Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot

Gil Bang

17 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Even though Rush is a complete piece of shit who spent most of his life harming his country in order to make a buck, karma says never to celebrate the impending death of a human being. 

There is one exception though and it involves a certain orange worthless fatass currently residing in the Oval Office. Karma eventually punishes all who support him and probably decides to look the other way if you think the guy should get advanced cancer. It’s definitely a karma dilemma. 

Actually I think the exception is when the decedent spent time of their own celebrating/mocking the dead. I mentioned Jerry Falwell earlier and that’s a classic example. That fat fuck said that AIDS was the invisible being’s wrath against homosexuals and a plethora of other repugnant (not to mention ignorant-as-fuck) things that served no purpose other than incitement so that he could assume the victimhood/persecution complex when the inevitable response came. 

I only listened to Limbaugh for a grand total of maybe 20 minutes of my whole life. It was boiler plate nonsense that held no value whatsoever, but it was also a long time ago and I don’t follow him in any meaningful sense today. Did he also have a penchant of celebrating/mocking the dead? If so I say have at it. If not I’d limit the celebratory stuff to the ending of his show...

then again that’s pointless because the franchise has been built and there are plenty of far right douchebags on AM radio furiously masturbating over the prospect of taking his spot.

I wasn't following this thread closely-Limbaugh isn't someone I listen(ed) to but for those questioning his 'angle' or veracity, today is World Cancer Day so I don't know if that's a coincidence.

The pharma companies like Merck also pay folks who take their surveys, promote the treatments, etc.

6 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Here's a thought.   You are a delusional loon without a speck of perspective and you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.  Trump and McConnell haven't broken America and they never will.  What they have broken is you.  

None of you idiots understand anything about authoritarianism.  If Trump was anything like Hitler there would be about 50 million Americans in unmarked graves or disposed of in furnaces.  That is what happens to politicians, journalists, academics, and anyone else who publicly states opposition to said authoritarian in an authoritarian regime.  In a true authoritarian regime resistance is spoken in secretive whispers in very select company, not screamed through social media bullhorns all over the country.

So today, Trump is having lunch with the network anchors.  The CNN anchors were told that they aren't invited.

3 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Go back and show me the newsreels of Jews trying to illegally enter Germany.  You don't move to countries where you are worse off than the country you came from.  You move to countries where you are better off than the country you came from.  It is human nature to try to climb up the rungs on the ladder of life, not climb down it.  If there was a legitimate coordinated effort to kill off and imprison Latin American illegal immigrants in the United States then those illegal immigrants would be flooding some other countries' borders and not the U.S. border.

"Hi, it me, a smart person with literally no understanding of German or eastern European history prior to World War 2."

• Like 1

Just now, StruggleBus said:

Someone else will just step in to fill the void. This will have no meaningful effect on anything. 

They already have.  The Glen Beck's an Alex Jones' of the world showed up over the years and Rush kept having to chase them farther down the crazy hole just to stay relevant.

• Like 1

I don't wish death on anyone.  Politically out country would be a better place without Rush enriching himself selling hatred , duplicity and histrionics.

The only thing I found interesting was that on the news when they announced it the other day they mentioned his prior hearing loss, without mentioning his addiction to Oxycontin and hydrocodone as the cause of the hearing loss.

5 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Go back and show me the newsreels of Jews trying to illegally enter Germany.  You don't move to countries where you are worse off than the country you came from.  You move to countries where you are better off than the country you came from.  It is human nature to try to climb up the rungs on the ladder of life, not climb down it.  If there was a legitimate coordinated effort to kill off and imprison Latin American illegal immigrants in the United States then those illegal immigrants would be flooding some other countries' borders and not the U.S. border.

You should start recording Rush now so you have something to listen to in the future.  Over and over.  

24 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Not having listened to him in well over a decade, I'm curious what his position was on the opioid crisis.  Anyone?

Well, since it’s a white people thing and he has personal experience with it, prolly some empathy.

If it were black people on drugs, he’d lecture them about personal responsibilities and values.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Like 1

I’ve listened to maybe 15 mins of Rush in my lifetime. Surprised by the vitriol.

Here’s a list of some entities that are not thrilled as Surly Libs with Rush Limbaugh’s cancer diagnosis. 

Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation

Tunnel to Towers Foundation

Many millions raised. Flame away. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I’ve listened to maybe 15 mins of Rush in my lifetime. Surprised by the vitriol.

