Congratulations to the UK...

Armybrat

6 minutes ago, XYZ said:

I don’t understand the animosity toward the UK.

I imagine it's viewed somewhat like Texas is in the US when seceding has been brought up.  If you've never noticed, there's quite a bit of hate and vitriol expressed towards Texas during those discussions.

And the UK actually did it!  Haters gonna hate.  Fuck em.

10 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Texas secede was fostered by russians.  Same for brexit.  This is a victory for Putin and morons.  

So the British who wanted to leave the European Union were deceived by Vlad Putin's minions and/or are morons?

They had no valid reasons to want to leave?

11 minutes ago, XYZ said:

You do, apparently. Why does the UK leaving the EU bother you?

I'm confident in saying I'm most likely the most Anglophile person in this board by a factor of 20. My position is the UK should be running the EU, still own Hong Kong, and generally still have a sizable empire projecting Anglo US hegemony across the globe.

I don't have any animosity, I love Great Britain, I'm shitting on them for letting their most inbred chavs drive them to be essentially a third rate country on par with Belgium, which is the reality of their current situation, because of epic smallness of mind. Behind these hilarious grandiose ideas of trade deals and whatnot, there is a huge segment that truly doesn't realize how utterly irrelevant they've become globally now.

Edited by G650
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Username and stuff...

My username has nothing to do with it.  It was part if why the UK wanted to leave the European Union.  European Union member immigrants was also a big part of it. 

Lord Ashcroft's election day poll of 12,369 voters also discovered that 'One third (33%) [of leave voters] said the main reason was that leaving "offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders."'[5] The UK allows free movement of citizens of other member states of the European Union because it has access to the European Single Market. In 2015, net immigration to the UK from other EU countries was approximately 172,000, compared to 191,000 from non-EU countries.[8]

Immediately prior to the referendum, data from Ipsos-Mori showed that immigration/migration was the most cited issue when Britons were asked 'What do you see as the most/other important issue facing Britain today?', with 48% of respondents mentioning it when surveyed.[9]

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

The UK will also continue to pay EU dues until the end of the year, IIRC.

The Brit Parliament is to blame for the failed exit negotiations, and that’s why in the recent election the Remainers & that POS Corbyn got absolutely crushed & pegged like NowThis

4 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

It’s a fucking disaster for any Brits living in EU countries. I feel horribly for them. Most of the retirees living on their pension are having to move back to the U.K. because all of a sudden their EHIC won’t be valid. 

Pretty interesting that a board that is 99% against Trump and the Republicans are universally cheering this decision. It’s the same nationalistic bullshit sentiment that drove this. 

Pro tip: If Icono celebrates it, it’s a fucking terrible idea. 

The 1% of posters that are Trumpers Gary Johnson voters are the same ones celebrating this decision.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, seven said:

Don't really care if they leave or not, but they acted like some little bitches on the way out. Nigel basically pulled down his pants and mooned everyone while flipping double birds. 

Butt cheeks pressed against the mirror and forcing everyone to look? Could  have a future in American football.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

It’s a fucking disaster for any Brits living in EU countries. I feel horribly for them. Most of the retirees living on their pension are having to move back to the U.K. because all of a sudden their EHIC won’t be valid. 

Pretty interesting that a board that is 99% against Trump and the Republicans are universally cheering this decision. It’s the same nationalistic bullshit sentiment that drove this. 

Pro tip: If Icono celebrates it, it’s a fucking terrible idea. 

I'm thinking the Poles are next, and people are talking about France being restless as well. That could all be hearsay though.

I mean the UK has thier own shit to deal with all the child rapist that thier own cops won't talk about since it's racist/antireligious implications.

The time for “useful warnings” went out the window in 2016 when this country elected Trump (after the Brexit vote) and again this week with the Senate’s shameful display. If you don’t think rising nationalism in other corners of the globe doesn’t matter, you’ve been asleep at the wheel for a long time. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

The time for “useful warnings” went out the window in 2016 when this country elected Trump (after the Brexit vote) and again this week with the Senate’s shameful display. If you don’t think rising nationalism in other corners of the globe doesn’t matter, you’ve been asleep at the wheel for a long time. 

