Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

100% this. i don't care for the dude, and he's done irreparable harm to the discourse in our country, but fuck cancer.

can you at least appreciate the irony of one of the greatest cancers to American politics, society and discourse dying from cancer while he gets assaulted with 'good riddance you fatass' comments hurled his way?

i don't know how i could possibly wish him a speedy recovery when i truly believe that the world is a better place without him in it.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

100% this. i don't care for the dude, and he's done irreparable harm to the discourse in our country, but fuck cancer.

I'm done being charitable.  My Dad died of cancer.  On his worst day, my Dad was 10 times the man Rush Limbaugh was on his best day.

Rush is a key player in the destruction of America.  The sooner he dies, the better.  Fuck Rush Limbaugh.  I'll burn in hell and laugh while doing it.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

Since this disease doesn't run in my family, it sprints...I do feel bad for him.  One of my uncles literally died just a few weeks ago from Lung Cancer that had spread to his brain.  

That said, if it's that advanced....curious that it's reported at the confluence of State of the Union, Iowa Caucus, and Trump Impeachment Trial.  

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

The dude lived on smoking the best cigars in the world, purchased with money he made spitting venom into American politics which paved the way for others like Tucker and Beck to have platforms to spit their own venom. I hope he thoroughly enjoyed each puff of a cigar which helped develop that cancer. 

The only reason we say "fuck cancer" for even our worst enemies is that our society has been prosperous enough that death isn't constantly at our door, and civil enough that we can all come together for the bitter end.

Rush Limbaugh's lasting legacy will be at the tip of the spear that pierced through our society's prosperity and civility.

So, no, I won't begrudge him anything on this.

Just now, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I'm guessing if we have money in the Surly wreath fund we're going to elect to have it keep earning interest and not spend it on Rush.

I thought Raydog had that locked up from the Corona Virus thread

So I think I got roasted pretty thoroughly back on hornfans when I was acting gleeful at the death of that piece of shit Jerry Falwell.  I'm glad to see that more of you are joining me in realizing that you don't have to be nice to a piece of shit just because they are dead or dying. I have never believed in sainting someone just because they died.  They still did good and bad stuff while alive, and it dishonors their memory to whitewash the bad.

• Like 6

The guy's career was truly launched when he mocked the Clinton reply to the marijuana question in advance of the 1992 election. 

Rush thought it ridiculous and deceitful for then candidate Clinton to declare "I didn't inhale"  

You think post-cigar cancer Rush sees the irony through the smoke?  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Rush Limbaugh has died from lung cancer
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot