Tom Brady’s future

closetohumping

Tom Brady’s future  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he play?

• New england
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Quagmire said:

Fucking dumb, if he wasn’t sure why announce retirement so early in the offseason

He floated the rumor before their playoff game. Then he got pissed when it leaked. Then he retired with like a 10 page instagram post only to come back FORTY days later on selection Sunday. Attention whore. I hope he goes 7-10. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

I expected him to wait until Tampa made a move on another QB, then unretire to force Tampa to cut him, then go win a Super Bowl with the 49ers because it was his boyhood team, and to further spite Belichick, and to clown on Garappolo “his heir apparent.” 2022 will be better with Brady and Gronk in it. 

58 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He floated the rumor before their playoff game. Then he got pissed when it leaked. Then he retired with like a 10 page instagram post only to come back FORTY days later on selection Sunday. Attention whore. I hope he goes 7-10. 

It would be his first losing season in 22 years as a starting quarterback, but I suppose there's always a chance.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:28 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

Seems like he’s not a hockey fan or doesn’t have Google. Gretzky has like 10 different untouchable Hank Aaron type records of like the 60+ that he owns. He’s the Great One because there won’t be another. He dominated his sport more than any of these other guys

Absolutely. If Wayne Gretzky had zero goals in his career, he would still be the all-time point scorer in NHL history. That’s a more unbreakable mark than Cy Young winning 511 games, and it didn’t happen 100 years ago….

Edited by Ignatius

He and his wife both talked about how much it was unfair for him to leave her for the last several years doing all of the parenting, restricting her ability to resume her own career aspriations. Uh, welcome back to the NFL? I'm sure his (soon to be ex) wife is thrilled.

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The fuck?

Being 45 and being chased around by Aaron Donalds all day. GL with that. I always thought "he's not gonna retire until he literally physically is incapable". So looks like that's the way it's gonna be.

He would never play this long in an earlier era.

Edited by Pam Cummings

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Being 45 and being chased around by Aaron Donalds all day. GL with that. I always thought "he's not gonna retire until he literally physically is incapable". So looks like that's the way it's gonna be.

He led the league in completions, yards, and touchdowns last year. Why is this year any more likely than the last 4-5 for people predicting him to fall off a cliff and look his age?

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He led the league in completions, yards, and touchdowns last year. Why is this year any more likely than the last 4-5 for people predicting him to fall off a cliff and look his age?

I don't think he's gonna fall off a cliff. I just think the longer he plays, the more he brings catastrophic injury into play. He's too damn old to be getting body slammed by Aaron Donald im just saying.

Of course, i fully expect that he will have complete protection from the refs again, and hits on Brady will be penalized moreso than hits on other players.

Edited by Pam Cummings

37 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Of course, i fully expect that he will have complete protection from the refs again, and hits on Brady will be penalized moreso than hits on other players.

Emotional arguments with no basis in reality are always the best.

PFF also noted that Brady has gotten the fourth-lowest roughing the passer calls per drop back since 2015 among quarterbacks with at least at least 1,250 drop backs. In 2021, Brady only drew one roughing the passer flag, which was well behind Ryan, who led the NFL by drawing 10 flags.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Emotional arguments with no basis in reality are always the best.

Oh of course there's a stat for everything now. And i'm sure they aren't arbitrarily measured, and that 2015 randomly being the starting point has nothing to do with it's convenience for you making your argument.

Edited by Pam Cummings

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Oh of course there's a stat for everything now. And i'm sure they aren't arbitrarily measured, and that 2015 randomly being the starting point has nothing to do with it's convenience for you making your argument.

Ok. Since 2010, he's 10th in total roughing the passer flags drawn. And a lot of the guys above him sure as shit don't have as many drop backs. Anything else?

The Top 3 is Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Matt Stafford. Why is the league protecting Ryan Fitzpatrick?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

Ok. Since 2010, he's 10th in total roughing the passer flags drawn. And a lot of the guys above him sure as shit don't have as many drop backs. Anything else?

I would like to know more recent. Like within the last 2-3 seasons. In 2010 the league was still pretty rough.

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I would like to know more recent. Like within the last 2-3 seasons. In 2010 the league was still pretty rough.

Ok. Brady drew 0 roughing the passer flags in 2019 and 1 in 2021. He drew 4 in 2020, tied for 9th most. It's okay to just admit that you were wrong on this one.

Edited by aggie08

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

He would never play this long in an earlier era.

So fuck him because he plays in 2022 and we should hope he gets seriously injured? I don’t even see that level of hate for Baker or Kyler. 

Getting to the point where i won't feel sorry when he inevitably has some horribad injury. If you were still allowed to hit QBs late on every play he would have retired a long time ago.

You are correct. I’m glad the owners finally wised up and started protecting those playing the hardest job in any pro sport. Imagine how great it would have been had Staubach, Meredith, Bart Starr, Montana, Young, Bradshaw, etc had enjoyed these modern rules. I look forward to 20+ years from Herbert, Mahomes, Allen, and others.
  • Like 1

Ok. Brady drew 0 roughing the passer flags in 2019 and 1 in 2021. He drew 4 in 2020, tied for 9th most. It's okay to just admit that you were wrong on this one.

How about number of hits? I’m arguing for the sake of arguing, but if you don’t get hit, then you can’t have a roughing penalty. He’s gonna get the ball off quick.

Didn’t the league change the rules the year he got his knee whacked? After that, no hitting below the thigh.

The fact remains that Father Time is a mother fucker and you can’t outrun him or beat him. He is the only thing that’s defeated pussy. The older you get, the slower you heal.

36 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

How about number of hits? I’m arguing for the sake of arguing, but if you don’t get hit, then you can’t have a roughing penalty. He’s gonna get the ball off quick.

Didn’t the league change the rules the year he got his knee whacked? After that, no hitting below the thigh.

The fact remains that Father Time is a mother fucker and you can’t outrun him or beat him. He is the only thing that’s defeated pussy. The older you get, the slower you heal.

No, I totally get it. I'm sure he's not at the bottom of the league if we parsed out number of times hit per penalty. It's just--as you say--an argument for the sake of arguing. Maybe he would get preferential treatment if he got hit more, who knows...but he doesn't...so he doesn't.

Tampa has led the league in down-the-field passing the last two seasons, so it's not like his New England dink and dunk to generic white receiver heyday where the ball is out of his hand in 2 seconds. Dude is just a crafty son of a bitch.

I'm obviously a huge fan, but I completely wrote him off two years ago as a Top 5 QB still capable of competing for Super Bowls. Early in the season, he looked legitimately scared to get hit for the first time in his career, and was throwing the ball away a full beat and a half to early. Then they won 8 straight and a Super Bowl. I'm sure that one day, completely out of the blue, he'll start to look old, but I'm done trying to predict it.

Edited by aggie08

I'm obviously a huge fan, but I completely wrote him off two years ago as a Top 5 QB still capable of competing for Super Bowls. Early in the season, he looked legitimately scared to get hit for the first time in his career, and was throwing the ball away a full beat and a half to early. Then they won 8 straight and a Super Bowl. I'm sure that one day, completely out of the blue, he'll start to look old, but I'm done trying to predict it.

He’s been tucking tail for several years, but he can afford to do so. Having a Goodwin, Evans and Gronk is very helpful too. Go routes take little time to throw and are damn near sack proof. With those guys he has some quick, bigger yardage options.

Last year his pressure rate was damn near 50% lower than the next dude (Stafford). #12 best was double his pressure rate. His pocket time was slightly less than Mahomes but PMs pressure rate was double.

His pressure rate his last year with NE was 4th lowest. Worse than only Brees, Jackson and Dalton. His pocket time was longer than either year with the Bucs.

His Bucs champs team was loaded. Both sides of the ball. He was average in that playoff run. Switch Mahomes and Brady, it’s probably 40+ to 6.

Brady’s smart and experienced enough to do his best to avoid injury as best he can. So was Brees. You can’t predict injury, but it’s one hit away.

I guess we can just be opposites. I can’t stand the dude. Pam and I can celebrate if he gets mashed. I kinda want it over multiple hits though rather than just one big one.

I’m not a fan, but Brady is bad ass. He would start ahead of anyone not named Rodgers. 

This is why I can’t stand the dude. People that rub shit in their hair daily and drool often are too vocal.

He’d get all beat to hell in the Bills, Chiefs and Bengals offense. Well most offenses. He would not start there and several others too.

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

This is why I can’t stand the dude. People that rub shit in their hair daily and drool often are too vocal.

He’d get all beat to hell in the Bills, Chiefs and Bengals offense. Well most offenses. He would not start there and several others too.

You’re speculating, just like the rest of us…

Edited by Scooter Monzingo
Fuck it, not worth it..

4 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Aaron Rodgers face would best be observed under Abe Lemons' glass bottom pickup!  Might improve his ugly ass looks.

You’re speculating, just like the rest of us…

That’s correct. We’re all speculating.

But if Tommy’s pressure rate doubled, that’s roughly twice as many hits he takes. That takes a toll on a 40 year old dude even more than a 25-30 year old dude. Burrow and Allen’s pressured rate is more than double Brady’s. Mahomes is almost double. All 4 basically have the same time in the pocket.

Brady is #23 in on target %. Allen is 24. Burrow #1. Mahomes 11. Brady has the 14th worst bad throw %. Mahomes is worse. Allen is slightly better. Burrow is the best.

Intended air yards. Allen, Brady and Burrow are bunched up. Mahomes trails quite a bit.

You can find that stuff on pro football reference.com. The prior two years do really paint a different picture.

PFF had the Bucs Oline #2. Chiefs #5, which is skewed because they ranked Humphrey so highly. Other two not top 10.

Allen’s a bulldozer in the run game. Mahomes and Burrow are way more elusive. Tommy has a better Oline and more depth at the pass catchers although the Bengals are top notch at WR/TE.

Accuracy is not Allen’s strong suit yet he’s right there with Tommie while at the same time being pressured a shit ton more. One’s in Buffalo. One is in Tampa.

So while speculating, I bring some numbers in support of the players as they currently perform.

You probably hate Tiger Woods, Gretzky, and Secretariat as well.

Do you think fucking Mike Brown is doing Joe Burrow a favor by not getting him an o line? I hope Burrow leaves Cincy. Josh Allen is getting beat all to hell and will pay the price for it; he has to have a running game besides himself. And Mahomes is going to be running Andy Reid out of town if he doesn’t get some protection. You can’t have $40 mil plus franchise QBs getting the shit beat out of them. Brady has basically been to a super bowl half the seasons he has played ball. That’s a record that just unbelievable. I’m glad he’s back.
  • Like 1