These two show a difference. The first one is an essay on Orwell's thoughts on nationalism.

The other was linked from the first video.

53 minutes ago, G650 said:

I'm confident in saying I'm most likely the most Anglophile person in this board by a factor of 20. My position is the UK should be running the EU, still own Hong Kong, and generally still have a sizable empire projecting Anglo US hegemony across the globe.

I don't have any animosity, I love Great Britain, I'm shitting on them for letting their most inbred chavs drive them to be essentially a third rate country on par with Belgium, which is the reality of their current situation, because of epic smallness of mind. Behind these hilarious grandiose ideas of trade deals and whatnot, there is a huge segment that truly doesn't realize how utterly irrelevant they've become globally now.

Just curious - what part of being in the EU prevented them from being “utterly irrelevant”? You mentioned Belgium being a shitty third rate country who not only remains part of the EU but is actually the location of EU headquarters. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm not celebrating it but I really don't care. Not my country, confused why other people other than acknowledged Anglophiles would give much of a shit either way. If it's the epic nationalistic disaster predicted by some then it will soon serve as a useful warning. 

I'm sure global stock markets will just take it in stride if the bad shit being predicted comes true.  That's why you should give a shit.

3 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

The point you make seems not to take into account rising nationalism in Germany, France and other EU countries, including Italy and Austria. I mean, this can’t be good, right?

(Article that talks about the AfD finishing second in state elections in Saxony and Brandenburg last September.) https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2019/09/09/the-afd-wolf-is-at-the-door-in-east-germany/

I don’t buy the premise that the EU represents some kind of safe haven for liberal democracy. Given the history of Europe, one could just as easily make the argument that, by detaching itself from the EU, the UK is insulating against, not opening the door to, right-ring nationalism in the future.

Edited by Bruno Sardine
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Just curious - what part of being in the EU prevented them from being “utterly irrelevant”? You mentioned Belgium being a shitty third rate country who not only remains part of the EU but is actually the location of EU headquarters. 

I'll return to this when I have time for the more in depth answer it deserves when I have a second,  but the short version is global policy is driven by the top 3 or 4 countries, while the rest get lip service. The EU defacto acts as a country in this respect so the UK just lost its voice globally.

Belgium is the EU headquarters for very obvious symbolic reasons. But that is good example of what I'm saying. Belgium gets an outsize voice in the world by being in the EU. Otherwise, nada.

Edited by G650
I can't spell.

https://vimeo.com/388437421/

Caution ugly nude angry Anglo woman.

Pretty epic how they told him to put his flag down and LEAVE when they made their final speech. 

Yeah, they are gonna leave lol. Gonna probably get scammed on the way out, but what happens if they don't pay? Is the EU army gonna invade the UK and repossess the £250b or whatever?

1580469943268-pol.jpg

Maybe some of you guys forget, the Brexit movement leader almost got taken out.

farage-ukip-plane-_3230092k.jpg

I give em a free pass for "acting out".

13 hours ago, Somnio said:

So the British who wanted to leave the European Union were deceived by Vlad Putin's minions and/or are morons?

They had no valid reasons to want to leave?

Yes,  I suppose the $400,000,000,000 that was claimed they had to pay to the EU every year was a valid reason.  But it was a lie. 

10 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I hate the Brits. They're pretentious wankers with idiotic traditions (eg. Royalty) and terrible food.

Bangers and mash, fish and chips, Sheppard's Pie, Ploughman's Lunch, Full English breakfast?!?  Fine ales, and teas?

Your judgement is questionable, sir.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm not celebrating it but I really don't care. Not my country, confused why other people other than acknowledged Anglophiles would give much of a shit either way. If it's the epic nationalistic disaster predicted by some then it will soon serve as a useful warning. 

This is where I’m at.

13 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

It’s literally Armageddon