Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot

Gil Bang

On 2/8/2020 at 6:52 AM, Bookman said:

Rush isn't all that intelligent, but he is good at figuring out people, and he understood that his listeners love simple messages and raw emotion. Rush is very good at taking a complicated issue, pretending it isn't complicated, and explaining it at a level his listeners can understand. And the message was always "Republicans are good, Democrats are evil, and if you agree then you're smart and they're stupid."

His listeners love that shit. When they listen they feel entertained, informed and educated, and they don't have to spend any energy actually thinking about a topic. They feel confident in their view of the world because Rush was there every weekday telling them how smart they were. And the show is filled with other people, like them, who'd call in with "major dittos."

That's a significant portion of America, and they're going to miss him. I'm not sure if someone can take his place.

When Rush dies, there will be one fewer dishonest charlatan on the airwaves.

One thousand times this.  Back in the  80s and early 90s  my bil was aware that he knew nothing about most everything. Great guy, but the low achiever in the family, and the only one without a college degree.  Not that a college degree is a sign of smarts, but his educational failure was linked to his lack of critical thinking, reading skills, etc  

Fast forward to today, he is convinced that he knows everything you need to know about any political topic, and that his highly educated multiple degree holding siblings are now misguided.  Or, as he puts it, "libtards are stupid."      Even today he can't really articulate anything deeper than the shallow Fox talking point, but he is full on convinced he is right even though he cannot begin to explain what he means when pressed on it.  He gets mad because YOU are a dummy.    I think that is a large part of what draws the Trumpkins - - when they join the club they can ignore all of the people who acted so smart-like.    Now THEY are the smart ones.    YOU'RE THE DUMB ONE!!   <insert Trump You're the puppet! gif> 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Rush will leave quite a legacy very soon when he dies - he’s one of the only people who could compete with Trump for being the biggest asshole America has ever known.

he was the one who spread the devil seed. Trump is the mutant offspring. They both deserve hell, if it exists

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

his tombstone better be urine proof

He has done so much in his life to create strife and division and apparently having cancer has not made him want to have a single ounce of repentance for what he has done. He was given a chance to do the right thing and instead he has doubled and tripled down on making sure that all the negative things he has done in his life live on long after he has given up the ghost. What a sad way to live out the final part of his life.

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

he was the one who spread the devil seed. Trump is the mutant offspring. They both deserve hell, if it exists

As much as I want to wish this upon each of them at times I won't. They are both miserable human beings and each thrives on making other people as miserable as they are internally. It's sad that one of them is the president and is capable of causing millions of people to suffer just because it brings him joy in a very sadistic way.

As with Trump, Limbaugh is an enemy of enlightenment.  In his radio syndicate heyday, he took way too much pleasure satirizing any news story involving gay and lesbian (LGBTQ wasn't an acronym then) issues with "You Don't Know Me" as background music.  When he croaks, I will tip my hat to Clarence Darrow:

"All men have an emotion to kill; when they strongly dislike some one they involuntarily wish he was dead. I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction."

• Like 4

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

‘Barack the Magic Negro’ 

"The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

"I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?" 

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies." 

Responding to a caller who said black people should have a greater voice on issues: "They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?" 

[To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”

On Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown law student who testified before Congress about the importance of health insurance covering birth control: "What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex — what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute."

On the dangers of secondhand smoking, and smoking in general: "That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed. There is no fatality whatsoever. There's no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you...Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does. Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it's true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots ... I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I'm saying."

And those were just the more outlandish statements. The truth is that in between those sound-bytes lay vast oceans of hallucinations, baseless speculations, fantasies, distortions, contortions, and outright lies. As I said before, he had nothing useful to contribute, he was wrong about damn near everything, yet he and his idiot ditto heads seriously believe that he’s some sort of philosopher. This is the Dunning Kruger effect run amok. 

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

On the dangers of secondhand smoking, and smoking in general: "That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed. There is no fatality whatsoever. There's no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you...Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does. Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it's true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots ... I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I'm saying."

I'm pretty sure you can draw a direct link between this unscientific thinking on smoking to climate change denial and now Covid skepticism. It's like he picked up the mantle of his anti-evolution predecessors and ran with it to his famed golden toilet..

Now, I will confess that I used to smoke back during Rush's 1990s heyday, because I was dumb and felt indestructible. I even picked it back up again after getting a divorce, because I was dumb and felt self-destructive. But, never for a moment, did I ever vocally express doubt that it was bad for me or think it wouldn't cause lung cancer or any other associated respiratory/cardiovascular ailments. That's just crazy talk.

How many countless others though has he influenced to deny smoking is bad, pollution is killing the environment, or Covid is a hoax? It's got to be in the hundreds of thousands if not millions. And as any other white male Gen Xer Texan, I also ask myself how many of my formerly thoughtful, intelligent, and apolitical high school friends did he lead down the brain-dead ditto path to Fox News programming and today's Trumpism? Probably a lot.

This motherfucker was (is) one of the biggest turds in the punch bowl who poisoned political discourse, social responsibility, and civic awareness in America during our lifetimes. So, yeah, I'm definitely not going to shed a tear when god decides to finally "Flush Rush."

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

One thousand times this.  Back in the  80s and early 90s  my bil was aware that he knew nothing about most everything. Great guy, but the low achiever in the family, and the only one without a college degree.  Not that a college degree is a sign of smarts, but his educational failure was linked to his lack of critical thinking, reading skills, etc  

Fast forward to today, he is convinced that he knows everything you need to know about any political topic, and that his highly educated multiple degree holding siblings are now misguided.  Or, as he puts it, "libtards are stupid."      Even today he can't really articulate anything deeper than the shallow Fox talking point, but he is full on convinced he is right even though he cannot begin to explain what he means when pressed on it.  He gets mad because YOU are a dummy.    I think that is a large part of what draws the Trumpkins - - when they join the club they can ignore all of the people who acted so smart-like.    Now THEY are the smart ones.    YOU'RE THE DUMB ONE!!   <insert Trump You're the puppet! gif> 

It’s just Fredos all the way down.

• Like 3

Just now, Turkleton said:

That guy on the radio doesn't have my narrative so I want him to die......

"When they go low, we go high"

I want the guy to die because the world, and this country, will be a much better place when he is spewing his hate to millions.

also, the quotes in the thread title make me laugh every time this thread is bumped. Anybody else?

31 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

Actually, wanting fascists to die is about the most American thing there is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Turkleton said:

You missed the 2nd part of the quote:

"When they go low, we go high, and when Rush Limbaugh goes, we laugh".

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

I see the snowflakes are out today.  Always said this on the Shag, you neg in the CR you are a complete pussy. This is how I know if the civil war ever gets hot, it will be a short one.

Guy complaining about internet reputation points calls others snowflakes. Settle down, Nancy. I’m sure you’ll kill a bunch of libs in your shoot em up fantasy land

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

I see the snowflakes are out today.  Always said this on the Shag, you neg in the CR you are a complete pussy. This is how I know if the civil war ever gets hot, it will be a short one.

Hits close to home, had some pussy in my face this morning. No mask 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i have a feeling this is all a work.  he'll come on one day and say he's totally cured, then live 20 more years.

If this happened, he would then sell his "cure" for $19.95 a jar and make millions of dollars while the people that bought it would continue to die from their actual cancer.

32 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

You’re implying a threat of violence to defend these statements:

Barack the Magic Negro’ 

"The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

"I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?" 

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies." 

Responding to a caller who said black people should have a greater voice on issues: "They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?" 

[To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”

Think about that for a minute and what it says about you. And @BearSchlong it’s pretty fucked up that you feel the need to prop up this asshole.

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

You’re implying a threat of violence to defend these statements:

Barack the Magic Negro’ 

Think about that for a minute and what it says about you. And @BearSchlong it’s pretty fucked up that you feel the need to prop up this asshole.

Violence from that pussy would be easy as hell to end.  Because, well, hes' a pussy. 

54 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

It will be. There actually aren't that many of you morons willing to fight, most of you are grossly overweight, you're all complete idiots, and we've got a lot more guns than you realize.

You think your side has the will because y'all get furious over being temporarily denied haircuts. You don't know righteous anger. Your political resentments will end up resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans because you couldn't stand the thought of a black president or the sight of gay people on tv. If you morons start shit, we'll show you real fury.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Selling them cluster munitions to drop on brown people would be the most American thing there is. 

underrated post.  nice.

good lord.  this site is always a good reminder that we are the virus.

Civil war?  You drive a dually with a confederate flag on a flag pole, don't you?  

2 hours ago, Turkleton said:

The civil war ended 155 years ago. Spoiler alert: your side lost. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Civil war?  You drive a dually with a confederate flag on a flag pole, don't you?  

Governor Hot Wheels down there in Texas will be leading them into battle with scores of scooters behind him. It's best to just vacate the country now before this marauding horde gets us all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkleton said:

spacer.png

Edited by UpperWestside

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The internet needs a bot that automatically takes any picture of a confederate flag posted online and replaces it with a white flag.

Twitter needs a bot that automatically sends every Dotard tweet directly back to him and no one else. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Pretty badly, too. When Lee surrendered, the Army of Northern Virginia was shoeless and starving. 

Grant and Sherman whipped dat ass.

No you see the South was playing the really long game. That starving and shoeless part is just fake news. 

3 hours ago, Turkleton said:

If it makes you feel better there are about 100 of us that don't neg that often in CR and think you are stupid in addition to the 20 or so that did neg rep you.

• Like 7

Go back to texags.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Rush Limbaugh has died from lung cancer
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot