Dallas Crawfish

Spoosner

I’ll probably get negged for this (or mad faced or whatever we’re calling it here), but crawfish is the one Texas tradition I just can’t get into.  I love the taste, it’s just way too much labor for the payoff.  Feels like more of a snack than a meal.  Like one slight step up from eating peanuts.  I’ll eat the shit out out of some peel and eat shrimp, I’ll go to town on some crab legs, I love corn on the cob and sausage.  I just think the crawfish are a waste of energy and too damn messy...the squeak isn’t worth the grease .  And yes, I know how to eat them right.

To each their own.  I don't notice the "labor" at all.  Just go on auto-pilot and murder those delicious buggers.  Would also say part of the fun is the social aspect of peeling, eating, and drinking beer with dirty hands at a big long table with other enthusiasts.  

• Like 1

For anybody wondering, the boil was thoroughly enjoyable.  Weather was obviously nice.  The boilers were from Katy, TX.  Crawfish were good size and seasoned well.  Only complaint was they just did one huge batch of sides (corn, sausage, and potatoes) and kept them in a cooler.  They tasted good, but they were cold.  I'd guess I went through 8 or 9 lbs.

On 4/10/2018 at 7:43 PM, Landomatic said:

I’ll probably get negged for this (or mad faced or whatever we’re calling it here), but crawfish is the one Texas tradition I just can’t get into.  I love the taste, it’s just way too much labor for the payoff.

Kind of with you on this.