Relocation Suggestions?

Atxracer

8 minutes ago, troph said:

Coeur d’Alene was what I was specifically looking at. I assume Montana is overrun now knowing how expensive places there can get.

Check this out a few miles from me overlooking buffalo bill reservoir 

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/10-Whispering-Pines-Dr_Cody_WY_82414_M76106-58110?view=qv

Interesting. That’s close to whitefish and that’s not cheap real estate.

Traditionally, CF has been the blue collar town, Whitefish the rich and second homes, and Kallispell was families. First time we visited them about 6 years ago, CF was pretty damn rough and depressing. This past summer it was hopping with new breweries, bars, restaurants, yoga studios, condos, etc. it’s being discovered quickly. If you want a house in the area, it’s worth checking out. Everything is 10-15 minutes away.
  • Like 1

Traditionally, CF has been the blue collar town, Whitefish the rich and second homes, and Kallispell was families. First time we visited them about 6 years ago, CF was pretty damn rough and depressing. This past summer it was hopping with new breweries, bars, restaurants, yoga studios, condos, etc. it’s being discovered quickly. If you want a house in the area, it’s worth checking out. Everything is 10-15 minutes away.

I’ve been twice - to glacier. First time was 20 years ago, last time we stayed in WF. So I don’t know it well. But I love Montana, only issue is how hard it is to get there for a vacation. Second home though? Maybe. CF looks promising if it’s on the rise.

Sorry that’s not the right one. No internet out in wapiti. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/40-Canyon-Lake-Dr-Cody-WY-82414/300533580_zpid/
this one is 5 minutes from town

Much better though the first has killer mountain views . Seemed really remote though. This one is better. Still a super bitch to get to I would think.

Looks like you’re on the hunt though.... spill it. What’s the plan?

I’ve been twice - to glacier. First time was 20 years ago, last time we stayed in WF. So I don’t know it well. But I love Montana, only issue is how hard it is to get there for a vacation. Second home though? Maybe. CF looks promising if it’s on the rise.

United has flights from Austin through Denver to Kallispell. I think it was 5 hours with the layover. It’s pretty inexpensive outside of the June-July peak season. My wife visits every September and it’s under $500.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:53 AM, Brew said:

That is a fair assessment along with it being overrun by the olds, but I would say the City is built around a water based lifestyle. We shop, eat, etc in Ft Myers, but weekends and afternoons are spent on the water or at the beach or at one of the many nature preserves/trails. There is no historical component to the city, so you've got to be there for the water. Within 2-3 hours, we can be in Tampa, Orlando, Miami, the Keys, etc. if we want to go do something different on a given day. I'm also not sure I would classify Tampa or any of the other larger FL cities much differently. I've been to and through all of them and outside of Miami I'm not sure how different any are. Jax has been a complete shithole for a while, but even it has some positives.

My preference would be several different locations from Tampa through Ft Myers. Ft Myers isn't a tourist trap like some of the others, but it gets really busy during snowbird season with people that have second homes. I also have a preference for the gulf side over the Atlantic side although I'm starting to get an itch to make a run to the Bahamas so that may change.

I was in Ft. Myers for work  25 years ago. All of the young folks hated it ( I was young too but coming from OKC, I thought it was nice) because there was nothing to do. I guess they didn't have access to a boat or anything fun. 

3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Take a look at the Eastern Shore of MD. You have the bay, the ocean, close to the Dover track, and close to several big cities. It is affordable and it a great place to raise a kid

Shit load of chickens

Since most of my suggestions have already been covered; Charleston(you're going to do a lot connections in Charlotte), Jacksonville, Tampa.  I'd look at the Charlotte suburbs that are in SC as this is https://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/the-road-course.html close and CLT airport for direct flights. 3 hours to the beach and 3 hours to the mountains.

The other place would be Greenville, SC. Surprising food scene and cultural opportunities, plus quality healthcare, from being the hub for the European auto industry in the US. https://www.peacecenter.org/events/shows-tickets  Don't know if BMW opens up their track there for events or it is strictly their performance school.  1.5 hours to CLT or 2.5 to ATL for direct flights with GSP and AVL to major hubs. 3.5 hours to the ocean. 1hr to Asheville. Could learn to fly fish for mountain trout. Minor league; baseball, hockey, and soccer. Plus Clemson an hour west for pro football or Charlotte and Atlanta's teams within 3 hours. Asheville Tourists have a pretty good craft beer scene at their park. Don't know if they still do Thirsty Thursdays with $2 craft beer. https://www.visitgreenvillesc.com

As touched on look at the tax scene as a whole and not just state income tax.  https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494/

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP