Coffee Barista Refuses to Serve Guy Wearing AirPods

Doc Reeves

4 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't wear shit in my ears, but if I buy coffee from one of those places where they write your name on the cup, I tell them my name is Attila or Popeye or Odin, and then I go stand across the room and act like I don't hear it until Doodle Dweedle the Barista yells it really loud two or three times. "Attila! Attila! ATTILLLLLA!"

Haha.  I do the same but use J. Rambo, Lee Harvey, Chuck Manson and Flavor Flave.   Always gets a snicker from the person taking the order and a raised eye from the other customers when the name gets shouted out. 

Gonna try Derka and South Austin's mom next time.  Other Surlers will instantly blow their cover when they look up from washing dishes in back.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't wear shit in my ears, but if I buy coffee from one of those places where they write your name on the cup, I tell them my name is Attila or Popeye or Odin, and then I go stand across the room and act like I don't hear it until Doodle Dweedle the Barista yells it really loud two or three times. "Attila! Attila! ATTILLLLLA!"

I listen to podcasts when I am shopping at the grocery store, with one ear free or low enough to hear what is around me.   But shut it down at the register.     I appreciate you use of historical figures, personally I just gave myself various titles of nobility.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Change Attila to Attica and your story gets even better. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I always use Richard Nixon and none of them ever get it

If you want to up the game along the same angle, carry a couple of half dollar coins and include those when you pay. No. Fucking. Idea. what they are. You score ten points extra if they call the manager to look at them, 20 points when the manager doesn't know what they are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

If you want to up the game along the same angle, carry a couple of half dollar coins and include those when you pay. No. Fucking. Idea. what they are. You score ten points extra if they call the manager to look at them, 20 points when the manager doesn't know what they are.

Bought a cup of coffee heading out on a flight last month. The barista was ecstatic. She hadn't seen a $2 bill in years. I made her day, and it was only 5:00 am.

• Like 1

I had a cashier tell me that one of the new $100 looked funny and must be counterfeit. She wouldn’t take it.

5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Bought a cup of coffee heading out on a flight last month. The barista was ecstatic. She hadn't seen a $2 bill in years. I made her day, and it was only 5:00 am.

Should have tried to pass off a $3 bill.

6 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Try one of the gold color Sacajawea Dollar coins or a Susan B. Anthony buck coin. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 8:23 AM, RDCanecutter said:

I did that recently at a drive up window. The line backed up a bit. 

The barista in the OP should be fired and so should the advice column lady who wrote that crap about how the barista is a person with hopes and dreams who deserves your full attention while taking your coffee order.  That is the millennial-est bullshit ever.  

• Like 1

The barista in the OP should be fired and so should the advice column lady who wrote that crap about how the barista is a person with hopes and dreams who deserves your full attention while taking your coffee order.  That is the millennial-est bullshit ever.  

Depending on where this occurred, the barista issue may have already worked itself out! Thanks social distancing.
  • Like 1