Here’s a list of some entities that are not thrilled as Surly Libs with Rush Limbaugh’s cancer diagnosis. 

The irony of your avatar is never lost on me.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Here's a thought.   You are a delusional loon without a speck of perspective and you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.  Trump and McConnell haven't broken America and they never will.  What they have broken is you.  

None of you idiots understand anything about authoritarianism.  If Trump was anything like Hitler there would be about 50 million Americans in unmarked graves or disposed of in furnaces.  That is what happens to politicians, journalists, academics, and anyone else who publicly states opposition to said authoritarian in an authoritarian regime.  In a true authoritarian regime resistance is spoken in secretive whispers in very select company, not screamed through social media bullhorns all over the country.

Your stupidity knows no bounds.  Do you think Hitler had the death camps ramped up in his first few years?  You think he came to power and just cranked up the Zyklon B chambers, eh?  Please, tell us more.   You're obviously an expert. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

This is like the "the economy is great, so Trump must be great" argument.  Maybe without his retarded anti-government blathering we'd have a cohesive, large scale policy to address needs.  

How Does CharityWatch Rate the Veterans Charities on Trump's Fundraiser List?

Jun 02, 2016

After much prodding from the media, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump released a list of the veterans groups that received donations in connection with a fundraiser Trump held in late January 2016. While many groups were excellent choices, others were questionable or even outright poor choices based on CharityWatch's ratings.

Trump conducted the fundraiser in Iowa as a benefit for veterans’ causes on the same night he declined to participate in a televised debate with the rest of the GOP field at the time. On the night of the fundraiser, Trump publicized that $6 million had been raised for veterans; the amounts announced on May 31, 2016 total $5.6 million. Some of the funds raised were funneled through Trump’s own private foundation, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, with Trump promising to distribute them to veterans organizations. Included in the $5.6 million is $1 million that Trump himself personally donated to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation.

The “Donald J. Trump Veteran Fundraiser” list includes 41 veterans organizations. The respective amounts donated to the 41 groups range from $25,000 to $1.1 million. The most frequently donated amount was $75,000. The three highest donations went to: Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation at $1.1 million, Navy SEAL Foundation at $465,000, and Green Beret Foundation at $350,000.

Eight of the ten CharityWatch Top-Rated Veterans & Military charities (as of June 1, 2016) received donations that amounted to a combined total of $705,000 (about 12.6% of the $5.6 million). In addition to these excellent choices, a number of charities that received donations from the Trump fundraiser have low program spending, and four are sitting on large amounts of available funds.

Of particular concern is Foundation for American Veterans (FAV), which received $75,000. Since 2009 FAV has been rated “F” by CharityWatch for having an extremely high cost to raise each $100 in donations and for spending a very small portion of its cash budget on programs ($85 and 10%, respectively, for 2014). Furthermore, in May 2016 FAV’s primary professional fundraiser was accused by the Minnesota Attorney General of sending false “pledge reminders” and making other deceptive statements in its fundraising solicitations on behalf of FAV.

Also poorly rated by CharityWatch are AMVETS National Service Foundation and AMVETS National Headquarters (with “F” and “D” grades, respectively). Only “AMVETS” is listed as a $75,000 recipient so it is unclear as to which AMVETS the donation was made. The Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity, included about $1.9 million in joint costs from a combined educational campaign and fundraising solicitation as part of its approximately $14.3 million in reported total program services expenses in its 2014 fiscal year. Moreover, over 50% of the Foundation’s $14.3 million in reported program expenses consisted of costs related to its thrift store operations, from which it recognized over $2.5 million in merchandise sales. After reallocating this $9.3 million in joint costs and thrift store related expenses from program services to fundraising, the Foundation spent only 29% of its budget on charitable veterans programs in fiscal 2014.

Although not rated a letter grade by CharityWatch, Disabled American Veterans Charitable Service Trust (the Trust) is another veterans group that CharityWatch would encourage donors to research further before pledging a donation. The Trust had an extremely high program percentage in 2014, but a large portion of its donations are passed on as grants to its related organization, Disabled American Veterans (DAV). The Trust’s only program consists of making grants to other veterans organizations, and about half of the total grants made by the Trust in 2013-2014 went to DAV. DAV, however, spent only 50% of its cash budget on programs in 2013-2014, and had a $56 cost to raise every $100 in funds in 2014, yielding a “D” grade from CharityWatch. (For more on the relationship between the Trust & DAV click here.)

