exit negotiations, and that’s why in the recent election the Remainers & that POS Corbyn got absolutely crushed & pegged like a virgin altar boy  in the Vatican

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So does Scotland hold an immediate vote on independence?

I really hope so. I'm basically cheering for the complete breakup of the UK right now so Little Englanders can get their wish to be an insignificant blip on the map.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Farage's statement captures it in a nutshell.

This is a truly glorious moment. Britain was always apart from the continent, always maintaining its separate status. The `exceptionalism' power of Europe. It was not right that it be increasingly under the thumb of an agenda driven by Germany and especially some kind of border-less and identity-less perspective. Europe's great culture heritage is all about its variations and distinctions. The EU has become too much of a political party rather than an element of commerce

Sounds like the Aggies to SEC speech.

• Like 2

I really hope so. I'm basically cheering for the complete breakup of the UK right now so Little Englanders can get their wish to be an insignificant blip on the map.
They've been that way for a century. It's hard for perception to meet reality when you once owned a third of the planet.

34 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

According to my Brit friends

To be honest, it sounds like your Brit friends are the worst piece of shit chavs.

32 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
48 minutes ago, G650 said:

They've been that way for a century. It's hard for perception to meet reality when you once owned a third of the planet.

They could still own it if they weren't so self defeating and small minded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Not really, they are university educated with long professional careers In education, and businesses that employ people. Nice folks with good families. One is an RAF veteran of the Falklands war.

None of that obviates what I said.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

According to my Brit friends, Scotland has been a big drain on the UK social welfare resources.

But Mel Gibson should be happy to see that vote pass.

90% of the UK's oil reserves are in Scottish waters.  That would more than cover social welfare.  Still, I'm sure negotiating ownership of the reserves will be a complete shitshow if Scotland votes to leave.  England doesn't really have a valid claim though.  They even agreed a long time ago that reserves in Scottish waters are subject to Scots law while also agreeing to maritime boundaries.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Isn’t about like Mississippi threatening to secede?

I'd say it's more comparable the WV ditching the Confederacy in 1863. You can't understand a word either one of them is saying so when they tell you they're leaving you just say ok.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1