2020 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

On 2/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, Homercles said:

GCU that took the series against osu beat Oregon too. Still shoulda taken the series but they may prove to be salty this year.

Yeah I'm not gonna get all bent about dropping the opening series of the season at GCU. They're a decent program and it's one series in February.

Was glad to see us take the game at Arizona State. They should be good this year.

And yeah, we always start slow as Holiday/Walton spend February and March tinkering.  I'm confident we'll be good this year... can't WAIT to see the new stadium. Everyone I know who has seen it in person is just raving about it.

spacer.png

21 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah I'm not gonna get all bent about dropping the opening series of the season at GCU. They're a decent program and it's one series in February.

Was glad to see us take the game at Arizona State. They should be good this year.

And yeah, we always start slow as Holiday/Walton spend February and March tinkering.  I'm confident we'll be good this year... can't WAIT to see the new stadium. Everyone I know who has seen it in person is just raving about it.

spacer.png

No one “tinkered” more than Augie Garrido.  After Gus, it took me a while to get used to that.  A couple of CWS championships helped.  If they are good (and they are), tinkering is the best way to go imo.

Stadium looks great, but I will miss the name of Allie Reynolds being on it.  The Chief was kind of a big deal, and I thought it was nice for his legacy to be recognized.  Oh well.

Edited by cochamps
  • Like 1

I know Kansas State has a history of booking unheard of low-level teams to make rent, but holy shit...this next weekend Fairly-Ridiculous University?  really Wildcats?  Da fuh?  

On 2/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, cochamps said:

No one “tinkered” more than Augie Garrido.  After Gus, it took me a while to get used to that.  A couple of CWS championships helped.  If they are good (and they are), tinkering is the best way to go imo.

Stadium looks great, but I will miss the name of Allie Reynolds being on it.  The Chief was kind of a big deal, and I thought it was nice for his legacy to be recognized.  Oh well.

They said when the stadium naming was announced that there would still be some kind of recognition of Allie P. Reynolds at the new stadium... they said they would announce it later... I'm guessing at the grand opening series against TCU here in a month or so.  They might end up naming the field after him, or a statue or something along those lines.

6 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

They said when the stadium naming was announced that there would still be some kind of recognition of Allie P. Reynolds at the new stadium... they said they would announce it later... I'm guessing at the grand opening series against TCU here in a month or so.  They might end up naming the field after him, or a statue or something along those lines.

Hope so.  He was a top shelf Major League ballplayer, and that means more to me than a big donor does.  (Recognize that you need donors too).

9 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Better not be the same company as these guys

spacer.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Nice rebound after the sluggish start against GCU.

HUGE weekend coming up in Frisco with UCLA, Illinois and aggy on tap.  If we can take 2/3 of those games, I'll be giddy.

Read today GW Bush is throwing the first pitch against TCU when we open the new stadium 

Friday (2/28):

Baylor 4

Missouri 2

Michigan State 8

Kansas 7

Texas Tech 7

Florida Atlantic 1

Kansas State 8

Fairlegh Dickinson 1 (DH)

Kansas State 12

Fairleigh Dickinson 1 (DH)

VCU 4

West Virginia 1

UCLA 8

Oklahoma State 1

Oklahoma 6

Arkansas 3

TCU 5

Cal 4

LSU 4

Texas 3

Saturday (2/29):

Kansas vas Ball State (DH)

Oklahoma vs Missouri

West Virginia vs William & Mary

Oklahoma State vs Illinois

Baylor vs LSU 

Cal @ TCU

Fairleigh Dickinson @ Kansas State

Texas Tech vs Florida State

Texas vs Arkansas

Tech tied it in top 9 with a yack, then K’d a guy with 2 on/2 out in bot 11, but hitter reached on a PB to load ‘em. Next dude flew out to CF for ballgame. 

“The Whammer” recorded 8 outs, 7 by strikeout. And had a strikeout on a passed ball reached first base.

Good kid. Glad he got the win

Saturday (2/29):

Kansas 9

Ball State 3 (DH)

Ball State 7

Kansas 4 (DH)

Missouri 8

Oklahoma 7

West Virginia 13

William & Mary 4

Illinois 4

Oklahoma State 3

Baylor 6

LSU 4

TCU 3

Cal 0

Kansas State 20

Fairleigh Dickinson 1

Texas Tech 6

Florida State 5

Texas 8

Arkansas 7

Sunday (3/1):

Kansas vs Western Carolina

Oklahoma vs LSU

West Virginia vs Richmond

Texas Tech vs Florida State

Cal @ TCU

Oklahoma State vs Texas A&M

Texas vs Missouri

Baylor vs Arkansas

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

aggy didn't care about this game, obviously.

As for the weekend, glad we could salvage the game on Sunday. Beating UCLA would have been gravy, but really wish we could have handled Illinois and gone 2-1. Oh well... got at least one good win and we'll keep getting better.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:46 PM, Lobo said:

I know Kansas State has a history of booking unheard of low-level teams to make rent, but holy shit...this next weekend Fairly-Ridiculous University?  really Wildcats?  Da fuh?  

Pfftt . . . 

K-State has already played MethU, Utah and Wichita State, and has 4 at Stanford coming up, with Nebraska x2 , the return trip from Wichita State  and Creighton x2 left on the non con schedule.

Tuesday (3/3):

Texas Tech 11

UNLV 2

Texas State 12

Baylor 2

Missouri State 11

Oklahoma State 10

UT Arlington 6

TCU 4

Arizona 8

Texas 6

Oklahoma 10