It is also somewhat unfortunate that the two highest donations went to charities that do not have an urgent need for funds: Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation and Navy SEAL Foundation. Given that charitable dollars are limited and society’s needs, especially those of veterans, are not, it is vital that charities do not hoard the funds they raise. CharityWatch believes that it is reasonable for a charity to hold less than three years worth of available assets in reserve for financial stability and possible future needs. Once a charity’s asset reserves meet or exceed this three-year mark, we reduce its letter grade rating. At the end of 2014 Navy SEAL Foundation already had enough funds accumulated to cover over four-years’ worth its annual budget. For this reason, CharityWatch downgrades its letter grade rating from an “A+” to a “C+”. Although Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation is not rated by CharityWatch, we have calculated that the charity is sitting on over three-years’ worth its budget as of year-end 2014. Freedom Alliance and Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society are other high asset charities that each received $75,000 donations from the Trump fundraiser. CharityWatch calculated that Freedom Alliance and Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society had 4.4 and 3.0 years of available assets, respectively, relative to their annual budgets as of year-end 2014.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Maybe if he didn't spend more than a decade talking about how second hand smoke doesn't cause lung cancer, the schadenfreude wouldn't be so sweet when he got lung cancer. Think if jenny mccarthy got the measles because she refused a vaccine - it's hard to feel sorry for people who are hoisted by their own petard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Someone else will just step in to fill the void. This will have no meaningful effect on anything. 

I don't think so. Limbaugh is a brilliant radio entertainer. It's not just content that drew his audience; it's his persona. He's loved as well as believed.

Glen Beck is a loon. Hannity and Graham are not the least bit personable.

Limbaugh sounds like an amusing,  hhwinking friend. He is not non stop bile. He can make you laugh. His self glorification is done with a twinkle in his eye.

I'd be a fan had he bent his talent to something benign, but he uses his talent to sugar coat hate. Hate the illusory libs he largely invented (juden that you can't exterminate because they don't actually exist), feminazis, environmental wackos, and the satanic Clinton's with their hidden agendas and narratives.

These aren't fellow citizens; they're vile enemies who must be destroyed before they destroy us!

Piss on Rush Limbaugh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

The fact that you’re surprised by the vitriol makes me believe you are telling the truth about not having listened. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who dresses these guys?  Are there no competent tailors . . . even competent sales guys at Nordstrom . . . who can help them get into a suit that fits right?

Very funny. I mean its not even close. 

Jeffery Epstein reportedly gave over $1.8 million to various charities between 2015-2017.  Still glad he’s dead.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

Jeffery Epstein reportedly gave over $1.8 million to various charities between 2015-2017.  Still glad he’s dead.

Stairway to Heaven?

Nah, Highway to Hell.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

The fact that you’re surprised by the vitriol makes me believe you are telling the truth about not having listened. 

I have no reason to lie. 

25 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Fair point. Although Rush’s philanthropy was at least an order of magnitude bigger and was through repeated efforts over many years. And Epstein was obviously an entirely different animal. I hope people here can agree on that. 

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Maybe if he didn't spend more than a decade talking about how second hand smoke doesn't cause lung cancer, the schadenfreude wouldn't be so sweet when he got lung cancer. Think if jenny mccarthy got the measles because she refused a vaccine - it's hard to feel sorry for people who are hoisted by their own petard.

This second hand smoke thing really has people worked up. I’ll have to google it later. 

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I have no reason to lie. 

Fair point. Although Rush’s philanthropy was at least an order of magnitude bigger and was through repeated efforts over many years. And Epstein was obviously an entirely different animal. I hope people here can agree on that. 

I just think this is cool.  I can sell lies, turn an entire generation into bitter automatons, and be an architect of utterly breaking a democracy, but as long as I donate a shitload of money to Easter Seals or whatnot, it's all good.

Fascinating.

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I just think this is cool.  I can sell lies, turn an entire generation into bitter automatons, and be an architect of utterly breaking a democracy, but as long as I donate a shitload of money to Easter Seals or whatnot, it's all good.

Fascinating.

Looks like it’s time for me to step aside.

I’m not nearly up to speed on Rush Limbaugh’s crimes against humanity. This is the definition of Surly Lib’s wheelhouse. Hopefully he can survive past Bernie’s inauguration so some kind of special tribunal can be set up and Rush can be dealt with appropriately. 

I’m not nearly up to speed on Rush Limbaugh’s crimes against humanity. This is the definition of Surly Lib’s wheelhouse. Hopefully he can survive past Bernie’s inauguration so some kind of special tribunal can be set up and Rush can be dealt with appropriately. 

So you have no idea about the effects of right wing talk radio. Very interesting. Not credible, troll - but interesting.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So you have no idea about the effects of right wing talk radio. Very interesting. Not credible, troll - but interesting.

I don’t listen to news talk radio. I’m not old. I do suspect that you’re assigning a little too much credit for America’s downfall to Rush. Or maybe you’re right and he is evil incarnate. 

Just now, GRHorn said:

I don’t listen to news talk radio. I’m not old. I do suspect that you’re assigning a little too much credit for America’s downfall to Rush. Or maybe you’re right and he is evil incarnate. 

Claims to not know anything about the topic at hand, proceeds to tell you why you’re wrong and he’s right...

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Claims to not know anything about the topic at hand, proceeds to tell you why you’re wrong and he’s right...

Yep. Pure troll of the “just asking questions” variety.

To not know the effect Rush has had over the past thirty years rehires you to have lived under a rock...or be a lying troll.

34 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This is a quality post.

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Were you not listening to him at the same time you weren't voting for and continuing to support Trump?

Edited by RomaVicta

6 hours ago, Bullneck said:

You should start recording Rush now so you have something to listen to in the future.  Over and over.  

Actually I already  have their Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Exit Stage Left, SIgnals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Vapor Trails, and Roll the Bones albums plus a copy of Beyond the Gilded Cage.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

Actually I already  have their Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Exit Stage Left, SIgnals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Vapor Trails, and Roll the Bones albums plus a copy of Beyond the Gilded Cage.

So no 2112?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

This second hand smoke thing really has people worked up. I’ll have to google it later. 

On 2/3/2020 at 4:19 PM, Captainant said:

Fuck him. He's been spreading lies about the dangers of second hand smoke for ages

source

On top of a mountain of other reprehensible and incorrect bullshit

Reveal hidden contents

Rush on nicotine:

“There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.”

Rush on the genocide of American Indians:

“Columbus saved the Indians from themselves.”

Rush on Michael J Fox having parkinsons disease:

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Rush on African Americans voting:

“[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

Rush on the NFL:

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

Rush on global warming:

“If you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in man-made global warming."

Rush on global warming 2:

"Global warming relies on the theory that we are destroying ecosystems. There is no evidence that we could destroy ecosystems."

Rush on global warming 3:

"For years I’ve pointed out that global warming is bogus."

Rush on feeding poor children in public school:

“If you feed them, if you feed the children, three square meals a day during the school year, how can you expect them to feed themselves in the summer? Wanton little waifs and serfs dependent on the State. Pure and simple.”

Rush on a 13 year old girl:

"Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?” (Rush Limbaugh, while holding up a photograph of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton)

Rush on exercise:

“Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.”

Rush on feminism:

"Feminism has led women astray. I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it.”

Rush on LGBT:

“When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.”

Rush on people in the military who didn't support the Iraq War:

"The phony soldiers."

Rush on women:

"Women still live longer than men because their lives are easier."

Rush on women protesting sexual harassment:

“They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.”

Rush on the homeless population:

"Isn't that how the homeless became homeless? They used to be institutionalized and a bunch of liberals came along and said, "They have rights! You can't keep them there"?"

Rush on the heterosexuality:

"Heterosexuality may be 95, 98 percent of the population. [Heterosexuality is] under assault by the 2 to 5 percent that are homosexual.”

Rush on legalizing gay marriage:

I simply asked you to think what was your first reaction when you heard first about gay marriage? And I said you’re probably having the same reaction here. And gay marriage is now standard, normal operating procedure. [Pedophilia] could be, too.

Rush on what criminals look like:

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”.

Rush on Sandra Fluke who testified that women should have access to affordable contraceptives:

"It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We're the pimps. (interruption) The johns? We would be the johns?

The world is a better place with limbaugh in the ground.

also, lol

I did you a favor and linked directly to rushlimbaugh.com for his own transcript of him being a shit bag a few pages ago. I also included a bunch of his other terrible things he's said because they exist. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Rush Limbaugh has died from lung cancer
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot