Tom Brady’s future

closetohumping

Tom Brady’s future  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he play?

• New england
    • Somewhere else

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lol at the idea that he will play for anyone but New England. Have you guys not been watching for the last 5 years? It's the same thing every time.

I mean I tend to agree.  But the friction between BB and Brady is very real.  BB doesn't want to hitch his wagon to an aging QB after making a career out of dumping guys a year early rather than a year late.  It's a large part of his coaching doctrine that no one man is above the team, and the season that Brady just had doesn't exactly instill confidence moving forward.  Brady just wants the appreciation that his GOAT career and numerous team-friendly contracts warrant.  Especially when BB rarely used the extra money to bolster the offense, and is utter shit at drafting offensive players.  He'll want some assurances that they'll do their best to find real weapons.

I expect Kraft will eventually step in and dictate that Tom Brady retires a New England Patriot, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.

I wonder what BB thinks about letting Garrapalo go after last nights performance.  Very Un-Bradylike.  I've thought about it a bit, I'd be ok with Brady in Miami for a couple years, especially if it means a kid like Herbert gets to sit behind him and learn how to be an NFL qb during that time.

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I mean I tend to agree.  But the friction between BB and Brady is very real.  BB doesn't want to hitch his wagon to an aging QB after making a career out of dumping guys a year early rather than a year late.  It's a large part of his coaching doctrine that no one man is above the team, and the season that Brady just had doesn't exactly instill confidence moving forward.  Brady just wants the appreciation that his GOAT career and numerous team-friendly contracts warrant.  Especially when BB rarely used the extra money to bolster the offense, and is utter shit at drafting offensive players.  He'll want some assurances that they'll do their best to find real weapons.

I expect Kraft will eventually step in and dictate that Tom Brady retires a New England Patriot, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.

Belichick is 68 and on the backside of his career if not very close to hanging them up.  Without any succession plan, it's likely he understands his coaching mortality and bites the bullet and welcomes Brady back.  Now maybe he doesn't, but then it's unlikely he ever gets back the winner's circle.

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I wonder what BB thinks about letting Garrapalo go after last nights performance.  Very Un-Bradylike.  I've thought about it a bit, I'd be ok with Brady in Miami for a couple years, especially if it means a kid like Herbert gets to sit behind him and learn how to be an NFL qb during that time.

May want to talk to the owner.  Ross already indicated Brady to Miami would make no sense.

39 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

He’s been seen in Brentwood/Franklin TN (just south of Nashville) looking at Brentwood Academy and other private schools like MBA. 

Tennessee is probably not very high on his list.... He's a California kid so the Chargers or maybe Raiders may make some sense but it's probably back to NE.  Maybe it's the Titans but not sure why Tennessee would want to pay him 30m a year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/3/2020 at 9:27 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Belichick is 68 and on the backside of his career if not very close to hanging them up.  Without any succession plan, it's likely he understands his coaching mortality and bites the bullet and welcomes Brady back.  Now maybe he doesn't, but then it's unlikely he ever gets back the winner's circle.

May want to talk to the owner.  Ross already indicated Brady to Miami would make no sense.

Tennessee is probably not very high on his list.... He's a California kid so the Chargers or maybe Raiders may make some sense but it's probably back to NE.  Maybe it's the Titans but not sure why Tennessee would want to pay him 30m a year.

To win a Super Bowl?

He can pretty much do whatever he wants from here. Not work and just spend time with family. Be an analyst. Be a QB coach (which btw he would be so amazing at.) I mean shit…he’s got nothing to prove and he was playing on a pretty damn high level this year. I’m guessing though his wife is like, “can’t we just travel and hang and enjoy ourselves a bit and spend time with our kiddos?” I mean she’s hung in there a long time?

It would not surprise me if he retires or keeps playing. He has zero to prove. The Bucs will lose a ton of players.

He’s got his fashion/lifestyle brand. He could go into politics. He doesn’t seem to be the coaching type or a broadcaster. He actually doesn’t have to do shit if he doesn’t want to.

I didn't like his "And about 40% of people still don't think we won" comment at the White House last year.  Very disrespectful.  Worse than kneeling, IMO.  F Tom Brady.

Has Brady carried his team thru  his feet, and won games on his play thru incredible passes or simply played damned smart thru a system at NE, and has been surrounded by strong squads ?

I think  he’s about the greatest over a career, but I think back on QB’s who won multiple games thru their amazing Athletic abilities.  

I still think I’d pick a healthy Montana over Brady in a 2 minute drill. Call me crazy.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Has Brady carried his team thru  his feet, and won games on his play thru incredible passes or simply played damned smart thru a system at NE, and has been surrounded by strong squads ?

I think  he’s about the greatest over a career, but I think back on QB’s who won multiple games thru their amazing Athletic abilities.  

I still think I’d pick Montana over Brady in a 2 minute drill. Call me crazy.

No loser in that argument.

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Damn I though for sure he would play one more year atleast.  So Tampa doesn’t even make the playoffs next year now, lots of ban wagon gear going to be sitting around.  

Unless this is where Rodgers ends up. I could see that. 

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I still think I’d pick Montana over Brady in a 2 minute drill. Call me crazy.

When you get to that level it's just personal preference. Magic vs. Larry, Emmitt vs. Barry, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2