Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot

Gil Bang

14 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

You and I both know there is no such thing as Karma. I get not celebrating cancer or the dirt nap that waits us all. But if there was such a thing as Karma it needs to recalibrated.

10 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Maybe having 60% of the country revel in his suffering and cheer his death is Limbaugh's karma. Who are we to deprive him of his karma? 

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Sorry, was only quoting you b/c I seem to have interacted more with you on this side of the house.  Or at least pay attention to your posts quite a bit.  Nothing attack-ish was meant on my part.

I didn't take it as such at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Oh fuck off. Disdain, disgust, hatred, or reveling in cancer-related death for Rush is not because of "politics". It is due to decades of thought, word, and deeds targeting and causing harm to large groups of disenfranchised people. Crawl through his bio and tell me his comments about women and African Americans are about politics. He is a uniquely malignant force in America and it is not because of tax policy or farm subsidies.

Rush is a piece of shit. 

I don't find anything particularly warming in my soul about spiking the football on him, or anyone else for that matter, over a cancer diagnosis though. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Rush is a piece of shit. 

I don't find anything particularly warming in my soul about spiking the football on him, or anyone else for that matter, over a cancer diagnosis though. 

Fuck him. He is cancer. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, slorch said:

so all of this time, Rush has been a Democrat?   LOlz.

I imagine a crowded train station. Some of the people have found seats on comfortable benches, benches so comfortable that many of them fall asleep. The fall into dreams so deep that they don't hear the roar of the train stopping, collecting passengers, and roaring off again.

Eventually, they all wake up around the same time. They look at each other and laugh.

"All those idiots all wandered off. Now we're the only ones who will catch the train." They nod smugly at one another in silent congratulation for their shared wisdom.

For hours they ridicule those gone from the station as they wait in certainty for the train that has passed them by.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Couldn't agree more, but probably not for the reasons you think...

Plenty of folks are very damned convinced.

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Cancer karma is a bitch. Do what you will fellas under whatever cloak of justification you need. 

I like the posture of just simply stating "fuck cancer".

Rush is getting his karma but is still owed more. Fuck cancer and fuck rush more, he deserves pain.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Rush is a piece of shit. 

Valid, but not quite apt for everyone on this thread.

I didn't wish cancer upon him and don't celebrate his diagnosis. He is, however, on his way out. I think the world will be a better place. Like I said above, I'm not killing him. I'd guess that I have more empathy for him than most of his followers would have for the death of any of the women of color he uses as a punching bags (without the guts to face any of them in person) or me for that matter.

At first, I was surprised that he threw in with Trump. Now that this thread has forced me to think about it, I see that he is actually the uberTrump. He's turned half a billion dollars with smooth lies, name-calling, and adeptness with mass media. He was a secret drug abuser who scorned drug abusers.

Trump is more damaging to the country, but he does face challengers in open debate. Imagine being less courageous than Donald Trump. That's the low we're talking about with Limbaugh.

Nope, I don't feel bad about what fate has delivered him. Fuck him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, slorch said:

Couldn't agree more, but probably not for the reasons you think...

Plenty of folks are very damned convinced.

Just keep waiting on that train, my friend. It will be here any minute to confirm your convictions. All aboard the train will celebrate you and like-minded friends for not only waiting for the train but saving it from calamity.

Godspeed!

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Rush is a piece of shit. 

I am somewhat in agreement with you on the overall appropriateness of wishing cancer on anyone. I agree with Roma (and I am sure others) that any wish I have to this effect has no effect on the outcome re: Rush, but I also believe that wishing bad thoughts causes self-damage, in that it makes it easier and easier to wish or cause harm on others.

That being said, I think it was disingenuous to claim that this wish is because of politics. It removes any focus on the abject piece of shit Rush is. Intentionally or not, you minimized the cause of the reaction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I also believe that wishing bad thoughts causes self-damage, in that it makes it easier and easier to wish or cause harm on others.

Underpins the political death spiral, imo. And is exactly what Rush traffics in, and the danger he represents. 

Edited by Anastasis

Underpins the political death spiral, imo. And is exactly what Rush traffics in, and the danger he represents. 

Shows what a truly abhorrent piece of shit he was. He is more responsible for Trump than Trump. He is a large part of the Genesis of morally bankrupt partisan hate, as he was not concerned with issues, but demonization of the other side while ignoring even spin version truth. He was,and is, a toxic, racist, misogynistic liar.

This cancer surviver hopes then run out of morphine at his Hospice because of Trump’s mail slowdown.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Shows what a truly abhorrent piece of shit he was. He is more responsible for Trump than Trump. He is a large part of the Genesis of morally bankrupt partisan hate, as he was not concerned with issues, but demonization of the other side while ignoring even spin version truth.

Imagine what he could have done had he emerged in the time of twitter...

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

Nobody ever considers Rush being the karmatic response to their own political fucktoolery.

LOLz. Karma starts with that other guy...

Ah, yes, and Joseph Goebbels actually was just a karmic response to the German left.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Ah, yes, and Joseph Goebbels actually was just a karmic response to the German left.

According to Goebbels and the other German heads it would have been the Jews.   Our heads blame immigrants such as Latinos with some antisemitism.  However, if they directly contributed funds into RW coffers, they could probably buy their way into the Republican brand.  Case in point--Kushner was selling visas for 500k to Chinese investors. 

42 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Haha.  Went Nazi on 2nd post afterwords.

pure and clean.  Always.

It's not rooting for cancer, it's rooting for a maximally painful death.  Which is sentiment Rush has voiced to a large radio audience multiple times during his career. Less than 50 people on a sports website conveying the same sentiment doesn't exactly measure up to what ol' Rush has placed in his lifelong storage unit of hate.

• Hook 'Em 3

I spent most of my life wishing the best for everybody.

Most of it.

It's not like I started out the asshole and became Gandhi a few years in, either.  Fuck Rush Limbaugh.  I hope he suffers, and on his deathbed he finally sees the light.  If God lets him into heaven, so be it.  If this perspective keeps me out, so be it.

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

VERY, VERY NSFW.

God I miss Bill Hicks. Pancreatic cancer got him far too young.

I am of the opinion that Bill Hicks was somehow given cancer by the CIA.

I have absolutely no evidence of this of course. But if I want to still believe in God, which I do, it helps with reconciling the fact that Bill Hicks is dead and Alex Jones and Donald trump are still alive. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I spent most of my life wishing the best for everybody.

Most of it.

It's not like I started out the asshole and became Gandhi a few years in, either.  Fuck Rush Limbaugh.  I hope he suffers, and on his deathbed he finally sees the light.  If God lets him into heaven, so be it.  If this perspective keeps me out, so be it.

If that fuckface is in heaven, I have no desire to go there. 

6 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

VERY, VERY NSFW.

God I miss Bill Hicks. Pancreatic cancer got him far too young.

I like Bill Hicks. I dislike everyone he targeted in that bit. But I didn't find it funny. It's like conservative humor; devoid of substance, just vulgar name-calling, basically.

And vulgarity in comedy doesn't bother me. But that was just gratuitous and shallow. If he had done it as a version of The Aristocrats, that might've worked. Go bigger, bring in more (low) characters and more vulgarity, really go over the top. And he would've been talking about actual aristocrats!

• Like 1

^
Well put, as pithy and original as he was...that's easily one his most garbage bits.  He starts out with sights set on Rush and then just talks about an old woman's vagina with absolutely zero innovation or humor.  It's painful to hear because he starts out with such anticipation, but it's just vulgar noise 90 seconds later.  He had so much brilliance, but that bit ain't it.  Carl LeBove would agree.  Having said that, let's get back to making fun or Rush.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

^
Well put, as pithy and original as he was...that's easily one his most garbage bits.  He starts out with sights set on Rush and then just talks about an old woman's vagina with absolutely zero innovation or humor.  It's painful to hear because he starts out with such anticipation, but it's just vulgar noise 90 seconds later.  He had so much brilliance, but that bit ain't it.  Carl LeBove would agree.  Having said that, let's get back to making fun or Rush.  

Bill Hicks was great unless he got too angry. Then it wasn’t really comedy anymore. Carlin was the same.

• 1 month later...
  • hayden_horn changed the title to Rush Limbaugh has died from lung cancer
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot