Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot

Gil Bang

Just now, Gourmand said:

Fuck him, I'm glad he's dead.

I'm actually embarrased as a human. When I saw it trend on Twitter I yelled out "Yippee" so loud it startled the dogs and my wife.  She asked what am I excited about, I lied through my teeth and said "Bitcoin is above $51K."

I'm ashamed of what I've become in the last year.  I need to find solace before the GOP Death Cult takes my entire humanity.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I bet he thought he looked cool owning the PC crowd by smoking cigars on the air all the time.  He had a beef with Stephen King last year about COVID, in which King brought up an old Limbaugh quote that said "First hand smoke takes 50 years to kill someone, and not everybody gets cancer."  It was closer to 25 years in his case.

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-stephen-king-rush-limbaugh-cigar-smoke-cancer-coronavirus-20200313-gddgybecbje6bbnhea35t5lstm-story.html#:~:text=Limbaugh%2C a noted cigar smoker%2C announced last month,50 years to kill people%2C if it does.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm actually embarrased as a human. When I saw it trend on Twitter I yelled out "Yippee" so loud it startled the dogs and my wife.  She asked what am I excited about, I lied through my teeth and said "Bitcoin is above $51K."
I'm ashamed of what I've become in the last year.  I need to find solace before the GOP Death Cult takes my entire humanity.
This evil motherfucker is a huge part of the noise machine poison that filled the brains of the zombie cult. He damaged this country with his particular brand of vile propaganda that enriched him and paved the way for Fox News and beyond.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gourmand said:
10 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

This evil motherfucker is a huge part of the noise machine poison that filled the brains of the zombie cult. He damaged this country with his particular brand of vile propaganda that enriched him and paved the way for Fox News and beyond.

Just now, from a former US HOR Parliamentarian / Clinton WH Staffer, via text:  "Rot in hell, rush. you and newt did nothing but contribute to the demonization of the other side political culture that is plaguing America and dividing friends and families."

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Motherfucker ran through the tape and got to see Joe Biden serve as POTUS as his prize. LOL

Enjoyed his commentary through the early years, missing his earlier style of the 90's when he was actually funny and had a wit about him. Later in his career, it was just same ole same ole party line.  There wasn't a whole differentiating him from the other talking heads, other than the size of his audience.  "The WTf did he just say?"  moments transitioned from satire & humor to being hurtful, and  became more and more frequent until they became the norm.

Like him or hate him, he's one of the best  broadcasters in the history of radio.  I'm neither sad nor happy about it.  He was just a dude who was very good at his job, while his personal life was a mess much of the time.  Pretty sure I wouldn't trade for that...

Edited by slorch

Trying to keep it as close to classy as possible while still being fair. A democracy needs a diversity of political views to thrive. I do not recall Rush Limbaugh ever advocating for a positive view of conservatism, or explaining why it would be good for America or Americans. The closest he came to a positive message was praise for someone else’s attacks on his favorite targets. His entire life’s work was defined by creating, stoking, and channeling hatred to the people he thought deserved it. He reveled in incivility as a virtue. His legacy is that he laid a lot of bricks in our current foundation of politics as a nihilistic, zero-sum blood sport where making the other guy lose personally is at least as valuable as notching a win for the country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Rush's death will become a political issue.  i immediately expect the usual suspects - Cruz, Gaetz, Gym, Hawley - to come out and ask Biden to lower the flags to half mast for Rush.  i mean, he did "win" the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  "he's an American hero and patriot."

this will become a political talking point for a few news cycles.

even in death, Rush will be divisive as ever.

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

Motherfucker ran through the tape and got to see Joe Biden serve as POTUS as his prize. LOL

Enjoyed his commentary through the early years, missing his earlier style of the 90's when he was actually funny and had a wit about him. Later in his career, it was just same ole same ole party line.  There wasn't a whole differentiating him from the other talking heads, other than the size of his audience.  "The WTf did he just say?"  moments transitioned from satire & humor to being hurtful, and  became more and more frequent until they became the norm.

Like him or hate him, he's one of the best  broadcasters in the history of radio.  I'm neither sad nor happy about it.  He was just a dude who was very good at his job, while his personal life was a mess much of the time.  Pretty sure I wouldn't trade for that...

Ah, yes.  The classy, witty Rush of the '90s who made a joke to a national audience about 12 year old Chelsea Clinton being the White House dog.  

Edited by Bojack
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Ah, yes.  The classy Rush of the '90s who made a joke to a national audience about 12 year old Chelsea Clinton being the White House dog.  

Thats the kind of Republicanism slorch misses. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Rush Limbaugh has died from lung cancer
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot