2020 Dems: Iowa (how it works and what to look for)

bad_teammate

What about people who are at work like at restaurants or stores? They can't vote? And what if you have a young kid that needs to go to bed?

It seems like a model that is discriminatory against minorities in Iowa, all 11 of them.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

What about people who are at work like at restaurants or stores? They can't vote? And what if you have a young kid that needs to go to bed?

All reasons why I'd be perfectly fine with a primary.  I don't think the caucus is a superior method, but I personally don't mind the process.

I will defend our first in the nation status.  As long as the current electoral college exists, were a good barometer of what it takes to win a state whose presidential outcome isn't predetermined.  I'll concede we aren't representative of the nation as a whole, but who is?  This is a big, diverse, weird patchwork country.

• Like 2

What I guess I don’t understand is that we’ve seen reporters in a few locations. We’ve watched the official announcement on the 2nd round and the awarding of delegates at each of them. Even if those delegate numbers aren’t exactly right, how do we not have a rough estimate from the ground yet? All the major news networks -combined - couldn’t find a local reporter for each location?

I wonder which Iowa Democratic Party stooge's brother in law got a multi-million dollar contract to build an app that you could set up in Google Sheets in about an hour at a cost of zero dollars.

Good job, as per usual.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 4

Just now, BradInATX said:

I wonder which DNC stooge's brother in law got a multi-million dollar contract to build an app that you could set up in google sheets in about an hour.

Good work, as per usual.

1 Google Sheet

1 Google Form for each precinct to fill that sheet

This is hard.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Got home about 30 minutes ago.  Pete and Amy split my precinct.  Attendance was up from '16.  Super white rural county on the Minnesota border, 50 miles in from Wisconsin.  We went by 20 to Obama in '12 and 20 to Trump in '16.  Biggest swing in the nation.

So what's it gonna do this year? 

28 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

All reasons why I'd be perfectly fine with a primary.  I don't think the caucus is a superior method, but I personally don't mind the process.

I will defend our first in the nation status.  As long as the current electoral college exists, were a good barometer of what it takes to win a state whose presidential outcome isn't predetermined.  I'll concede we aren't representative of the nation as a whole, but who is?  This is a big, diverse, weird patchwork country.

I think this national embarrassment tonight might be the death knell for the cock ass