Tom Brady’s future

closetohumping

Tom Brady’s future  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he play?

• New england
    • Somewhere else

I was living in Kansas City way back when rumors were flying about Joe Montana coming to the Chiefs.  Sports radio was literally covering it wall to wall....biggest thing to happen to the city in forever.  When it happened one news channel devoted their full 30 news broadcast to covering the "breaking news".  My neighbor threw a party.  Nashville....you got next.

6 hours ago, tokamak said:

Isn't the consensus that he was pretty meadoker this year?

When you're throwing to trash you can look mediocre.  Give Brady even a viable TE and some sort of speed outside and it would be a different story.

Brady's big beef is that he has taken pay cuts way too often but Belichick is a cheapskate and refuses to spend the savings on helping Brady.  That't what would normally, and finally, drive Tom out of NE.  

Final factor though is Kraft.  He'll die before he lets Brady leave town.  Kraft already has Brady set up post-football within the organization and no way in hell I think he plays his last down of football anywhere except Foxboro.

9 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

He’s been meatyoaker for 2-3 years now.

He went 11-1 with 28 TDs/2 INTs and won the Super Bowl 3 years ago. He won the NFL MVP but lost the Super Bowl 2 years ago. He had a 98 passer rating for the season and won another Super Bowl last year. He had 17 TDs/6 INTs in those 3 postseasons, throwing for 360 yds/game.

This season was the anomaly, not the end result of a gradual decline. We'll find out next season if age finally caught up with him, and he truly is mediocre (or worse) now, or if having shit weapons and shit chemistry with those weapons was just too much to overcome. Probably a little of both.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:42 PM, lemonandaturd said:

Brady to Tennessee is going to be like Montana to Kansas City.   Much ado about nothing.  He will get paid and he will put Tannyhill back on the bench or waiver wire where he belongs.  Mariota better watch is ass or he may get cut for Tannyhill.  That would be most embarrassing.  

Marcus is set to become a free agent, his rookie contract is expiring. He was under a 5th year option this season.

I don't know how much Brady has left in the tank. New England lacked weapons on offense, but he didn't exactly show out down the stretch backed by the #1 defense in the NFL.

2 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I’d actually like to see him with the Vikings. I know Cousins had a good season on paper, but he’s a fucking putz when it really matters. Brady with Cook, Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph could be fun to watch shit on Rodgers’ chest. 

I’d like to see him with the Vikings too. The failure would be hilarious.

• Haha 2

On 2/1/2020 at 12:17 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Tom Brady in Nashville makes a lot of sense. Easy division and the inevitable cheating/divorce because of Nashville pussy won’t drain the bank as much as IG thots in california.

Nashville pussy's a killer, so I've heard. 

28 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lol at the idea that he will play for anyone but New England. Have you guys not been watching for the last 5 years? It's the same thing every time.

That his contract didn't allow for them to use franchise tag on him this go around at least adds a hair of intrigue. But I agree that he likely isn't going anywhere