Congratulations to the UK...

Armybrat

15 hours ago, XYZ said:

I don’t understand the animosity toward the UK.

Much of it seems to come from political control freak types that want large governing entities.  The bigger the government, the harder it is for those pesky stupid locals to resist anything their superior leaders know is best for them. Much easier to implement your ideas if you only have 1 big government to gain control of rather than convince a bunch of individual countries or local govts.

That doesn't mean that Brexit is necessarily better than staying in the EU (or vice-versa.)  Pros and cons to any major change, though somehow it always gets vastly oversimplified to good/bad.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Pros and cons to any major change, though somehow it always gets vastly oversimplified to good/bad.

Usually you are right, but in this case it is very simple. It's bad. Period.

One thing people need to understand it's not just about Brexit. Brexit is merely the culmination of 40 odd years of terrible foreign policy decisions by Great Britain in its relationship with Europe.

2 hours ago, Somnio said:

Bangers and mash, fish and chips, Sheppard's Pie, Ploughman's Lunch, Full English breakfast?!?  Fine ales, and teas?

Your judgement is questionable, sir.

You know, there isn't anything wrong with fish and chips. But Long John Silvers has better fish and chips and 95% of what you actually get served in England. 

17 hours ago, G650 said:

I'm confident in saying I'm most likely the most Anglophile person in this board by a factor of 20. My position is the UK should be running the EU, still own Hong Kong, and generally still have a sizable empire projecting Anglo US hegemony across the globe.

I don't have any animosity, I love Great Britain, I'm shitting on them for letting their most inbred chavs drive them to be essentially a third rate country on par with Belgium, which is the reality of their current situation, because of epic smallness of mind. Behind these hilarious grandiose ideas of trade deals and whatnot, there is a huge segment that truly doesn't realize how utterly irrelevant they've become globally now.

Pax Brittannia holla.  I will disagree as to the idea that they are Belgie.   The UK never adopted the Euro.  Sterling has been the most stable, safest currency on the planet since Nixon took us off the gold standard in '72.   The english middle class don't care about trade deals, or Britain's shadow of former empire.

What they care about is funding Merkel's misadventures in the Med, and becoming an expat cash-out economy for the Poles and the Baltics.

The white-collar service economy in England is no longer English.  And the English in the southern half of the country are not interested in becoming the french or the dutch.

It's not taxes, appearance of global influence (or not).

This is an immigration-driven decision.  England wants England for the English.

still in play:

This is Scotland's opportunity to shine.

The Irish have to sort out their border.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

HC gets it.

Fuck Merkel, that Stasi bully.

No, neither one of you do.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Pax Brittannia holla.  I will disagree as to the idea that they are Belgie.   The UK never adopted the Euro.  Sterling has been the most stable, safest currency on the planet since Nixon took us off the gold standard in '72.   The english middle class don't care about trade deals, or Britain's shadow of former empire.

What they care about is funding Merkel's misadventures in the Med, and becoming an expat cash-out economy for the Poles and the Baltics.

The white-collar service economy in England is no longer English.  And the English in the southern half of the country are not interested in becoming the french or the dutch.

It's not taxes, appearance of global influence (or not).

This is an immigration-driven decision.  England wants England for the English.

still in play:

This is Scotland's opportunity to shine.

The Irish have to sort out their border.

This is what people don't understand right here. Everything you list, they could have done while not only in the EU, but while being the defacto leader of the EU. It's right in your first paragraph, not that the pound sterling is the worlds safest currency (LOLOLOL), but the fact they still have it. Does anyone seriously believe if Germany had their say over the UK, that the UK would have it's own fucking currency? C'mon man, I know you are not that dense.

Germany wasn't even a country as currently constituted when the EEC came together. Merkel lived in the Communist Bloc. The UK loves to cry foul and pout and moan, when the only reason they are not doing all the things you list is because of their own poor decisions. And on top of that, none of it will change. Not immigration, nothing.

TL;DR The British Empire would still exist if the Brits didn't turn into moaning pussies.

Edited by G650
  • Like 1

Actually, I get it directly from my Brit friends who are not moaning about economics, but the dilution of their sovereignty at the hands of the bureaucrats in Brussels, and the bullying by the Germans. No love lost there for the organization that ignores democratic elections and the will of the people. That is their stance (I am paraphrasing) and they don’t care how much the EU globalists whine & threaten.

The fish I had at a London pub was excellent, but the chips sucked as bad as the mashed peas.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

but the dilution of their sovereignty at the hands of the bureaucrats in Brussels, and the bullying by the Germans.

I realize this. I'm trying to tell you it's a massive load of horseshit. The dilution of their sovereignty is from their feckless politicians, not Brussels. And they know this but won't admit it. No it's the mean old EU and Merkel's fault.

20 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Interesting. All of my family in the UK was strongly against Brexit.

It was a 51.9% vote. This is another bizarre notion, that everyone wanted to leave. If you see a Brit it is a 50/50 chance he is for or against.

For whatever it's worth, of the dozens of Brits I associate with regularly, none save one wanted to leave, and he is 80 years old. But this is just anecdotal. I don't hang out in Darlington, where it probably would be the opposite ratio.

If you're going to celebrate local rule and "sovereignty," you should also support the Scottish effort to leave the UK. Their current Minister would like to hold a vote later this year but, oh wait, Boris Johnson is against it and refuses to allow them to hold a vote. Fucking disingenuous fraud.

Brat, are you going to quiz your British internet friends on that? While you're at it, ask their opinions on giving Northern Ireland back to the Irish and Gibraltar back to the Spanish.

Lotta bitter folks around here. It is a current event... and none of the CR idjits care when they pollute this forum with their vitriol. There are 4 other threads down this page that are no less “political” than this one, so any objections to this one can just have a donut.

Mods can move it if they like, I don’t care. 

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 5

Just now, bolverk said:

If you're going to celebrate local rule and "sovereignty," you should also support the Scottish effort to leave the UK. Their current Minister would like to hold a vote later this year but, oh wait, Boris Johnson is against it and refuses to allow them to hold a vote. Fucking disingenuous fraud.

Brat, are you going to quiz your British internet friends on that? While you're at it, ask their opinions on giving Northern Ireland back to the Irish and Gibraltar back to the Spanish.

I do support the Scottish independence movement. As long as we are fucking Boris, how about running a no lube train on that dipshit nutcase Corbyn..... just to be fair. Yes on the others too. And let Hawaii vote on independence too while we are at it. 

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I do support the Scottish independence movement. As long as we are fucking Boris, how about running a no lube train on that dipshit nutcase Corbyn..... just to be fair. Yes on the others too. And let Hawaii vote on independence too while we are at it. 

Good. Fuck Corbyn.

Nvm. I reread your post. Glad to see you're on the side of Irish sovereignty. What do your British friends think of that?

Edited by bolverk

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Seriously though, do your British friends also support Scottish/Irish sovereignty?

I'm genuinely curious. This isn't a gotcha.

Yes they do support both.

One wouldn’t let go of Gibraltar though.

Edited by Armybrat

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

My Brit friends would like to get rid of them too. Even the Welsh gal. She has big tits.

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Glad to hear they aren't hypocrites.

21 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I mean, everyone hates Corbyn. Why do you think there was a landslide election? It wasn't Brexit. 70% or labour respondents who were changing their vote cited Corbyn as the reason.

7 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

They should have kept Hong Kong.  Gibraltar meant something as a strategic maritime chokepoint when the Brits first took it, but it doesn't really matter strategically in 2020.  Its only recent value has been as an EU tax haven.  That's about to be over now too.  All of the north shore of the Mediterranean is EU territory.  The Brits don't need to patrol it or have a base there anymore.  They are still in NATO and can and will have EU transit rights to go fuck around in the Middle East when they want to.

For people living in Gibraltar, it isn't a Scotland situation.  They wanted to be part of both the UK and EU at around 90% levels for both, but there is no real workable solution for them to do that now.  I guess they could declare independence and be a tax shelter like Monaco while leasing their base back to the UK, and establishing themselves as a common law state.  I'm not sure if that would be satisfactory for Spain, however.  Also, I'm not sure the EU would let in any new city-state tax shelters.

And if they weren't assholes, Spain could give its exclaves to Morocco as a show of good will as part of the same deal.  That will also never happen though.

I love Nigel Farage. Those videos are just beautiful. Love seeing the Euros hiss and scream at him. That feeling of vindication of achieving your biggest dream while giving the biggest fuck you to your haters. Priceless. Wish we had someone with the flair and eloquence of Farage here stateside. The only one who comes close is Tucker 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Lotta bitter folks around here. It is a current event... and none of the CR idjits care when they pollute this forum with their vitriol. There are 4 other threads down this page that are no less “political” than this one, so any objections to this one can just have a donut.

Mods can move it if they like, I don’t care. 

Fuck them. They need to stay in their shithole

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 1:30 PM, G650 said:

I really hope so. I'm basically cheering for the complete breakup of the UK right now so Little Englanders can get their wish to be an insignificant blip on the map.

Same here. We get to see the final dismantling of the United Kingdom. The road to a united Ireland and a Scotish Republic has been paved with Brexit. Shit, Gibraltar might end up in Spanish hands.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Same here. We get to see the final dismantling of the United Kingdom. The road to a united Ireland and a Scotish Republic has been paved with Brexit. Shit, Gibraltar might end up in Spanish hands.

Eff the Spanish.  Give me Independent Gibraltar, or give me death!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Eff the Spanish.  Give me Independent Gibraltar, or give me death!

Looks like the EU is going to back Spain in grabbing Gibraltar. Considering the Gibraltar vote was 96% to remain and considering the economic incentive to be an EU member, the Spanish will likely get their wish.

8 minutes ago, staboner said:

same shit as always. isolationists isolate. UK is just OG america wrapped up gently in a sheppards pie. sometimes tastes good but really interesting if you choose it. party on brits

Wrong. Those of us who are nationalists in both the US and U.K. believe in exceptionalism of our countries.U.K. will never be relegated to the status of Belgium, the NJ of Europe. 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, staboner said:

same shit as always. isolationists isolate. UK is just OG america wrapped up gently in a sheppards pie. sometimes tastes good but really interesting if you choose it. party on brits

I wouldn't lay it specifically on the UK.

spacer.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Wrong. Those of us who are nationalists in both the US and U.K. believe in exceptionalism of our countries.U.K. will never be relegated to the status of Belgium, the NJ of Europe. 

Go back to your country.

• Like 5