Lakers' first game since Kobe's passing- starting now on TNT

Goo Punch

22 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

"Usher, we need you to stretch Amazing Grace into 13 minutes."

That's a quintessential American style of singing.  Before we got that gospelish style and all the other derivations of it, people were singing operatically and just mimicking whatever was done in Europe. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Was it just pregame on tnt?  Game is on espn. 

yeah i was tripping earlier when i said that. it was all on ESPN. 

edit- wow i said it was on TNT twice. I just woke up at 9 pm, and clearly i need my coffee. /derka'd

edit 2: maybe report my OP with a note about changing the thread title

Edited by Goo Punch

I was at work and saw the pre-game ceremony. There was no way they were going to win. They were emotionally drained before they took the court. Dealing with a tragedy like this can take a mighty toll on any of us, much less dealing with the loss of someone they all considered a brother and having to do so while being in the public eye constantly. 

I am glad they honored him properly and LeBron spoke straight from the heart which was nice. I do not like to hear Amazing Grace. The last time I heard it was at my dad's funeral while the bagpipes were playing it. Just brings back a sad memory. I thought Usher did a tremendous job with it though. I sing in a gospel choir in the Bronx and this is the style I would've heard it in at church.

8 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Whiteside is 13-14 shooting with 30 points, 12 rebounds and 5 blocks. That's a hell of a stat line.

He has really been playing well this yr.   It will be interesting to see what POR does with him before the trade deadline since he was always considered a placeholder until Nurkic returned.

7 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I was at work and saw the pre-game ceremony. There was no way they were going to win. They were emotionally drained before they took the court. Dealing with a tragedy like this can take a mighty toll on any of us, much less dealing with the loss of someone they all considered a brother and having to do so while being in the public eye constantly. 

Another thing I didn't notice, which Frank Vogel was asked about at the post-game presser: everyone played. All thirteen guys on the active roster got minutes. Very cool gesture, but not conducive to winning.

box score

• 1 month later...